Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seem to recall RDZ talking about players who needed to be carefullly managed, injury-wise. Webster was included along with Lamptey Lalana and Welbeck , I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ok, I'm wrong.

He certainly wouldn't start for me right now.
I would go with Igor myself, my point is more about Webster being made culpable for a lot of the goals when he’s played, when actually, other than positionally vs Villa and Antonio vs West Ham, (and even both of those involved others, the Villa one Mitoma and Pervis were basically asleep….. and we lost possession cheaply on the Antonio one as well……. ) I’m struggling to think of a direct error other than the West Ham first goal.

Sorry terrible sentence structure…..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For a good technical player I agree, but the jury has to be out deliberating given his lack of pace. Igor isn't that quick but think he'd comfortably do Adam. It's one of the few pitfalls of moving into the top 8 bracket, some favourites get found out given our higher expectations. But I'm not writing him off yet, let's see
You're badly wrong in terms of pace. Webster is our quickest CB. I think his biggest current problem is his passing isn't quite good enough for RDZ, and that's why he's no longer a regular. He can make some great passes, but lacks the consistency of the other CBs.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
No defender has covered themselves in glory this season. Webster has always had at least one pass per game that put us in trouble, luckily more often than not its not been capitalised on. From what Ive seen from Igor not convinced he's much better. It's hard to find CBs that can do what RDZ needs.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No defender has covered themselves in glory this season. Webster has always had at least one pass per game that put us in trouble, luckily more often than not its not been capitalised on. From what Ive seen from Igor not convinced he's much better. It's hard to find CBs that can do what RDZ needs.
Not many Lewis Dunk's around is what we're saying

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Lewis Dunk was my player of the year last season and I view him as our most important player this season.
However, Lewis has made several critical mistakes this season that hardly get mentioned in the way that our other defenders errors do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Lewis Dunk was my player of the year last season and I view him as our most important player this season.
However, Lewis has made several critical mistakes this season that hardly get mentioned in the way that our other defenders errors do.
Dunk has loads in the bank that’s why, he’s saved us on countless occasions. To slate Dunk would be madness. We probably give it the ffs Dunk and that’s as far as it goes.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You are right. I've always said Dunk would get away with murder or sleeping with your missus on NSC! Gross is at that level now too with Brighton fans, he was appalling in the first half on Saturday but I've not seen any mention of that. You could say they've both earned that pass but at times over the years I feel whoever has been at the back with Dunk has taken some unfair stick when Dunk never gets criticized. There was a spell a couple of years ago where Dunk was really poor for quite a while and Webster was brilliant, covering for Dunk nearly every match, but it was never mentioned and quickly forgotten.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You are right. I've always said Dunk would get away with murder or sleeping with your missus on NSC! Gross is at that level now too with Brighton fans, he was appalling in the first half on Saturday but I've not seen any mention of that. You could say they've both earned that pass but at times over the years I feel whoever has been at the back with Dunk has taken some unfair stick when Dunk never gets criticized. There was a spell a couple of years ago where Dunk was really poor for quite a while and Webster was brilliant, covering for Dunk nearly every match, but it was never mentioned and quickly forgotten.
I'm with you on how Webster has been the fall guy this season (Milner catching up fast). Look at most 'teams for x' on here, and it's a rarity for him to feature. In the Wolves game, he was our best defender in my view, but not recognised. He copped all the blame in the West Ham game -- when he made one glaring error, and was at fault for their third too (although not as culpable as Pervis) -- and consensus was that he was dreadful against Villa when pretty much everyone was dreadful against Villa.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When Dunk makes a mistake he doesn't put his head down , he knows it and then turns a lot of it into positive energy. He is streets above the rest but he's fallible given the style we play and by rule of averages he touches the ball more than most and in critical areas (last man) so he will make more mistakes.

If you drop Dunk from defence we are basically much poorer, can't say that about any of the others at the moment.

You're badly wrong in terms of pace. Webster is our quickest CB. I think his biggest current problem is his passing isn't quite good enough for RDZ, and that's why he's no longer a regular. He can make some great passes, but lacks the consistency of the other CBs.
Sure - who do I believe, you or my lying eyes. RDZ even mentioned the speed issue in relation to him on a recent back page Argus piece, I thought well that's honesty to a fault ouch

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I think RDZ is being very unwise with the constant team tinkering and changes. I think it's causing a real problem for all of the individuals who are in one game, out the next, in again and out again. It's not helpful for players not to get a run in the team and Webster in particular needs that stability, although he's the last CB I'm in favour of having a run in the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree completely on Webster covering for Dunk a couple of seasons ago, TBF it was mentioned by some on here.

As for Gross, appreciate we disagree, but IMO, he has always been one of our best performers. Don’t know if you were there Saturday, but in terms of midfield the issue was more the formation, as we weren’t getting on the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here