Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury updates - Ulloa and Orlandi

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our team is going to look pretty impressive when these lads come back.

If I were an opposing manager I'd be thinking "shit - if they can thump Blackburn 3-0 with a team without CMS Orlandi and Ulloa in, then what are they gonna do WITH them in"

Well l'm not sure whether CMS WOULD have been in the team, certainly not alongside as Ulloa as we don't start with two target men. I think Orlandi would have to work hard to get back into the starting eleven too.

Mind you, l take your point, with our injured players back we should soon start to march up the table.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes he does! Pre-season he was playing on the left of the front three - which I believe is where Dave played for part of the game yesterday

Well I missed Dave playing on the left (sic) but the competition for the left spot is still between Orlandi, JFC and Conway depending on how we set up

Well l'm not sure whether CMS WOULD have been in the team, certainly not alongside as Ulloa as we don't start with two target men. I think Orlandi would have to work hard to get back into the starting eleven too.

We've not had two target men to start ???

The prospect of CMS playing off Ulloa is pretty mouth watering. If it comes off it could be deadly, equally if it fails I'm not sure what the future holds for CMS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Mind you, l take your point, with our injured players back we should soon start to march up the table.

CMS is not a target man, and never will be.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Orlandi is going to have to work hard to get back in

Our only creative link player who also scores a few ?

His name will be on the team sheet every time he is available.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Couldn't agree more, despite the score we weren't great yesterday against a very poor Blackburn side.

We've missed Orlandi massively and need him back

I agree we weren't great but better than Blackburn and Kooshack in fine form

I agree Orlandi is a favourite but I just don't see it as a shoe in. My thinking is this (forgetting the back 5) and I accept it's by no means as simple as this given many of these can perform dual roles and I don't even know what sort of formation Oscar prefers given he hasn't had a whole lot of choice ... but it does show just how much strength we have

Up front Ulloa is always "guaranteed" his place
I think/hope Oscar plays one off/behind his shoulder ... that will be any of CMS, Barnes, Hoskins or Lita
We'll always have one out and out wide man ... that will be one of Buckley, KLL or Conway
That leaves two to pick from Orlandi, JFC, Dave, Agustien, Crofts and Andrews

So whereas Orlandi is on my team sheet it's not like there isn't a decent bit of competition

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd like to see Oscar experiment with two central strikers up top too, but rather like with Gus, l have my doubts that he will, especially if we continue with playing someone out wide, be it Buckley, Lua Lua or Conway.

Presumably if Ulloa and CMS return next month we will find out!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would say that once Bridcutt is fully back, we'd have the confidence to play just one defensive midfielder, which may allow us to 2 attacking wide men AND 2 strikers. CMS and Ulloa could be amazing

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Assuming our injuries resolve themselves and in next 6 weeks then my bet is that Conway definitely and Lita possibly are likely to return to Swansea. and probably not to be seen again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
CMS will surely play when fit, he's the best channel runner at the club. 4-3-3 with a front three of Buckley, CMS and Ulloa will be difficult for any second division opposition to defend against.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS will surely play when fit, he's the best channel runner at the club. 4-3-3 with a front three of Buckley, CMS and Ulloa will be difficult for any second division opposition to defend against.
One day we'll have Buckley CMS Ulloa & KLL together.

I don't care if we have to be 3-0 down after 20 minutes, I still want to see it.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I was watching one of our players warming up during the game yesterday, but for the life of me I couldn't think of who it was. Then by a process of elimination I realised it was Agustien - it's been so long since I've seen or heard of him that I'd forgotten what he looked like. It made me chuckle.

Still that's him and Bridcutt off the injury list, only six more to go...

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Our team is going to look pretty impressive when these lads come back.

If I were an opposing manager I'd be thinking "shit - if they can thump Blackburn 3-0 with a team without CMS Orlandi and Ulloa in, then what are they gonna do WITH them in"
What about Will & Kaz?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here