Improve the country in a year...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Cut VAT to 15%
Put the top rates of tax up to 50% on all earnings over 100K and 60% on all earnings over 200k
Introduce a land tax on all property worth over £2.0 million.
Reduce the massive tax gap by increasing the number of HMRC staff and enforcing jail time for corporate and big money tax cheats.
Scrap Trident.
Bring the Railway and Utilities back into public ownership
Stop the backdoor privitisation of the NHS and education.
Make a commitment for a referendum on a British Federal Republic to be held one year after the coronation of Charles III
Remove US bases from British soil
Work with other members of the EU to introduce an EU wide Tobin tax
Scrap the current extradition treaty with the US.
Hold round table discussions with all the relevant nations on Afghanistan and ensure the complete withdrawl of UK forces.
Adopt a policy of non-intervention in other countries with the exception of the existing UN criteria.
Scrap the austerity programme and all associated policies.
Begin building Council houses and allow local authorities to borrow against stock subject to financial limits.
Introduce a phased programme of free nursery care for the under 5s
I could go on...

It's amazing that in that long list there isn't a single thing I don't completely disagree with.
You'd have destroyed GB within your first year.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's amazing that in that long list there isn't a single thing I don't completely disagree with.
You'd have destroyed GB within your first year.

Whereas I could have written the same list as dandyman. Seems we want different things from our country.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Amazing how many people are targeting benefits. A victory for Cameron and co that. For the information of those saying that we should reduce child benefit, even if we reduced it by 50%, we'd save about the same amount we let Vodafone off in tax recently. Abolish it completely and we're saving the amount we spend currently on foreign aid.

Maybe most people agree with Cameron and co. regarding benefits.
You're missing the point regarding Child Benefit and child related benefits. It isn't the money saved that is the main object, it's stopping the excessive breeding which is causing our population to rocket.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So someone who's worked their arse off all their life and earned enough money to fund a second property so they can live a comfortable retirement and give their offspring some help on the ladder gets their property taken off them and sold cut price to someone who's arsed about all their life and has never bothered saving any money? How is that fair?

Because you can up-fkuc an honest renter's life on a WHIM? Me son & g/f paid some currant of a landlord religiously every damn month for about a year and last Summer got hauled in front of a court TWICE to fight eviction orders cos the currant hadn't passed
on their rent to the mortgage company. fortunately the court saw the currant for the currant he was. Hopefully he's bankrupt now and living under a bypass somewhere. C*nt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Introduce a land tax on all property worth over £2.0 million.
Make a commitment for a referendum on a British Federal Republic to be held one year after the coronation of Charles III

these two i'm really curious about. the first, why £2m? what is special about that number, as i recall its the same the Libs band about for related policy. also, don't you see the inherent flaw, that anyone would simply split larger land holdings to be <2m. you need to impose your tax on anyone who owns more than 2m worth of land, and make exemptions for NHS, MOD, public authorities etc.

in that vein of glaring loopholes, why so specific on "Charles III", or a referendum at all? any future monarch could sidestep by not being crowned Charles III, and you'd lose a referendum anyway so why not simple make a republic in your year?

Dandyman

In London village.
these two i'm really curious about. the first, why £2m? what is special about that number, as i recall its the same the Libs band about for related policy. also, don't you see the inherent flaw, that anyone would simply split larger land holdings to be <2m. you need to impose your tax on anyone who owns more than 2m worth of land, and make exemptions for NHS, MOD, public authorities etc.

in that vein of glaring loopholes, why so specific on "Charles III", or a referendum at all? any future monarch could sidestep by not being crowned Charles III, and you'd lose a referendum anyway so why not simple make a republic in your year?

You are quite right that 2 million could be 3.0 million or 4.0 million - the point is about taxation of a massive assets that can't be hidden in the some overseas tax dodgers haven. As for Charlie boy the point is to have referendum at a time when a person who has the massive advantage of having been a permanent feature in the our national life for most of us is no longer Sovereign.

You are quite right that I could simply declare a Republic but I would prefer it to be a choice.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Privatise everything but major motorways.

Declare war on France

Deport Katie Hopson

Send the SAS to raid the oil and gas reserves of the USSR and get as much oil and gas as possible.

Appoint David Icke and Alex Jones as senior advisers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You are quite right that 2 million could be 3.0 million or 4.0 million - the point is about taxation of a massive assets that can't be hidden in the some overseas tax dodgers haven.

now that just plain strange. why have a tax on everyone with highly valued property when you want to target a very specific set of cases. its interesting as it shows how we end up with such a clusterfudge complex tax law because vested interest want to target this thing or another, but often in round about ways (hence creating loopholes). i agree with the issue you want to address, foreign ownership of empty residences, but the policy stated covers a wide range of unintended groups like retired spinsters, farmers and small businesses. why not impose a tax on any foreign owned property?

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Maybe most people agree with Cameron and co. regarding benefits.
You're missing the point regarding Child Benefit and child related benefits. It isn't the money saved that is the main object, it's stopping the excessive breeding which is causing our population to rocket.

Cameron and co. are cutting benefits to control the population?! Because only poor people have children right?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1. Reduce the overseas aid budget by 75%.
2. Leave the EU
3. Cancel HS2
4. Increase MP's salaries but reduce number of MPs by one third.
5. All future immigration on the basis of work permits. You can come her to work bringing a spouse and op to two dependent children.. You pay taxes. You receive no benefits. When you stop working you must return to your country of origin.
6. Immediately withdraw British troops for Afghanistan and agree to no further overseas military adventures.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because you can up-fkuc an honest renter's life on a WHIM? Me son & g/f paid some currant of a landlord religiously every damn month for about a year and last Summer got hauled in front of a court TWICE to fight eviction orders cos the currant hadn't passed
on their rent to the mortgage company. fortunately the court saw the currant for the currant he was. Hopefully he's bankrupt now and living under a bypass somewhere. C*nt.

Have you been drinking?

And from what I can make out from your story- landlord tried to screw tenant unfairly, court saw what was happening, tenant won. So what's the problem?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Disband Manchester United and wipe all record of them from history - all supporters must realign themselves with their local clubs or face prison.
All supporters must support the closest football club to their place of birth or (I am not a complete dictator) the closest football club to their home or place of work.
All footballers must play for a club within the county of their birth. (this rule may be adapted as I see fit to ensure that Brighton get the best player. (Bloody hell i just thought of this as i got to the bottom of my list - Power really does corrupt, even hypothetical power)
Reality Television will be scrapped - people will just have to live with reality.
Singing/talent show competitions will be scrapped - if one wants to be a star they will have to work for it by forming a band and playing real music in shithole venues and learnign the craft of song writing (they may choose which style of music to play and pick their own instruments.
The very last reality TV show will be the beheading of Simon Cowell and his ilk (i am not prepared to research who else is responsible for the abomination of music until I am swept to power).
All sponging lay abouts will be removed from parliament and made to go and get a proper job.
Parliament will be given to the homeless
The queen and royal family will be abolished and replaced by Stephen Fry, Rob Brydon and David Mitchel.
Stephen Fry, Rob Brydon and David Mitchel will form a kind of cabinet for my tenure.
All EDL and BNP members will be sent back to where they came from or taught to speak English, taught the concept of compassion and allowed to stay.
New parents will have to pass a basic parenting course before they are given a license to have a child (Don't take the piss and try and have children anyway or I will steralise the lot of you mother ****ers!).
NSC will form the basis of discussion for all decisions made by my cabinet - Although all the knobheads I disagree with will be ignored and I will do what i want anyway (even if it is Rob Brydon) but it is nice to be asked eh?
BadFish by Sublime will become our national anthem and the UK will change it's name to BF
Anyone engaging in activities deemed to be unPC will be hunted by the HAngwringers and have their hands squeezed and wrung until they are devoid of liquid.
You don't want to know what the Bleeding Hearts do.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Get the unemployed to build motorways, invest in Building a massive airforce, navy and new tank regiments, abolish all other political parties and appoint myself as "the leader" and grow a little moustache. Stop Jews from having any business interests or influence over the media as a precursor to having them resettled in work camps, make all kids join a new milataristic scouts movement start a new all blonde private army, burn the synagogues and then invade Poland.

What could go wrong?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
ban Paul McCartney from singing 'Hey Jude' at any event ever ........... anywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports