May 22, 2012
You lost me at '...the declining quality of posts...'

🤣

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
In light of the declining quality of posts on the forum,
People have said this for years, yet NSC continues to be a great place to post
1. Autocorrection of misspelt names. Does the forum have a function to change “Connelly” and “Encisco” into “Connolly” and “Enciso” automatically? Such as The Complete and Utter Shyster/Mike Dean phenomenon?
Wouldn't mind this, as long as accents are included obviously.
2. Those returning from forum suspensions not being able to create new threads until after, say, six months of regular posting with no reports or warnings about conduct?
Nah
3. Flounce threads moved immediately to Bear Pit - anyone found doing this given an immediate forum and IP ban?
Definitely not. One of the best things on NSC, if anything they should be pinned
4. Source tier lists being required for posting of rumours from Twitter, or caveat of anecdotal information clearly labelled at start of rumour/ITK posting. This is extremely common on most club’s forums. Reposting of identical Twitter stories results in a short thread ban, to allow the user time to read the thread and catch up.
Don't really understand this. How is the tier ranking decided?
5. The requirement, per other forums, to declare which team users support upon signing up. All being welcome, but it will prevent obvious poseur trolls joining and starting immediate new negative threads in an attempt to get a rise from genuine users
I like this idea as it helps with context. It could lead to more animosity towards fans of other clubs though, as they're easier to spot.

I'll add:
6. Remove multi-quote, it makes posts too long and boring. Generally when I see someone multi-quote I just scroll straight past them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Re: point 4, many forums and the wider social media have tier lists when it comes to sources. This is based on the historical quality of their ITK stuff. E.g Tim Vickery or David Ornstein are a higher tier of journalist reporting on a transfer than the Delhi Sports Action Tribune or Cloughie420 with 17 followers.

Here is an example and further development of the idea; https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/guide-to-sources.30385/

The reason this would be of benefit is that it would prevent two things;

- Posts from very poor sources on Twitter and the like getting undue attention and

- Constant reposts of the same story being reworded and embellished and re-tweeted from shit tier sources.

Example; the Dog and Duck Monthly Newsletter has an “Exclusive” that Robert De Zerbi is off to Palace. This is then copied by The Queen’s Legs Telegraph, who add in that it’s a swap deal for Zaha. Then the Daily Mail pick up the story and report that “De Zerbi to Palace swap for Zaha done deal”.

This is how “new media” journalism works and could be nipped in the bud by making it clear the tier of the source is dreadful and shouldn’t be posted in the first place
I believe that some mandatory online courses in media literacy should be taken for the crime of believing posts that are clearly based on the thinnest of evidence. This will optimise the skill set of NSC uses to a level deemed appropriate by our glorious overlords.

Or we can just continue to take the piss when nonsense has been posted in the hope that users will up their game.

To be honest, I think you asking a lot of Bozza and the moderators (NSC band name right there) - I am on bass) to solve a problem that isn't really there. We are all quite capable of ignoring and scrolling past the crap you are alluding too. And for those that aren't, let them discuss gate-keepare we to gate keep media literacy in the name of someones' perceived 'standards' of information?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I wasn't introduced to this forum because of the football it was because of Jamie (rip). I joined this forum due to wanting to post or follow another topic. Posting standards are fine, we all take what we want from it. One 'sauce' is as good as another if it confirms our own suspicions. Someone has a sig on here that says something along the lines of 'they talk about anything but football on there'. It's what makes this forum special, no need for anyone to show their 'colours' on arrival as most of them do anyway. I notice it's all gone VERY quiet from the Palace side though and even the Palace side have some nice posters. ;)
To post on here you have to have a thick skin, or use the ignore function. Took me bloody ages to be brave enough to make my 1st post. It doesn't need changing & there's nothing wrong with being nice to away supporters either. We give them 'home' beers on the concourse, that should be extended to here (within reason obviously). If any changes are to occur. Enrest should be forced to post again, Giraffe should be sanctioned for late tracker updates, Dick-head should also be sanctioned for matchday threads posted later than 4am. (y)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I appreciate @jcdenton08 for making the suggestions. They feel a bit Swiss when NSC is more Italian in its approach.

It's always evolving here and all ideas are welcomed (even with lashings of piss taking), but ultimately we have Bozza to thank for the gentle, rambling, informative, funny, occasionally moving home from home that is NSC, and I trust him to cherry pick as needed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In light of the declining quality of posts on the forum, I’ve come up with some suggestions for @Bozza to consider.

1. Autocorrection of misspelt names. Does the forum have a function to change “Connelly” and “Encisco” into “Connolly” and “Enciso” automatically? Such as The Complete and Utter Shyster/Mike Dean phenomenon?

2. Those returning from forum suspensions not being able to create new threads until after, say, six months of regular posting with no reports or warnings about conduct?

3. Flounce threads moved immediately to Bear Pit - anyone found doing this given an immediate forum and IP ban?

4. Source tier lists being required for posting of rumours from Twitter, or caveat of anecdotal information clearly labelled at start of rumour/ITK posting. This is extremely common on most club’s forums. Reposting of identical Twitter stories results in a short thread ban, to allow the user time to read the thread and catch up.

5. The requirement, per other forums, to declare which team users support upon signing up. All being welcome, but it will prevent obvious poseur trolls joining and starting immediate new negative threads in an attempt to get a rise from genuine users

I have a few other ideas to improve the quality of the forum, but these are ones which could/should be looked at first and foremost.

What a load of bollocks. I hope this quality answer is up to your high standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here