Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improve the country in a year...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
All GP's have to do an 8 hour shift at a local A&E on a rota to perform a triage service - no one gets admitted to A&E without a proper medical consultation, and those with minor ailments get a prescription and sent home.
Reduce taxation on real ale and increase on lager etc.. it is something that is manufactured in the UK so increasing consumption of real ale would improve the economy.
Reduce the number of MP's by 25% & reduce the items they can claim expenses for, why should they have a lunch allowance when houses of parliament is their workplace.
Legalise prostitution, only allowed in licensed brothels - increase in tax, reduces human trafficking, and will ensure that employees are clean and safe.
Double the tuition fees on pointless degrees such as history etc.. reduce/remove them for useful subjects.
Teach primary school kids about modern history such as world wars etc.. why do they need to know that Jethro Tull invented the seed drill.
Start apprenticeships at 14 for kids that don't want to continue academically, wouldn't it be better to learn a trade than get GSCE's?

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
If you choose to work a (let us speculate) 40 hr week for (let us simplify) £40k pa and are taxed at 25% but I choose to work an 80 hour week for £80k pa, please explain to me the fairness of taxing my second £40k at 40%.

Krugman already has explained that. Please explain what part of his critique you do not understand, and I might be able to help you.

Note I am assuming you are being honest, and have read Krugman's critique.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Abolish the human rights act,child benefit for first two children only,cut job seekers allowance after six months,charge ten pounds up front for doctors appointment,reduce to five pounds when You've turned up for appointment,life means life in prison,no half sentences for any crime,one MP per county.Stop all foreign aid immediately.

Abolish the human rights act? You're surely trolling, what part of this could you possibly disagree with? http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/contents.

You might have an issue with some judges interpretation of it but the act itself is the cornerstone of a civilised, free society

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Restrict the ability of high street commercial premises to remain empty for more than a year.

More than half of the empties in my local high street have changed hands but the new owner is either pissing about or waiting for the economy to change. We're talking 4 or 5 years here. The licencing law should be geared around the premise "shit or get off the pot".

Yup, solid thought. force landlords to lease commercial properties empty for more than a year at little or no rent as well.

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Stop all child benefit
Stop all child tax credits
Subsidise petrol so is kept low
Get out of europe
Jobs for local people before immigrants
Kick out all those that cant speak a word of English- if they want to live here fine, but learn the bloody language.
Stop all aid to other countries
Free heating allowance for all over 65's depending on income
Bring back hanging
Shoot on sight all peodophiles
Lock up anyone that disagrees with the above until my year is up

As the OP said, you cant stop or argue with the above as I am in charge for a whole year!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Make all income tax come directly to me. Spend the year building a super villain's lair into a massive floating rock served by a private army of dwarfs with the proceeds. Get a load of bitches to live on there with me. Try to destroy the sun.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The rest are made to be put up for sale and sold to someone who is currently being bled dry by a property portfolio owning landlord. Obviously.

So someone who's worked their arse off all their life and earned enough money to fund a second property so they can live a comfortable retirement and give their offspring some help on the ladder gets their property taken off them and sold cut price to someone who's arsed about all their life and has never bothered saving any money? How is that fair?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So someone who's worked their arse off all their life and earned enough money to fund a second property so they can live a comfortable retirement and give their offspring some help on the ladder gets their property taken off them and sold cut price to someone who's arsed about all their life and has never bothered saving any money? How is that fair?

Allied to the fact that anyone paying off a mortgage is f***ed as their house will likely halve in value due to there not being the demand. Congrats in one swoop you've managed to drop half the country in negative equity. Result.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Allied to the fact that anyone paying off a mortgage is f***ed as their house will likely halve in value due to there not being the demand. Congrats in one swoop you've managed to drop half the country in negative equity. Result.

But hey, at least the wasters won't be jealous anymore.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Abolish child benefit completely, you chose to have children you pay for them. Make all benefits earnings related to what you have paid in tax; never paid tax dont receive any money in benefit simple. DNA all new born babies to establish father and ensure support until children are 18 years old and thus abolish CSA a not needed. Reform the allocation of social housing so that everybody has the opportunity of 1 bite at the cherry abuse it and be homeless. Give free bus passes to all children at school or college.

agree entirely with this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Abolish child benefit completely, you chose to have children you pay for them............ Give free bus passes to all children at school or college.

You have contradicted yourself here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All agents, whatever their field, will be jailed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here