Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Inigo Calderon

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wonder the odds the day he joined that 23 years later we would be 6th in the PL playing Europa league football. 5000/1 or more?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One of my very first '' ITK '' pieces of knowledge at Brighton concerned Calderon

It was to do with whether he would get a new Contract or not. It seemed to me that everyone on here wanted him to get a new contract and with me having no historical knowledge at the time wondered what all the fuss was about and was sort of surprised he was getting an extension at all. Anyway, I think he eventually got a one year Extension to his contract, if I recall correctly.

Then a year later the same speculation arose at the start of the next season and by this time I had been posting on NSC for a bit so I sort of understood the sort of ''Hero Worship'' status he had attained over the years and this time I knew he wasn't going to have his contract extended and knew that many people on NSC would be saddened by that news. But it was still the right decision to let him go then. Bruno was a better full back than him and that was the season that the squad started to evolve and better players started to come to the club.

He is a really nice guy to chat to. Him and Sam Baldock were the two players who came in to the Managers room the most after matches

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We had a dozen years of either Calde and/or Bruno at the club. The last nine months have been barren* without either so it is MAGNIFICENT to have him back.

*Yes we've scored and won for fun and had the best season of our history but you know what I mean.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is simply the best news.....

On a separate matter, apart from dabbling in voodoo, do we know anything about what has now happened to Enock Mwepu?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
*Peering into my crystal ball*

I foresee we may have just found RDZ's replacement. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the plan here, and would be very 'Brighton'. A couple of seasons, just maybe?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Under Bloom, we have never replaced a manager permanently with an internal appointment.

I don't expect that to change.
Indeed. This particular sentimental bandwagon will now move on from Nathan Jones to Calderon though. Meanwhile Tony will continue to appoint managers we have never heard of basis cold hard facts rather than previous connections with the club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nice to have a connection to the past still involved with the Club, but I don't see any long term plan in the pipeline here. Other than potential Interim manager if anything were to change at the helm mid season.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Under Bloom, we have never replaced a manager permanently with an internal appointment.

I don't expect that to change.
It's radical, granted, but it would make sense to aim for something like that in the future. Not just developing young players, but young coaches into managers/head coaches.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The secret scout who doesn’t know how to use the correct ‘their’ and refers to us as ‘Brighton FC’ as well as getting the Calde thing wrong (after Xmas - I suppose technically it’s correct 🤣). Got to love twatter…

The Secret Scout account does seem to be more than 1 person. That account has posted from home sections of the Amex before and from the Albion end of Wembley for the FA Cup semi but scouts usually sit in the same area as the press and not in with the home fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Secret Scout account does seem to be more than 1 person. That account has posted from home sections of the Amex before and from the Albion end of Wembley for the FA Cup semi but scouts usually sit in the same area as the press and not in with the home fans.
Yes I didn’t take the name as literally a scout more just ‘ITK account’ type thing…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruno was a better full back than him and that was the season that the squad started to evolve and better players started to come to the club.
Rubbish utter rubbish look at the stats more goals, more assists, defended without the need to hold his hands behind his back.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rubbish utter rubbish look at the stats more goals, more assists, defended without the need to hold his hands behind his back.
Those stays were in lower leagues. Bruno was a great player. A very clever player. Read the game brilliantly and first touch was far superior

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here