Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we don't sell out this sat then when will we

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I couldn't justify a season ticket this year due to economic woes. However, I'm coming to the match tomorrow. I wanted to go as it is so important to all of us. Now the usual Albion excitement is back for a Friday night.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I couldn't justify a season ticket this year due to economic woes. However, I'm coming to the match tomorrow. I wanted to go as it is so important to all of us. Now the usual Albion excitement is back for a Friday night.
If we got promoted last year i wondered if you would have found the money for a season ticket :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And the old £30 argument raises its head once again. I've been an Amex season ticket holder in the past and my blood is blue and white but i can't justify £30 mores the pity. Good luck to those who can, I'll stick with biting my nails listening to the match on the radio.

Agree with you on that score about pricing. If i wasn't a season ticket holder i would simply refuse to pay over £25 to watch a football match unless it was important. There's no reason why you can't buy tickets off here for most games at £15 a throw. Done it many times myself in the past.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we got promoted last year i wondered if you would have found the money for a season ticket :)

Even less likely. My following Albion has never depended on league position, or the league they are in. That's why I've been to Hartlepool twice, but never been to some of the bigger grounds.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Agree with you on that score about pricing. If i wasn't a season ticket holder i would simply refuse to pay over £25 to watch a football match unless it was important. There's no reason why you can't buy tickets off here for most games at £15 a throw. Done it many times myself in the past.

Must add that at the time of that post I was completely unaware of the 4 match 'pick n mix' for £100 deal, for which the club must be applauded. I don't know if emails went out in relation to it, but I was oblivious to its existence before today, being someone who rarely visits the official site.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Must add that at the time of that post I was completely unaware of the 4 match 'pick n mix' for £100 deal, for which the club must be applauded. I don't know if emails went out in relation to it, but I was oblivious to its existence before today, being someone who rarely visits the official site.
I'm surprised by that. My first point of call is probably the Argus then onto the official site for news before logging onto here.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's first vs 2nd its BZ's first game at the Amex & it's a memorial to the lives lost in shoreham.

What possible reason is there not to attend.if we were playing Arsenal it would be a sell out but this game which has far more significance than Arsenal isn't a sell out.

I DONT UNDERSTAND

Feb 14, 2010
It's first vs 2nd its BZ's first game at the Amex & it's a memorial to the lives lost in shoreham.

What possible reason is there not to attend.if we were playing Arsenal it would be a sell out but this game which has far more significance than Arsenal isn't a sell out.

I DONT UNDERSTAND

1. "Top of the table" - er, we are just out of August. Calm down.
2. "Bobby Z" - Played well for us in the third and 4th tier of English football, at the worst time in our history. Then went to Spurs. Pleased he is back but he's been injury prone and will be on the bench.
3. It's Hull in the Championship. They will bring 3 men and a dog because it's bloody miles away and it's second tier football.
4. Despite it being Hull in the second tier, Brighton will have a crowd north of 26,000/27,000 and there are very few clubs in the country that would get anything near that for a Championship game.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I DONT UNDERSTAND
The people for whom those facts hold significance for, will almost all be there. Floaters and plastics would add a few more if arsenal were in town and there'd be a couple of thousand (at least) extra away fans. It's quite simple.

Last edited:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Quite a few non STH still think we sell out every match so think they wont be able to get a ticket. They are surprised when I tell them they can get a fan number and a ticket to any match at the moment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I DONT UNDERSTAND

You don't understand because you spend too much time worrying about a few empty seats rather than what happens on that bit of green in front of you. I suspect you will probably spend the first half counting empty seats rather than enjoying the football.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
1. "Top of the table" - er, we are just out of August. Calm down.
2. "Bobby Z" - Played well for us in the third and 4th tier of English football, at the worst time in our history. Then went to Spurs. Pleased he is back but he's been injury prone and will be on the bench.
3. It's Hull in the Championship. They will bring 3 men and a dog because it's bloody miles away and it's second tier football.
4. Despite it being Hull in the second tier, Brighton will have a crowd north of 26,000/27,000 and there are very few clubs in the country that would get anything near that for a Championship game.

Agree with everything bar point four and at the risk of turning this into a somewhat macabre guess the attendance thread I think it will be 24,750

Have just counted up using the website and EXCLUDING the south stand blocks D,E,F off sale (these might be being used to house the large number of volunteers from the services etc from the crash recovery teams and hospitals etc) there are 2,250 remaining tickets plus the fact that Hull are unlikely to bring more than 800/900 means it's not going to be that big...

But an occasion to savour and remember with pride and hopefully three points!

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I DONT UNDERSTAND

Why is the game more important its a league game towards the start if the season where the result wont win or lose us promotion its just 3 points to play for.
Technically its not BZs first game at the Amex given he has been here before with visiting teams.

If you cant cope without a sell out thete is still time for you to go on line to snap up all the remaining seats and print on line to give away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree with everything bar point four and at the risk of turning this into a somewhat macabre guess the attendance thread I think it will be 24,750

Have just counted up using the website and EXCLUDING the south stand blocks D,E,F off sale (these might be being used to house the large number of volunteers from the services etc from the crash recovery teams and hospitals etc) there are 2,250 remaining tickets plus the fact that Hull are unlikely to bring more than 800/900 means it's not going to be that big...

But an occasion to savour and remember with pride and hopefully three points!

It'll be more like 26k if there are only 2250 left. 3 empty blocks in south stand is about 2250 and Hull have approx 1500 capacity area in corner, so another 500-600 empty there: total of around 5000 empty seats from capacity of 31K.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I couldn't include either end of the shelf either but yeah maybe, just don't think the single match sales look any bigger/higher than normal so just going people being back from holiday rather than sentiment driven higher attendance. Credit the club for everything they're doing for this match though.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It'll be more like 26k if there are only 2250 left. 3 empty blocks in south stand is about 2250 and Hull have approx 1500 capacity area in corner, so another 500-600 empty there: total of around 5000 empty seats from capacity of 31K.

I couldn't include either end of the shelf either but yeah maybe, just don't think the single match sales look any bigger/higher than normal so just going people being back from holiday rather than sentiment driven higher attendance. Credit the club for everything they're doing for this match though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here