Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could cast you local election vote again. Would it be Green?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Would you vote the Greens in now?

• Yes they're great

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • No! it's been a disaster

Votes: 67 61.5%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
definition of a true BRIGHTONIAN
one who was born and bred in Brighton
one who has maybe lived away(work commitments,financial,family) and maybe in several places
one who has and always will love the place, but maybe cannot afford to live there any longer
one who still might take an interest in the city even though no longer there
one who (and I suppose this should be optional) who is Brighton and Hove Albion until they die

Possibly. Who would you say the most famous Brightonian is?

PS I'll take this post script to head off HBnB's inevitable reply.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They can actually be both you know - i.e. BHA fans AND communist pseudo-hippy student politicians from London, using Brighton as their testing ground.

True, knock out the hippy bit and you're describing me.

D

Deleted User X18H

were either born in Brighton ???????

Van Day was . Fanshawe cracks on he was.

I'd say my old boss Rod Aldridge.

If Ralph Brown had been born in Brighton it would be him.

I'm worried now ! I don't necessarily agree with your point exactly but in a broad sense I do. The attitude of the Green party towards the allotment and council tax increases was "tough, we know best" - they weren't open to debate about it at all. They predicted huge cuts in frontline services if the increases didn't go through - strangely they now have a budget surplus. Clearly it was lies and hot air designed to make people support the increases.

There's a massive uproar about the increases in parking charges and rolling them out to places like Preston Park ( where any slightly intelligent person could have told you to solve the problem you could just introduce a free 4 hour parking limit ).

The Green party don't listen to the people and hopefully they'll be on the end of one hell of a thrashing at the next elections.

But to police this new 4 hour limit properly funds must be put in place for wardens- hence the residential parking schemes. As you would know if you were "slightly more intelligent."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Possibly. Who would you say the most famous Brightonian is?

PS I'll take this post script to head off HBnB's inevitable reply.

probably go for Max Miller
and the most typical Ray Brooks

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Van Day has a place in Hove.

but the question is was he born in Brighton
if he was then he is not a typical Brightonian.............he is as they say a dickhead

Is that when Kitcats trophy wife, describes Brightonians as inbreds?

I's rather be an inbred Brightonian than not at all.

A trophy wife with a Phd?

She was probably sick to deaf of racist sniping about being foreign. And if you watch the webcast closely, it is an intelligent, good humoured jibe towards a particularly slow brained Tory councillor who seemed obsessed with the birthplace of people, as if being born at the Sussex was more important than not being an idiot.

D

Deleted User X18H

but the question is was he born in Brighton
if he was then he is not a typical Brightonian.............he is as they say a dickhead

I think he was born in Brighton. Same place as me.

D

Deleted User X18H

A trophy wife with a Phd?

She was probably sick to deaf of racist sniping about being foreign. And if you watch the webcast closely, it is an intelligent, good humoured jibe towards a particularly slow brained Tory councillor who seemed obsessed with the birthplace of people, as if being born at the Sussex was more important than not being an idiot.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Look at Kitcats sneering face behind her.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think he was born in Brighton. Same place as me.

yes you are right in 1956.................................so that makes him a Brightonian dickhead then and not typical

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
But would the Conservative's have done better? That's the real question here isn't it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
probably go for Max Miller
and the most typical Ray Brooks

What about the Prince Regent himself? He surely personifies the Brighton spirit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here