Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury updates - Ulloa and Orlandi

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
IF, and it's a big if, CMS comes back the same player as he was before then he must start just behind Ulloa. I think that combination would rip this division apart when complimented by Buckley, Orlandi and Lua Lua.

What the same player who goes months without scoring the very thing Barnes gets slated for

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What the same player who goes months without scoring the very thing Barnes gets slated for

CMS was a lone striker in a team that created far more than we now though, he was playing in a team that had most of our best players. CMS big advantage was pace that Barnes can only dream about but Barnes hold up play and ball skills are streets ahead of CMS. Finishing? Jury's out for me on that. Oscar will have a nice problem when Ulloa and CMS are back. Lita, Barnes and CMS as strike partners if he decides to go two upfront at any stage. Instead of saying who is better we should be happy that we have choices as to who should partner Ulloa when needed.

CMS Orlandi and Ulloa and Buckley were all sitting just behind the dug out yesterday none of them limping or in plaster all looked very well lots of smiles all good from where I was sitting on the other hand KLL was looking more dejected which I took as to say his recover is still only at the early stages come the next home game I think we could be a very different team

Last week Lua Lua was at BACA and said he was out for 5 weeks so 4 to go!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
pretty sure cms had scored about 12/13 goals before he got injured

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
CMS big advantage was pace that Barnes can only dream about
I've said this elsewhere but bears repeating. No surprise that until Saturday, our last penalty, many matches ago, was in CMS penultimate game. The 4-1 / Ulloa hat trick etc. CMS is a nightmare for defenders in the box.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If CMS starts more then 10 games for us in total again I'll eat my hat.

With Orlandi, Ulloa, LL, Bridcutt and Buckley all fit and available we'll be close to auto promotion. Orlandi, Ulloa and Bridcutt being our best outfield players.

Last edited:

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I must say that in the right formation CMS would possible not be the most prolific goal scorer but in the same way people talk about how certain players create space and opportunity for others I suspect CMS may well be a real influence in the future.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The problem with having CMS playing off Ulloa is that he technically isn't good enough, I just can't see him turning into a number 10 overnight. I still have nightmares now about when he played right wing against Millwall.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
CMS has played alongside Barnes a few times without doing anything.

We all hope he will come back firing but he was pretty woeful for large parts.

We will see. I think he will be alright and certainly a good option for us

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tom

Bruno/calde
Greer
Upson
Ward

Bridcutt

Crofts
Orlandi
Buckley
Lua Lua

Ulloa

I wouldn't even like to try and pick our best team once all our players are fit, If you look at the squad we've got it's almost frightening. I'm glad Oscar has got that job and not me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've said this elsewhere but bears repeating. No surprise that until Saturday, our last penalty, many matches ago, was in CMS penultimate game. The 4-1 / Ulloa hat trick etc. CMS is a nightmare for defenders in the box.

To be fair we have had a lot of penalty claims turned down since then

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I wouldn't even like to try and pick our best team once all our players are fit, If you look at the squad we've got it's almost frightening. I'm glad Oscar has got that job and not me.
To be honest, I'm also glad Oscar has got the job and not you!!!

How you doing fella?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think there's a lot of people missing the point over the different tactics now Garcia is in charge. He wants to play a more pressing game a la Arsenal rather than Barcelona. Quicker to attack than undr Poyet. That will suit CMS down to the ground. The important thing is to adjust all the injured players back in. I think in early 2014 we will have Ulloa and CMS destroying teams. Will depend on each game what formation. Sometimes the two of them with Buckley and Orlandi providing the ammo. Other times adding Spanish Dave to Bridcutt and Crofts in the midfield. I just think we are blessed withwhat we have right now. I'd love to see Garcia turn round in January and say "No, it's ok. We're sorted". It's the oldest cliche in the book that to have a long term injured fella come back is like a new signing (e.g. Aaron Ramsey). We have several.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here