Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Improving posting standards on NSC - some suggestions

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've long thought that all posters should wear Panama hats on Tuesdays. What say you?
If I have to fork out for a Panama hat, I don’t want to be restricted to wearing it on Tuesdays! This may lead to a flounce.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think we should have to vote off 1 poster per week. They then have to leave a grace period of a few months before joining with the new username and persona (lol).

Permanent bans for anyone 'outed' as their previous incarnation within a week.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've long thought that all posters should wear Panama hats on Tuesdays. What say you?
I have done for some time..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
6 - we could all play nicer.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Nazi like auto correction should only be applied to one word. Obtaining a new player has nothing to do with vocal talents - signing/singing!

And how about a ban for the response " Have you tried turning it on and off again?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ok - understood and I'm broadly supportive.

But how does the "reliability index" get incorporated into threads.

Someone posts a transfer rumour from an agreed dodgy source - how is that identified and treated?
Everything is fine. You and your team deal with trolls and pollocks perfectly well. Pillocks have to be tolerated. We can't all be Shakespear, and it's perfectly fine to be wrong and annoying. But as we saw yesterday, some can be abusive (like the twerp who abused me yesterday). Then you slap them around a bit, metaphorically speaking, or ban them a bit.

All is well :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nazi like auto correction should only be applied to one word. Obtaining a new player has nothing to do with vocal talents - signing/singing!

And how about a ban for the response " Have you tried turning it on and off again?"
it would be a duller place without these and other idioms.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I had never seen this before. What happened? Why did it end so abruptly?

Funny to think how much has changed in the Club/World since this was created over 10 years ago.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I had never seen this before. What happened? Why did it end so abruptly?

Funny to think how much has changed in the Club/World since this was created over 10 years ago.
I was going to say the same. I'm trying to remember what happened, but there must have been another thread from around the same time in which an enormous, gold-plated flounce took place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Im really not sure who's taking the mickey and whos serious.
Almost everyone is serious, but many of us do like a bit of low comedy. It's usually fairly obvious. For example, any post of mine with 'should of' in it will be facetious. We seem to have moved away from the sort of red-faced confrontation perpetrated by the likes of several noisy and now banned people with (frankly) underlying mental health issues (depression mostly). Now, being filleted and defenestrated by wit is generally fun, and I personally don't mind being thrown through a metaphorical window from time to time. That said, it can be easy to miss-read the room. I have done it many times. My weakness* is mistaking deadpan grumpiness for confrontation. Fortunately one of my good pals posts extreme grumpy messages on here, so I'm getting better at judging. I think that NSC is great fun, and is also becoming extremely informative about all things BHA. Many posters have a brilliant sense of the weft of the club, and I find that to be reassuring. After all we have been through. :thumbsup:

*OK ,one of many

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here