Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - Legend

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Calderon looks very comfortable in the advanced right spot. Bruno was shambles today. Would almost be a shame to push Calde back to right back at the moment but with the wingers available and Bruno stinking the place out it could be on the cards for Tuesday.

Top show from Calde today

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Sorry have to take slight issue with the OP. I do love Calde and he gives 100% every game but he is 100x better when he's not playing at right back. The reality is he can't defend very well anymore and gets skinned whenever up against a pacy winger. Going forward though he always will be quality good crosser of the ball and has bagged a fair few goals for us arriving into the box late. Having said that Bruno was calamitous today but he is generally solid.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ordinary first half but a great second half, he's going the right way to earning another year on his contract.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry, got to disagree, I thought he was excellent in the first half, faded a bit in the second but so did some others, Tex, Ince. The biggest disappointment for me, apart from Best who has been consistently poor, was Baldock, just not good enough. Why did we send Colunga out on loan and retain Baldock? Beats me.

You've got to be kidding. Bruno is a liability in defence. People seem to equate having flair with being casual. No surprises that he gave the penalty away. In the first half he hardly played a decent ball forward. I'd rather see Calderon there and have another proven midfielder ahead of him.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Top man - chuffed for him today. Maybe slowing but gives it all every time. Sign him up for another year

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You've got to be kidding. Bruno is a liability in defence. People seem to equate having flair with being casual. No surprises that he gave the penalty away. In the first half he hardly played a decent ball forward. I'd rather see Calderon there and have another proven midfielder ahead of him.
Oh dear.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed.Bruno was shocking again.

Thought he had a poor first half but was excellent 2nd half. Anyone in West block I will appreciate how good that cross that lead to Texs 2nd was - and he won the ball to start with. Think he's improved this year overall...

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Love him, admire him, please give him a new deal, however for me was very poor first half and should not be playing midfield, got away with it today with his goals. Love him more than ever though

Agree with all that. Wanted him to be taken off at half time.:shootself:shootself:shootself

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agree with all that. Wanted him to be taken off at half time.:shootself:shootself:shootself

And me. He was trying to be a centre forward in the first half when we needed width. Then he realised Best was shit and just did his thing. Yes I love the man.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not 100% sure, but from block G, WSU he looked at least a yard offside for his first goal. Was he?

I was looking for the flag, but the replay showed a defender playing him on.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
calde is a legend. no one tries harder than him

both he & bruno are better going forward than they are at defending

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry have to take slight issue with the OP. I do love Calde and he gives 100% every game but he is 100x better when he's not playing at right back. The reality is he can't defend very well anymore and gets skinned whenever up against a pacy winger. Going forward though he always will be quality good crosser of the ball and has bagged a fair few goals for us arriving into the box late. Having said that Bruno was calamitous today but he is generally solid.

Yup

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Shit first half.

Showed Best how a centre forward should play for his first goal.

Lots of tenacity for the second goal.

Bruno was poor today, but Calde didn't give him much cover IMO. Neither are the solution for right back or right mid.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He's our longest serving player in the squad as well. A great player to have in the team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here