Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could cast you local election vote again. Would it be Green?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Would you vote the Greens in now?

• Yes they're great

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • No! it's been a disaster

Votes: 67 61.5%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

It is regrettable I missed an R out.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The greens have good intentions.

As do the communists.

D

Deleted User X18H

Some their better stuff (yes I did say that) is a bit hap-hazard. For instance upgrading all the playgrounds in B&H. But for the last 7 weeks part of the facilities, namely the slide, at Dyke Road Park have been out of action.

Ridiculous parking charges and limitations. Sundays 9am-8pm in all zones.

I understand though, they have stepped in to save some suburban bus services in Hangleton and Lewes Road areas for instance, but using a seperate company to B&H Buses.

Not the Lemon surely?

CD1 still grates. That just shows a lack of consideration for Brighton's history.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not being a Brightonian I was going to ask:-

What have they ever done for us?

But I'll change that too:-

Is that all they have done for us?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
They are doing just as badly as those they followed and doing an excellent job at buggering up the transport infrastructure.

Why do we need party politics in local government?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They are doing just as badly as those they followed and doing an excellent job at buggering up the transport infrastructure.

Why do we need party politics in local government?

Good point. Things will change only when the ordinary man and woman on the street, without any particular party affiliation, runs for local office.

Parties out, independents in. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

Good point. Things will change only when the ordinary man and woman on the street, without any particular party affiliation, runs for local office.

Parties out, independents in. :thumbsup:

Oh yes. #savethebrightonian

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Yep. more bike lanes and a push to get less cars in the centre of Brighton and Hove in line with other progressive European towns. Less congestion, more exercise and a better environment for the next generation.
How refreshing to see another party on the political agenda and Caroline Lucas should be the next prime minister - on top of that Ian Davey is a top bloke. Hove, born and bred (tory boy) you seem to have a deep rooted, almost compulsive hatred of anything Green.
I say ban cars going up and down Ditchling Beacon ,make car drivers pay twice as much for road tax and give free cycles to those who refuse to exercise and make them cycle to work and lock hove, born and bred in a shed on top of the west pier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will vote Green next time.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep. more bike lanes and a push to get less cars in the centre of Brighton and Hove in line with other progressive European towns. Less congestion, more exercise and a better environment for the next generation.
How refreshing to see another party on the political agenda and Caroline Lucas should be the next prime minister - on top of that Ian Davey is a top bloke. Hove, born and bred (tory boy) you seem to have a deep rooted, almost compulsive hatred of anything Green.
I say ban cars going up and down Ditchling Beacon ,make car drivers pay twice as much for road tax and give free cycles to those who refuse to exercise and make them cycle to work and lock hove, born and bred in a shed on top of the west pier.

Erm......No.

I think they have done so good stuff but in a contradictory , hap- hazard type way.

Cycle Lanes yep good. But why half the length of Old Shoreham Road?

School Admin much better. But why the refusal to back the building of new schools in Brighton & Hove.

Subsidising suburban bus routes. But why take it away from Brighton & Hove buses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here