IF we don't sell out this sat then when will we

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure why we are so obsessed with this tbh. We sell out when we sell out. Until then those of us that are there should enjoy what I think is a terrific match day experience. We can all find stuff to moan about but at the end if the day no one is holding a gun to your head to come and watch of you don t like it don t come .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not sure why we are so obsessed with this tbh. We sell out when we sell out. Until then those of us that are there should enjoy what I think is a terrific match day experience. We can all find stuff to moan about but at the end if the day no one is holding a gun to your head to come and watch of you don t like it don t come .

I'm personally not obsessed with whether we are or aren't selling out I just like to guesstimate.

Pretty much ever since you used to arrive at the Goldstone and depending on how far the cars were parked along Goldstone Lane at 13.30 dictated whether I thought we'd break five figures. (Typically we did if by that time you couldn't park before the Woodland Drive interchange.)

For the Amex it's clearly much easier to work out but still it's something I enjoy. Only 60 out today. Not bad.

24,750 v 24,810 actual.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was surprised it was only 25k-ish. It looked so much fuller than that, but I guess the "attendances" (i.e. tickets sold) announced during games over the last few seasons, and especially last seasons, has kinda warped my idea of what a 24-28k crowds should look like.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was surprised it was only 24k. It looked so much fuller than that, but I guess the "attendances" (i.e. tickets sold) announced during games over the last few seasons, and especially last seasons, has kinda warped my idea of what a 24-28k crowds should look like.
This. MUCH fuller today than previous "26K+" pretendances...

Clearly it doesn't matter but I know I'm not the only football fan on the planet who takes a fairly keen interest in these things. I would love it if we can repair the relative damage of a couple of seasons of boring home games and build back to even bigger crowds. Obviously being very greedy (Cardiff had about 14K today) but we do have the potential for it to happen.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I was surprised it was only 25k-ish. It looked so much fuller than that, but I guess the "attendances" (i.e. tickets sold) announced during games over the last few seasons, and especially last seasons, has kinda warped my idea of what a 24-28k crowds should look like.

Also agree with this thought it looked much more than was announced

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agreed, next to no space on the WSU wings.....that's a good indicator usually.

Delighted to see such a good crowd,a but seeing Mendozas photo from the south stand box makes you realise there are quite a few empty seats in WSL and a batch in WSU too.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Every ST holder I know was there or they had their space filled, unusually. However, this counts the same as when they don't show and there is a space of two every couple of rows. Not many walk ups, prime holiday time for adults with no kids

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Believe it not a lot add hoc and fans who have watched Brighton in the past don't think it's easy to get tickets or even know that they get free travel from certain areas by train also new technology frightens some of them so we should keep communicating and building our fan base its getting them back into the habit .

Brighton has one of the best areas to draw fans from.

Also we get great surport from our fans who have moved out the area and either come to home games or just away games near there homes.

Let's hope add hoc fans start coming to watch now and not just the last two or three games as the team have started to deliver on the field.

It would be great to see the Amex Full it should become the twelve Man. Can't wait for Tuesday match.:ascarf::albion2::albion::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports