Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury updates - Ulloa and Orlandi

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone will be playing just off Ulloa, in the role Buckley couldn't cope with at the start of the season.

I can't help thinking whoever makes that position work for them, CMS, Barnes or Lita, they will be in goal heaven.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
IF, and it's a big if, CMS comes back the same player as he was before then he must start just behind Ulloa. I think that combination would rip this division apart when complimented by Buckley, Orlandi and Lua Lua.

PLEASE stop with the "bring back CMS" sycophancy... He is not good enough for the Championship and we, and him, need to move on... I can never understand how otherwise intelligent people seem to be blind to his general lack of the skills required to succeed at this level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else noticed that the longer CMS is injured for the better he gets? I've never seen a long term injury improve a player so much!

You are not wrong, but all three support strikers bring something different. Quite exciting, and imagine if Hoskins could get himself fit too. If we had all 5 strikers fit at the same time we would have so many options depending on what was required.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Someone will be playing just off Ulloa, in the role Buckley couldn't cope with at the start of the season.

I can't help thinking whoever makes that position work for them, CMS, Barnes or Lita, they will be in goal heaven.

Agree with that and it will be CMS.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Spot on for me

Pig

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Conway

Bridcutt
Crofts
Orlandi

Buckley

Ulloa

Can't not play Conway (when ulloa plays), best crosser the club has had since Bennett.

No idea how the rest will fit onto our bench!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
PLEASE stop with the "bring back CMS" sycophancy... He is not good enough for the Championship and we, and him, need to move on... I can never understand how otherwise intelligent people seem to be blind to his general lack of the skills required to succeed at this level.

PLEASE stop with the "get rid of CMS" sycophancy...He is perfectly fine for the Championship and you need to move on...I can never understand how those otherwise unintelligent people seem to be blind to his all round game which is required to succeed at this level.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
None of them are going to make it.

image.jpg

We're DOOMED.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When it's mentioned off of Ulloa what are we talking? Is it the 'No 10' role something like Sheringham played with Shearer at Euro 96 or what Rooney does at Man Utd with Van Persie or are we talking about Ulloa dropping deeper and being the link to a higher front man himself?
Personally CMS in the first option is a big no from me, not technically good enough and we have far better players who can and have played there . As for the 2nd surely that would limit the role Ulloa (when fit) does bloody well and if not the best in the league is bloody high up there at doing .

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
opinions, opinions, opinions, only one counts thats Oscar's. When all fit it will be very interesting.My 10pence worth, CMS give him a chance playing off Ulloa. Mt team would be
Thomasz
Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Bridcutt
Crofts
Orlandi

Buckley
CMS
Ulloa

Subs Casper, Conway, Lita, Kazenga, Augustein, March, Ince, Forster-Caskey, Barnes, Calderon, Lopez, Andrews, Dunk, March, El-Abd.

Oops could be a number of disappointed players.

Hoskins not included as might not be back this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is we're all guessing about how CMS is going to be, back from such a long, tough injury.

If he's lost his pace/dynamism then he may as well drop to League Two, as this is by far his main attribute. If he hasn't lost it, he may work with Ulloa quite well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I can't understand how you can make such a statement TBH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree I think he will be immense and Oscar will play him in the right position unlike Gus, which incidentally was one of his bad decisions.

I think that Lita and Barnes will be plan B if plan A isnt working.

I'm with you on this BG and Kumquat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we'll start with home and away teams and formations.

Until such time as we encounter 'must win games' we'll have Ulloa +1 at home, but a 5 man midfield away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has there been any news on Ulloa this week? Reports were that he was due to be able to start running this week - 6 weeks since he had the pin put in the broken bone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Has there been any news on Ulloa this week? Reports were that he was due to be able to start running this week - 6 weeks since he had the pin put in the broken bone.
I think he's running on one of those zero gravity treadmills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here