Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Inigo Calderon

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
CALDERON RETURNS TO ALBION

We are thrilled to confirm the appointment of Inigo Calderon as our new men’s under-18s head coach.

The 41-year-old rejoins us after three years in various coaching roles with Alaves in Spain.

Technical director David Weir said, “We have been working to bring Inigo back for a while and this is a great appointment for us, and one which I know will really excite the supporters.

“He is a very good fit for us. He has a real understanding of what we’re about as a club and the emphasis and importance of our academy. I am looking forward to working with him and seeing what he can bring to the academy set up.”

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “I am delighted that Inigo has returned. We have kept in touch since he left the club, and looked for the right opportunity and time for him to return both professionally and personally. Aside from his obvious status as a club legend, you only have to look at his CV, qualifications and personality to see that Inigo ticks all the boxes for what we look for in a coaching role of this type.

“Inigo is incredibly popular amongst staff from his time here before and has great experience as a player and coach in Spain, England, Cyprus and India. He is an excellent fit with the club’s values and I know supporters will join me in giving him a warm welcome for a second time.”

The former defender originally joined Albion in January 2010, helping us to promotion from League One the following year. He played in our opening Championship game at the Amex – a 2-1 win over Doncaster Rovers – going onto help us establish our place in the second tier before departing in 2016.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Brilliant welcome home Calde ( still cant believe I was at his debut at a very snowy and cold Walsall )

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I was having a rubbish day. Then this smacked me in the face.

Good news.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The secret scout who doesn’t know how to use the correct ‘their’ and refers to us as ‘Brighton FC’ as well as getting the Calde thing wrong (after Xmas - I suppose technically it’s correct 🤣). Got to love twatter…
That Secret Scout does seem to get a lot right at youth level. I imagine with Calde it may have been agreed for him to start at the end of the season.

CALDERON RETURNS TO ALBION

We are thrilled to confirm the appointment of Inigo Calderon as our new men’s under-18s head coach.

The 41-year-old rejoins us after three years in various coaching roles with Alaves in Spain.

Technical director David Weir said, “We have been working to bring Inigo back for a while and this is a great appointment for us, and one which I know will really excite the supporters.

“He is a very good fit for us. He has a real understanding of what we’re about as a club and the emphasis and importance of our academy. I am looking forward to working with him and seeing what he can bring to the academy set up.”

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said, “I am delighted that Inigo has returned. We have kept in touch since he left the club, and looked for the right opportunity and time for him to return both professionally and personally. Aside from his obvious status as a club legend, you only have to look at his CV, qualifications and personality to see that Inigo ticks all the boxes for what we look for in a coaching role of this type.

“Inigo is incredibly popular amongst staff from his time here before and has great experience as a player and coach in Spain, England, Cyprus and India. He is an excellent fit with the club’s values and I know supporters will join me in giving him a warm welcome for a second time.”

The former defender originally joined Albion in January 2010, helping us to promotion from League One the following year. He played in our opening Championship game at the Amex – a 2-1 win over Doncaster Rovers – going onto help us establish our place in the second tier before departing in 2016.
Cor that is fantastic. Club clearly worked on this hard and are rightly, delighted!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The secret scout who doesn’t know how to use the correct ‘their’ and refers to us as ‘Brighton FC’ as well as getting the Calde thing wrong (after Xmas - I suppose technically it’s correct 🤣). Got to love twatter…
I'd guess the plan was for him to join a few months ago as per the original Tweet, but there was some hold-up.

The Secret Scout is a very reliable source of information and is clearly privy to a fair amount of inside info, especially related to young players and Chelsea. I'd guess he's an ex-Chelsea academy coach. I have not know him to be wrong about much to be honest. He was the first to report Calde rejoining to the best of my knowledge and was ultimately proved correct. Naylor trusted him enough back in December to tweet that Calde was rejoining.

Yes, the "Brighton FC" thing was a bit irksome, but he's one of my favourite follows. Seems to love De Zerbi too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd guess the plan was for him to join a few months ago as per the original Tweet, but there was some hold-up.

The Secret Scout is a very reliable source of information and is clearly privy to a fair amount of inside info, especially related to young players and Chelsea. I'd guess he's an ex-Chelsea academy coach. I have not know him to be wrong about much to be honest. He was the first to report Calde rejoining to the best of my knowledge and was ultimately proved correct. Naylor trusted him enough back in December to tweet that Calde was rejoining.

Yes, the "Brighton FC" thing was a bit irksome, but he's one of my favourite follows. Seems to love De Zerbi too.
Sorry didn’t know it was a big account so I stand corrected. Not like it’s big news to anyone other than us anyway I guess so would be odd to make up.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Sorry didn’t know it was a big account so I stand corrected. Not like it’s big news to anyone other than us anyway I guess so would be odd to make up.
No worries. He's definitely no bulls*itter. I'd recommend a follow, if you are on twitter as he (or she) posts a fair amount of Albion stuff. He attends a few of our matches too.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Now that is some mighty fine news right there. Will we be able to see him on the bench on match days going mental as we pump five past Chelsea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here