Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Injuries' that hurt a LOT more than they sound/look

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, but it is pretty funny too, isn't it? Even men find it funny when other blokes take one in the tezzers. We all laugh at a football match when a player boots it into an opponents soft-and-delicates from a couple of feet away.

If it makes you feel any better, as a kid I once borrowed a (boy) friend's bike to ride around the neighbourhood on. Finishing up, and forgetting the difference in frame-design between boys' and girls' bikes, I leapt forward off the saddle, landing solidly, one leg each side of the crossbar (feet didn't quite touch the ground as it was a bigger bike than I was used to, you see).

I may not have what you have down there, but by God, did it make my eyes water for a good few minutes.

Funny, as in a very sadistic "Ha Ha, I am glad that was you and not me" way.

Next time it happens, listen for the immediate reaction of "Oooooh" from the crowd, followed swiftly by the laughter. The best reactions are in the cricket - the commentators all wince then start laughing rather a lot whilst stating "I think that may have hurt a bit - ha ha ha!!"

It is very difficult to imagine what a bike crossbar up the nethers feels like when you have different nethers! But a crossbar in the nads hurts A LOT, so I can only imagine that is was not entirely pleasant. Can't say that I have ever had a Ferrero Rocher in the eye either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Aching knees. I need to see a physio about this:

Every time I play footy/jog etc for more than an hour, my knees are ridiculously tender afterwards - going up and down the Amex steps is absolute agony - if you're in WSU you've probably walked passed me going down the steps gingerly. It only seems to affect going up (or worse) down stairs. On level ground I feel FINE.

I'm only 27 so worried that this could continue to degenerate and affect my exercise.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I take the dreaded PAPER CUT as a good example of this. It looks pathetic, it sounds pathetic, but MY WORD it can smart.

I'm currently limping round the office with a BRUISED toenail from a stud on it at footy yesterday. Looks pathetic, sounds pathetic, bloody hurts.

Let's hear 'em.

Broken foot,i could never understand the fuss,then i broke mine the pain did not ease for about 4 weeks, when i broke my arm no pain could just feel the bones rubbing when i moved it

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Every time I play footy/jog etc for more than an hour, my knees are ridiculously tender afterwards - going up and down the Amex steps is absolute agony - if you're in WSU you've probably walked passed me going down the steps gingerly. It only seems to affect going up (or worse) down stairs. On level ground I feel FINE.

I'm only 27 so worried that this could continue to degenerate and affect my exercise.

Possible flat feet? I used to not be able to walk properly for 2/3 days after playing football. I was finally told I had flat feet, got orthotics and have not had knee problems since..

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

I'm 66, it is called Bungalow Legs. It's really arthritis. :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rotator cuff problems, leading to trapped tendons in your shoulder and upper arm.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Some of the cuts you get from dry, cracked skin on your hands sting like an absolute BASTARD, especially when you knock them inadvertently.

There have been some very good contenders so far but this one is it.

I get loads over the winter, mainly on the end of my fingers vertically just below the nail, it makes feeling for anything unbearable and knocking them brings tears to the eyes for ages, even simple things as putting hands in pockets is excruciating. Here's one that has just started, tomorrow it will be down deeper so it bleeds at every opportunity:angry:
C5AEACA0-FA6C-4673-B805-1CACD8B1410A-304-0000001B6DCE0923_zps1a30f8f9.jpg

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Rubbing your eye, forgetting that you chopped Scotch Bonnet chillies earlier.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A good old fashioned POKE in the eye. It doesn't sound to bad but you cant see for ages and your eye is red and watery.

Managed to poke myself in the eye once too.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Blind spot has to be a contender.

You ask someone to look at it. "Can you see anything?"
They say "No"
You say "but it bloody hurts!"
They say "Whatever you do, dont squeeze it. Just leave it".

It fits all the criteria. It sounds rubbish. There's nothing to see. It's technically just a SPOT. And it REALLY hurts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here