Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
When next to the chaotic Van Hecke on the night. Dunk brings out the best in them all.
I don't disagree that he brings out the best in who's alongside him but he's also had some horrible performances of late. Imagine the horror if igor or van hecke made some of the mistakes he's made recently.

In fact, the first Liverpool goal was all Dunk; the pass, wrong side and out of position when it came back.

Ridiculous criticism of igor in the Athens game without such mistakes. Need to support and get behind all our players, not look to criticise new ones as some do here (not looking at you!)

Last edited:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Not sure the lad fits in our side. He looks amazing visually but as a footballer he doesn't cut it. Can anyone see how he improves our side?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure the lad fits in our side. He looks amazing visually but as a footballer he doesn't cut it. Can anyone see how he improves our side?
He looks amazing visually - what does that even mean?!

He’s not my cup of tea - doesn’t impose himself on a game like VHecke and Webster do on their good days. All 3 have faults. He was ok today tbf.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

He’s not my cup of tea - doesn’t impose himself on a game like VHecke and Webster do on their good days. All 3 have faults. He was ok today tbf.

Pretty lad with all the Tatt's. I'd prefer it he looked like the lad who is a regularly down at my local kebab shop. But he can't kick a ball for toffee.

I'd agree on that word impose, all our other centre backs are good at imposing and driving the game forward, Veltman can play well in there if needed.

I hope he proves me wrong.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Too early to judge, some things I like, some not so much. He’s nowhere near Dunk’s level, but few are. We’ll be seeing him at LB for the foreseeable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go to the Wagner thread and check out the photos of his WAG; you’ll understand

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we need to be a bit kinder to any player coming in to an RDZ side. Especially one who struggled a little last year.
The raw ingredients are there imho.

boik

I think we need to be a bit kinder to any player coming in to an RDZ side. Especially one who struggled a little last year.
The raw ingredients are there imho.
I think we need to bear this in mind generally. Everyone takes time to bed in c.f. Bissouma, Mac etc. We are trying to compete in multiple competitions against some great teams whilst trying to bed in the likes of Igor, Baleba, Adingra, Joao Pedro, Burt, even wee Billy too. I think it will bring dividends as the season progresses, but it's hard at the moment.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I thought he played well yesterday. He's a much smoother passer of the ball than Webster or JPVH which is so important in this team. For me, he's first choice to partner Dunk.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He's adjusting to the Premier League, and getting used to a new team/tactics. There'll be ups and downs in his performances for a while. Not all players seamlessly make the transition. But if the Liverpool game is an example of how he can perform, and as he adjusts we see more performances like that or better, then he'll be a decent addition for us. In that game his passing was good, his positioning alongside Dunk was good, his communication was good, he made some very decent tackles, and most importantly he remained composed on the ball with Salah, Nunez, and Diaz buzzing around him. He's had some other iffy performances so from now its whether we gradually see more of the good than bad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I understand that Igor can also play LB, so unless RDZ decides to give young Samuels a break, I think Igor could find himself playing LB for a few weeks - hopefully regularly enough to get fully up to speed. Perhaps being a more defensive FB might not be a bad thing for a while - in fact I'd like to see us play a settled back four of;
Veltman - JP van Hecke - Dunk - Igor Julio​
for a while to get some stability at the back. Less attacking than having Lamptey and Estupinan at FB, but no bad thing for a bit.

I'd like it to be a settled back five too, with one GK keeping his place ............ but I'd like bed and breakfast with Rachel Riley too, and that ain't going to happen either! :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here