Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - Legend

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Needs to be on legends wall. Cant believe the cant ****ing defend for shit bruno gets a year but not calde. Sack the board.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is a legend and we all love him

Yeah.... eh.. can we forget that half time chat where I said he needed to come off because he was not a midfielder and off the pace!

:returnoftherev: Sorry I meant :facepalm:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Who constantly writes Calde off? He can be a part of the playing squad right up until his 60th birthday for all I care, as long as he's here I'll be happy (and I suspect others would be the same).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The Calde situation is a bit like the unfortunate Kuipers, who missed out on turning out for us at The Amex after years of loyal service to the club. In a similar vein, the loyalty to BHA shown by Calde, who could have signed for Saints and gone on to play for them in the top flight has almost certainly meant that his chance to play at the highest level in England has gone for good.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The Amex should renamed after him.

The Calderon.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Didn't have the best first half, took his goals very well though. Thought he was just onside for his first and the replay seems to confirm that. Would have loved for him to get a third today and complete a hat-trick, you know you will always get 100% effort and commitment from Calde even on a poor day he won't let his head drop and will keep trying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess the rest of the team thought he was offside as well.

That can be the only reason for leaving him to celebrate on his own in front of the north east corner.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great to see him score on his 200th appearance. I was willing a hat trick, I am sure the place would have gone utterly mental.

I didn't realise it was the Legend's 200th appearance. I think for milestones like that the player in question should lead the team out, or be first out onto the pitch.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I didn't realise it was the Legend's 200th appearance. I think for milestones like that the player in question should lead the team out, or be first out onto the pitch.

Was his 200th appearance in all competitions and also his 150th start for us in the league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was last off, instead.

If only the club had a legends wall Calde would be deserving of a place.

Oh and as for Bruno getting a contract and Calde not, bollox on this thread.
Calde will be offered a new contract to sign, he will sign it, so what's the rush.
He's not going anywhere else, and he's likely to turn up next season anyway, with or without a contract.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Had stockdale not saved the penalty, listening to Hughton interview I am pretty sure Calderon would have been off at half time

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Wouldn't be sufficient. Maybe the city of Brighton could be renamed Calderon.

Like this. My mate Pedro already says, that "we will give you back Brighton when you give us back Gibraltar". Only problem is, Gibraltar is a shit-hole and they can have that back anyway.

Anyway, back on topic. Calde is a legend and sorry if fixtures but I noted for the first time yesterday that Leon had seemingly been removed from the legends wall. Fitting place for Calde.

And another thing, surely someone has the club has sat down with Calde, told him to do his badges as he is not going anywhere and will be part of the coaching team...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We are getting a cat soon. I shall be pushing for the name 'Inigo'.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Absolutely love the man. He's been my favourite player for years. We've had some great representatives on the pitch like Liam and Bobby but Calde's positivity and commitment is so consistent and backed up by the shifts he put in I think he truly an Albion legend. I also really like his attitude to education and football - he has a real long term view.

I did not know he was on 200 games yesterday - that should have been marked in some way - perhaps a montage of his goals could still be put together.

I really hope we keep him at the club not just as a player but on the coaching staff. Would a future manager be asking too much?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Love him, admire him, please give him a new deal, however for me was very poor first half and should not be playing midfield, got away with it today with his goals. Love him more than ever though

Yup, agree with this. His goals masked a generally poor but enthusiastic performance today. And I love him as much as the next man!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always plays with passion and has adopted the club as much as the fans have adopted him. We have been lucky with a few " Legends " over the years, I would put him in the same bracket as Oats and Mayo.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not 100% sure, but from block G, WSU he looked at least a yard offside for his first goal. Was he?

Probably answered further down the thread, but no he wasn't offside. Watched FL show carefully and he timed his run like a true striker. We should give him another year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here