Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we didn't get European football from here, would you be disappointed? (Pre Spurs)

If we didn't get European football from here, would you be disappointed?

• Yes, very.

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Slightly, was always going to be a strecth.

Votes: 123 43.3%
  • No, has been a great season.

Votes: 69 24.3%
  • Still too early to say.

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d be disappointed for the players and for you lot.

For me this is the greatest Albion season ever in every way, I’m happy with that.

Europe would be bonus, a landmark, I’m relaxed if it doesn’t come around this time.

My thought process doesn’t give rise to the recriminations and bitter disappointment you sometimes see. What will be.
Can I be the first to get in there with Get Rid. Dezerdby OUT!!!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can I be the first to get in there with Get Rid. Dezerdby OUT!!!!!
Should we miss out by a single point, I think the fall guys on the nsc dartboard will be:

a) Undav
b) Steele (“personally I always preferred Bob”.
c) Mac A (“his head’s just not been right since the WC”
d) The ref.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should we miss out by a single point, I think the fall guys on the nsc dartboard will be:

a) Undav
d) The ref.
For those who 'sit' in the North Stand, the demoralizing influence of the East and West libraries.
For those who sit in the East and West stands, the lack of proper singing in the North due to its embarrassingly small capacity ???

And we should of singed a proper 20 goal a season striker.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For those who 'sit' in the North Stand, the demoralizing influence of the East and West libraries.
For those who sit in the East and West stands, the lack of proper singing in the North due to its embarrassingly small capacity ???

And we should of singed a proper 20 goal a season striker.
:lolol:

Folk who leave early played their part. They never do that proper clubs like West Ham or Leeds.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

a) Undav
d) The ref.
Or alternatively....
b) Sanchez, for dropping two points at Palace.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If we loose to a Kane penalty Saturday that was very controversial and then miss out to Spurs by a couple of points I'll be livid.
If we miss out simply because other teams were better than us on the day, then very sad but happy knowing we did our best.
Personally, my passport is ready.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol:

Folk who leave early played their part. They never do that proper clubs like West Ham or Leeds.
With the chorus of "rush, rush, rush for the bus" ringing in their ears as they red-facedly scuttle out of the stadium.

Or not, in my case. I leave long before the sneaks start noticing the exodus and finger pointing.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
As for next season. I think only City, Arsenal and possibly Newcastle will be growing from a position of strength. Liverpool is a team of (Very good) players past their prime. They have got a lot of recruitment to do to be a major force next year. Some good youngsters but 8 players 30 or over including the spine of the team. They play a high energy style and even Milner isnt going to go on forever. Chelsea, undoubtedly have good players but a toxic atmosphere so wouldnt be the first team not to gel and achieve their potential. United are just a collection of horrible individuals with a few genuine players. They will undergo a rebuilding in the summer. Ten Haag will want his own type of players for sure. Im not quite sure how Spurs are above us at the moment but hopefully that will change before the end of the season. Son is not the player he was last year and Kane may be off in the summer if he feels he needs to get some silverware. Theyve also got to find manager that can get them playing and there just arent many around before you go back to the merry go round of Rodgers, Lampard, Gerrard, Moyes etc. I rate Emery as a coach so think that Villa will be around us next season if he is still there. As for us, keeping hold of Caicedo is key for me. A genuine, tenacious, defensive midfielder. May be replaceable with Alzate, Gilmour or Moder but we dont know for sure. Mac, however good he is, will be "easier" to replace with one of our youngsters. Mitoma would be a big miss as well but reports of Adringa being a similar beast are encouraging for a back up at least. So I hope to see consolidation of our position next year. Flirting with cup glory and European football of one type or another. All my own opinions of course.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

And we should have singed a proper 20 goal a season striker.
I have never sat in the north stand!

martin Perry told us we could stand and by jingo, by crickey we will stand!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If we loose to a Kane penalty Saturday that was very controversial and then miss out to Spurs by a couple of points I'll be livid.
If we miss out simply because other teams were better than us on the day, then very sad but happy knowing we did our best.
Personally, my passport is ready.

I think (hope) Kane will behave himself tomorrow after his snapped eyelash incident the other day.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Champions League is far more exciting than the other 2 competitions and the finances could keep the squad together longer than otherwise.
Burnley, West Ham and Leicester have seen their league form drop off a cliff when playing in the Europa league and Conference, maybe because of fixture congestion. That's my only concern.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Last time I was in the North Stand some old bat sat behind me told a bunch of us to sit down because she couldn't see.
Now, it then became apparent that this was more for the benefit of some poor sod in a wheelchair, and I felt bad about it. But there are definitely large parts of that stand where people sit down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With the chorus of "rush, rush, rush for the bus" ringing in their ears as they red-facedly scuttle out of the stadium.

Or not, in my case. I leave long before the sneaks start noticing the exodus and finger pointing.

When I’m bored by no-end-product DeZerbi-ball (far too often :(, he’s overrated), I glance up at WSU block H and spot you heading for an exit like clockwork with 20 minutes to go. Passing Harvey’s alcoholics who’ve just finished their extended HT liver marathons, staggering back to their seats.

It’s lucky you’ve never faced any vitriol from uber supporters.

You’re at bloody Cranbrook whilst they’re still queuing for buses and trains :wanker:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Burnley, West Ham and Leicester have seen their league form drop off a cliff when playing in the Europa league and Conference, maybe because of fixture congestion. That's my only concern.
Have they? I'm not sure about West Ham, but Burnley barely qualified in the first place and then just continued being fairly comfortable until they dropped down several years later.
As far as I know Leicester have been trying to balance the books for the last couple of seasons and in the absence of Bloom-esque genius they've turned to shit.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If we don’t get European football this season then I suspect Tony is going to have to show down serious commitment to RDZ in the transfer market if he’s going to hang around and similar for our better players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*cough* inverted commas *cough*.

If you were a stand up comic and I were you're gag-writer, you'd sack me, wouldn't you? ???

:wink:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, not disappointed, although I do think this could be our best shot. Then again, I thought we would be buggered when Potter et al left, so what do I know? If not this season, maybe we're 'in a place' where we can do even better next season...imagine that!
I'm incredibly happy with what we're doing - right now - and if we do make it, brilliant, if not, it's still the most amazing time to be a Brighton fan. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here