Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we don't sell out this sat then when will we

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
When Barber stops being greedy with ticket prices!. It's £5 Less to get a really good seat at southamption vs norwich, A bloody premiership game!.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We didn't sell out the Derby play off game. We only sell out for the glamour games like the Gunners and Liverpool. We have too many plastic fans it seems. I hope I'm proved wrong.

We sold out Wolves several seasons ago and the Derby game had several mitigating factors e.g. On TV, school night, not everyone had it covered on their season ticket.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not sure about 'forget Shoreham' comment earlier, but anyway. ...
Next sellout? Late April when we clinch the Championship.......:whistle:

No disrespect but apart from the families who will be given free tickets (as is right) and as many friends as can afford it not many people will be convinced to go to Brighton vs Hull on the basis a tribute at 1430 for a local disaster. Those who care about the Albion and were moved by the deaths will likely already be going or have paid their own tribute without lining the pockets of the club to the tune of £30. Especially when Worthing which is much close to home for these young men have already played their own game and had a sell out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We didn't sell out the Derby play off game. We only sell out for the glamour games like the Gunners and Liverpool. We have too many plastic fans it seems. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Every club has plastic fans and we do not have 30k hard core fans. I think our gates are phenomenal given where we came from. I am struggling to think of a single Championship club that sells out Championship games at this time of year, except those with tiny capacities. Most would sell out for a glamour tie, it's nothing to be ashamed off imo :shrug:

Although the Shoreham airshow tragedy will add some to the gate I can't see that it will add thousands.

Last edited:

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I really don't get the obsession with attendances...I go,I watch, I enjoy..The end. till next game....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just under 3000 available on line now. So i'd expect 26k+ for this game now, with a few more sales nearer the day could nudge 27.

It will be a very decent crowd indeed, am expecting it to be a very special place at 14.30.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When Barber stops being greedy with ticket prices!. It's £5 Less to get a really good seat at southamption vs norwich, A bloody premiership game!.

Won't the cost of travelling there from Brighton make it more expensive (and shouldn't it be Bloom you are moaning at)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Not just the big bad PB bogeyman but also Tony Bloom and Martin Perry and David Jones and Ray Bloom and Derek Chapman and Robert Comer and Adam Franks and Marc Sugarman and Peter Godfrey.

Do you think that Paul Barber makes his decisions in a vacuum? The club have done their sums and fashioned a pricing model, agreed by the entire board, that includes a mix of discounted prices, free travel & entertainment and premium prices. It's their collective judgement that the current offering best suits the market they are addressing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
These threads are quite entertaining, the way some people seem to take it as a personal afront that a match isn't a sell-out. Everyone that wants to be there will probably be there, simple as. Just because we have a strong affiliation to BHA doens't mean everyone else in Sussex, let alone Brighton and Hove, does.

I don't personally care whether we get 28k or 30k, or even if between 30k and 25k. The important thing for me is whether I'm there and I will be.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just always remember the Amex was originally 22k and we would still be selling out every game... Just because they added 9k or so extra seats, doesn't mean we will fill the capacity every game... Although I do agree OP I'd have expected a sell out Sat - I assume it's a category A or B game which may put people off given our expensive match day prices...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

What is this nonsense about "plastic fans"? We have an extraordinary number of season ticket holders and a large pool of occasional fans who turn-up when money/work/family commitments allow, and of course it helps when the team are playing well and their is the prospect of entertainment. The same as every club. When my kids were little I was an occasional fan, but now they are grown up I'm a ST holder. Nothing plastic about that!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most of NSC knows about the events at the AMEX this Saturday, as will others who use online media. There will still be large numbers who don't. I'm not sure about The Argus coverage, but if they do a big feature that will reach more. There will still be people who cannot go for whatever reason. It doesn't make them any less respectful of its significance, mind.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
These threads are quite entertaining, the way some people seem to take it as a personal afront that a match isn't a sell-out. Everyone that wants to be there will probably be there, simple as. Just because we have a strong affiliation to BHA doens't mean everyone else in Sussex, let alone Brighton and Hove, does.

I don't personally care whether we get 28k or 30k, or even if between 30k and 25k. The important thing for me is whether I'm there and I will be.

This and hoping for 3 pts

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
So just on the topic of attendance, any one worked out what the likely attendance will be on Saturday? Not that I'm bothered or anything........... :amex:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Really? Southampton V Norwich is £34 behind the goal.
Brighton V Hull is £30 including travel.

And St Marys is a dump.

Bit odd, £35 to sit equivalant of west stand lower at amex is what i saw!. And £30 to sit behind the goal at amex to watch championship match is a joke.
My mate has been to st mary's, said it was a nice place. A dump is withdean.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit odd, £35 to sit equivalant of west stand lower at amex is what i saw!. And £30 to sit behind the goal at amex to watch championship match is a joke.

Don't let us stop you going to St Mary's, but please change your username to something more appropriate. You don't seem to understand what forever means.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Does the ticket for St Mary's include transport and a padded seat!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here