Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I understand that Igor can also play LB, so unless RDZ decides to give young Samuels a break, I think Igor could find himself playing LB for a few weeks - hopefully regularly enough to get fully up to speed. Perhaps being a more defensive FB might not be a bad thing for a while - in fact I'd like to see us play a settled back four of;
Veltman - JP van Hecke - Dunk - Igor Julio​
for a while to get some stability at the back. Less attacking than having Lamptey and Estupinan at FB, but no bad thing for a bit.

I'd like it to be a settled back five too, with one GK keeping his place ............ but I'd like bed and breakfast with Rachel Riley too, and that ain't going to happen either! :shrug:
It feels like pervis has been written off as a long term injury on this thread ? He was injured 3 weeks ago and at the time It was said he would be out for a month.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It feels like pervis has been written off as a long term injury on this thread ? He was injured 3 weeks ago and at the time It was said he would be out for a month.
Fine if that's the case - bring him straight back in. Hopefully he will have benefitted from a bit of a rest - he was looking a bit jaded before the injury, I think. Certainly not quite at his excellent best.
In which case, I'd still go for stability across the back four for a while -
Veltman - Van Hecke or Igor (whichever - but the same one every match, not chopping and changing) - Dunk - Estupinan​
Whichever of Van Hecke and Igor wasn't starting, they could still come on for a few minutes at the end to keep in touch and up to speed. Same for young Samuels.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fine if that's the case - bring him straight back in. Hopefully he will have benefitted from a bit of a rest - he was looking a bit jaded before the injury, I think. Certainly not quite at his excellent best.
In which case, I'd still go for stability across the back four for a while -
Veltman - Van Hecke or Igor (whichever - but the same one every match, not chopping and changing) - Dunk - Estupinan​
Whichever of Van Hecke and Igor wasn't starting, they could still come on for a few minutes at the end to keep in touch and up to speed. Same for young Samuels.
Amazing how Adam Webster has become a no no for RDZ and the club this season. I reckon he may well be off in January. I think this is a great pity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Amazing how Adam Webster has become a no no for RDZ and the club this season. I reckon he may well be off in January. I think this is a great pity.
Agreed. I've been thinking along those lines for a while. Some players just don't fit with de Zerbi; they may get pushed a bit to one side, but they certainly get the message and leave. First Tross, then Sanchez............. Webbo next on the list?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Agreed. I've been thinking along those lines for a while. Some players just don't fit with de Zerbi; they may get pushed a bit to one side, but they certainly get the message and leave. First Tross, then Sanchez............. Webbo next on the list?
Trossard was a RDZ player.
Brighton was always and only a stepping stone for leandro

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

He’s been a great player for the club, but everyone’s time comes, I think it’s not just RDZ ball, it’s more that he struggles with rotation.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He’s been a great player for the club, but everyone’s time comes, I think it’s not just RDZ ball, it’s more that he struggles with rotation.
Trouble is, rotation or not, he’s not even getting a look in at all. Weird, I reckon.
Anyway, at his age and with his talent, I’m sure he would get snapped up by another club. He is a player who needs a good run of games, but he seems so far down the manager’s pecking order, that doesn’t seem likely to happen. Yes, not all players suit a new manager’s style, such is football, but it really seems like he has got the ‘cold shoulder.’

For a good technical player I agree, but the jury has to be out deliberating given his lack of pace. Igor isn't that quick but think he'd comfortably do Adam. It's one of the few pitfalls of moving into the top 8 bracket, some favourites get found out given our higher expectations. But I'm not writing him off yet, let's see

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For a good technical player I agree, but the jury has to be out deliberating given his lack of pace. Igor isn't that quick but think he'd comfortably do Adam. It's one of the few pitfalls of moving into the top 8 bracket, some favourites get found out given our higher expectations. But I'm not writing him off yet, let's see

Is Igor comfortably quicker than Adam? I'm not saying you're wrong but it's not immediately apparent in the mental footrace I'm imagining.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On 26 June 2019, Brighton agreed to sign Trossard,
RDZ was appointed in Sep 2022!

What he means is that Trossard was a player that RDZ used regularly, in fact he probably had more minutes under RDZ than everyone other than Sanchez and Dunk at that point he left the club.

Trossard started every League from when RDZ took over until the World Cup break, the only games he missed was the League Cup game against Arsenal. After the world cup break he was a used sub in the League Cup against Charlton and then started the next two league games against Southampton and Arsenal, he was on the bench against Everton, he didn't come on and that was his last involvement in a Brighton match day squad. He joined Arsenal 2 weeks after the Everton game.

Something happened at the World Cup, that Belgium side were terrible and it had a knock on effect for Leandro and for some reason he couldn't get over it and by all accounts it lead to him falling out with the squad (rumours of him and Adam Lallana squaring up and AL wasn't happy with his attitude in training).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can’t agree with that. Webster is deceptively quick, and probably the fastest out of Dunk, Igor and PvH IMO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something happened at the World Cup, that Belgium side were terrible and it had a knock on effect for Leandro and for some reason he couldn't get over it and by all accounts it lead to him falling out with the squad (rumours of him and Adam Lallana squaring up and AL wasn't happy with his attitude in training).
Well, that wouldn't endear him to RDZ! Offski to Arsenal ASAP!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
he needed time to get up to speed each time he came back from injury so rotation is really not going help him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here