Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone 4S

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its good, simple to use and I have no need to change!

nothing more really!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
first phone I've ever had that after several months I still have no issues with, everything just works

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't I-Phone 5 being released shortly to make 4S obsolete ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i-phone 5 and i-pad mini set to make their debut in September , hopefully not on a Tuesday when the Albion are playing and Bozza shuts down NSC for Apple Appreciation Day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't I-Phone 5 being released shortly to make 4S obsolete ?

The new iPhone (which almost certainly will not be iPhone 5, just 'new iPhone') may be unveiled at Apple's WWDC next week. Alternatively it may not. Regardless, it's still likely that it won't be released until the Autumn. It's likely to have a bigger screen, most likely 4 inches, as well as more RAM and faster processor etc.

The 4S will be far from obsolete and is likely to remain in the range for the more budget conscious.

(Back on topic - the iPhone 4S is an utter joy, of course.)

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm still rocking an iPhone 3GS. Waiting to see if the new iPhone will tempt me to upgrade. The 4S didn't...

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Has anyone used Phones4U to buy an iPhone? They're doing the 16Gb iPhone 4S for free plus £50 cashback via Quidco compared to O2 where it's £99.99 for the phone and no cashback. Is this the bargain it seems?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Mine is a pain in the arse. I am dead against people being on their phones all the time. But I can't put this one down. I hate being part of the phone culture. Grrr, get a Nokia 3210. Lol.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i have a iphone 4s (work phone) and an HTC sensation, still prefer my sensation. Much better OS, better camera and better screen. Also not locked down to Apple, and much lighter (considering it is a bigger phone)...

More android apps are free, when compared to the Apple version that you have to pay for, you don't have to buy ringtones from itunes, you can use anything.

Fortunately i didn't have to pay for my iphone, they replaced my trusty blackberry with it, i was quite happy with my Bberry... Maybe i will fall in love with it one day, who knows....

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
The new iPhone (which almost certainly will not be iPhone 5, just 'new iPhone') may be unveiled at Apple's WWDC next week. Alternatively it may not. Regardless, it's still likely that it won't be released until the Autumn. It's likely to have a bigger screen, most likely 4 inches, as well as more RAM and faster processor etc.

The 4S will be far from obsolete and is likely to remain in the range for the more budget conscious.

(Back on topic - the iPhone 4S is an utter joy, of course.)

I will be very surprised if the iPhone 5 is not announced at the wwdc next week. It's exactly two years this month since the release of the iPhone 4 and nearly all who took one around release will be out of contract. It wouldn't be like apple to miss a trick.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
i have a iphone 4s (work phone) and an HTC sensation, still prefer my sensation. Much better OS, better camera and better screen. Also not locked down to Apple, and much lighter (considering it is a bigger phone)...

More android apps are free, when compared to the Apple version that you have to pay for, you don't have to buy ringtones from itunes, you can use anything.

Fortunately i didn't have to pay for my iphone, they replaced my trusty blackberry with it, i was quite happy with my Bberry... Maybe i will fall in love with it one day, who knows....

I also have both with my HTC Sensation XL being the work one. Agree with you on everything except the OS. Not as fluid as the iPhone but as a piece of hardwear the HTC wins hands down (as have all the others I've owned over the last 15 years or so.....) if only the 2 of them could get in to bed together and make a truely world besting phone!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
No so good for phone calls as it is very hard to hear people unless you are using a headset. And the battery life is terrible. But I absolutely love it. Use it constantly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

OS, camera and screen may be better on the HTC in your opinion, but general consensus is you're quite wrong on all of those unfortunately. Ice Cream Sandwich is the closest Google have come to emulating iOS, all earlier versions (that 93% of Android phones are still running, and probably stuck with, due to the unique way Android phone manufacturers tend to abandon their users) are dreadfully inadequate.

The app pricing model is an interesting discussion point but it's far from the clear cut situation you suggest it is. This is still a very young industry and those in it are feeling their way to find out which models work given the revenue generating options of paid for apps, in-app purchases and ad supported. However one thing that is undisputed, to date, is that iPhone users will spend more money than Android users. This occurs from the very outset - I've never heard someone say "I couldn't afford an Android phone so I bought an iPhone" and carries onto app purchases. If I was pushing apps out into Android-land, I imagine I'd be looking at a free/ad-supported model since Android users seem to struggle to find 50p here and there.

I would imagine that analysis of iPhone and Android users would show iPhone users, on average, being from higher socio-economic groups than the Android paupers.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
My I-phone 4s may as well just be a bloody games console since Bozza put that link up for the New Star Soccer app. Can't remember what else my phone does now other than fail to intercept passes & badly misjudge wind direction!!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
OS, camera and screen may be better on the HTC in your opinion, but general consensus is you're quite wrong on all of those unfortunately. Ice Cream Sandwich is the closest Google have come to emulating iOS, all earlier versions (that 93% of Android phones are still running, and probably stuck with, due to the unique way Android phone manufacturers tend to abandon their users) are dreadfully inadequate.

The app pricing model is an interesting discussion point but it's far from the clear cut situation you suggest it is. This is still a very young industry and those in it are feeling their way to find out which models work given the revenue generating options of paid for apps, in-app purchases and ad supported. However one thing that is undisputed, to date, is that iPhone users will spend more money than Android users. This occurs from the very outset - I've never heard someone say "I couldn't afford an Android phone so I bought an iPhone" and carries onto app purchases. If I was pushing apps out into Android-land, I imagine I'd be looking at a free/ad-supported model since Android users seem to struggle to find 50p here and there.

I would imagine that analysis of iPhone and Android users would show iPhone users, on average, being from higher socio-economic groups than the Android paupers.

Interesting post Bozza, so because i am a fan of the Android, and yes i am running ICS. It doesn't mean that i am from a low socio-economic group, i find that you tar people with that brush kind of offensive, just because I am not a massive fan of Apple products. This is my own personal opinion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting post Bozza, so because i am a fan of the Android, and yes i am running ICS. It doesn't mean that i am from a low socio-economic group, i find that you tar people with that brush kind of offensive, just because I am not a massive fan of Apple products. This is my own personal opinion.

There are always exceptions to rules. Enjoy your lucky position in life (even if your phone falls a bit short.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here