Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury updates - Ulloa and Orlandi

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
CMS will surely play when fit, he's the best channel runner at the club. 4-3-3 with a front three of Buckley, CMS and Ulloa will be difficult for any second division opposition to defend against.

Can't see that. Everyone clamouring for CMS but he very rarely delivers. Ulloa a shoe in, Orlandi for Conway and Buckley for Spanish Dave.

First 11

Kusczcak
Bruno/Calderon
Ward
Upson
Greer
Bridcutt
JFC
Crofts
Buckley
Orlandi
Ulloa

Subs.
Ankergren
El Abd
Ince
KLL
CMS/Spanish Dave
Barnes
Calderon/Bruno

Spoilt for choice so don't envy Oscar having to tell a few they're outside the 18 and will be playing for the development squad!!!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can't see that. Everyone clamouring for CMS but he very rarely delivers. Ulloa a shoe in, Orlandi for Conway and Buckley for Spanish Dave.

First 11

Kusczcak
Bruno/Calderon
Ward
Upson
Greer
Bridcutt
JFC
Crofts
Buckley
Orlandi
Ulloa

Subs.
Ankergren
El Abd
Ince
KLL
CMS/Spanish Dave
Barnes
Calderon/Bruno

Spoilt for choice so don't envy Oscar having to tell a few they're outside the 18 and will be playing for the development squad!!!!

If you had been to any of the friendlies then you would know that Orlandi was playing in the role that JFC has been playing in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't see that. Everyone clamouring for CMS but he very rarely delivers.
At the start of the season Oscar was very keen for Buckley to play off Ulloa's shoulder.
That is until he realised it just wasn't going to work.

It's the position made for CMS, I expect him to be given a good run of appropriate (mainly home) games, to make the position work.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Think we have to go 2 up front when we have Ulloa back. Too often with both Barnes and Ulloa alone up front we've hoofed the ball upfield to them, and there's not a sufficient number of players around them to pick up the knock downs. We saw how effective Barnes and Ulloa were together against Arsenal, can't understand why it hasn't been tried more regularly.

For me, with everyone back fit. Side should be:

Kush

Calde - Greer - Upson - Ward

Bridders - Crofts

2 of Buckley, Lualua and Orlandi

Barnes

Ulloa

Orlandi, Kaz and Buckley can battle it out for the wide spots with Dave etc. Think Bridcutt and Crofts are vital players, and shoe ins for the middle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't see that. Everyone clamouring for CMS but he very rarely delivers.

It's because he was played out of position for a season and a half. Playing off of Ulloa will be a completely different matter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you had been to any of the friendlies then you would know that Orlandi was playing in the role that JFC has been playing in

And! I've given my opinion and to clarify, Bridcutt is just in front of the back four, Orlandi on the left, Buckley on the right with Crofts and JFC in the middle of the park. Doesn't matter what was played in the friendlies as, from what I recall, there is no law in football that states once you have played in a position in a friendly then you're stuck with that for the whole season!!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

First 11

Kusczcak
Bruno/Calderon
Ward
Upson
Greer
Bridcutt
JFC
Crofts
Buckley
Orlandi
Ulloa

Subs.
Ankergren
El Abd
Ince
KLL
CMS/Spanish Dave
Barnes
Calderon/Bruno

Can't see Orlandi playing wide. He plays best behind the main striker, where JFC has been playing

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Can't see Orlandi playing wide. He plays best behind the main striker, where JFC has been playing

JFC hasn't been playing that far forward? Played level with Crofts most of the time in CM. With bursts forward into the box to support Barnes just as Crofts has? Played a little further forward yesterday when Bridcutt came on though.

Think if Orlandi plays there's not too much discipline on his position. He could roam across the field with Barnes and Buckley/Lualua if played in the formation I suggested. Like the analysis of Lallana on motd last night if you watched it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Orlandi playing off Ulloa with Buckley and Kaz on the wings is the stuff of dreams, stick Bridcutt and Crofts behind them and we will be flying. I think Barnes could also play off Ulloa and do the tracking back as well. CMS? Not sure where he will fit in, not good enough on the ball to play on the wing in front of the other players and I can't see him playing in the No 10 role. Bench and used if/when we need to pay a high pressing game.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Pig

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Conway

Bridcutt
Crofts
Orlandi

Buckley

Ulloa

Can't not play Conway (when ulloa plays), best crosser the club has had since Bennett.

No idea how the rest will fit onto our bench!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Orlando is smart, articulate and his favourite food is Parmesan risotto - three reasons why he should walk into the starting line-up.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
It's because he was played out of position for a season and a half. Playing off of Ulloa will be a completely different matter.

This. If he delivers in that position is another question, but one that I hope that we try out enough to know the answer.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Think we have to go 2 up front when we have Ulloa back. Too often with both Barnes and Ulloa alone up front we've hoofed the ball upfield to them, and there's not a sufficient number of players around them to pick up the knock downs. We saw how effective Barnes and Ulloa were together against Arsenal, can't understand why it hasn't been tried more regularly.

For me, with everyone back fit. Side should be:

Kush

Calde - Greer - Upson - Ward

Bridders - Crofts

2 of Buckley, Lualua and Orlandi

Barnes

Ulloa

Orlandi, Kaz and Buckley can battle it out for the wide spots with Dave etc. Think Bridcutt and Crofts are vital players, and shoe ins for the middle.

Cant see Oscar not playing Keith Andrews

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For home games.

Koosh

Bruno
Upson
Greer
Ward

Buckley
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Kemy A
Lua Lua

Ulloa

For away

Crofts for Kemy A

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
IF, and it's a big if, CMS comes back the same player as he was before then he must start just behind Ulloa. I think that combination would rip this division apart when complimented by Buckley, Orlandi and Lua Lua.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
What I like is that OG has compensated for the lack of immediate firepower by getting more midfeilders into the pen area and taking shots. This has resulted either directly or indirectly with 6 goals in two matches. Just need to ensure that when Orlandi, Ulloa and CMS get back into action the midfielders remain as positive. I still think we have an 8-0 in us this season (+ve scoreline that is!)

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here