Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we didn't get European football from here, would you be disappointed? (Pre Spurs)

If we didn't get European football from here, would you be disappointed?

• Yes, very.

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Slightly, was always going to be a strecth.

Votes: 123 43.3%
  • No, has been a great season.

Votes: 69 24.3%
  • Still too early to say.

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
After this weeks results, I said to a mate I would be disappointed, even if it's only the Conference League, to not get into Europe from here.

Who agrees? Anyone still happy with 8th?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. 8th is still fantastic and progression but being in a European place for a lot of the season and not getting it would hurt to be honest. That said, I think we’ll be better next season, even if we offload a few superstars like we did in 2022 (Burn, Bissouma, Cucurella-PoTS & Trossard-top scorer).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yes. It is a great achievement to do as well as we have this season regardless and I certainly didn’t expect us to do this well straight away when Potter left, but it would be disappointing not to get Europa League from this point. Conference League would be fun but ultimately wouldn’t give us much in terms of pulling/retaining power or financially.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted 'slightly', but I think that's me just consciously trying to keep my hopes in check!
Sufficient unto the day, I'll just be very disappointed if we don't take three points off Spurs (and I can honestly say I've never felt that way about a trip away to Spurs before!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am hoping for top 4 but whatever happens I have never been so slack jawed watching some of our play. If we miss out you will not hear me moaning, unless we implode. Halcyon days

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes and no. From our current position I would be disappointed, but that would soon be tempered by reminding myself what a bloody marvellous season it has/will have been anyway.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not at all. I want to finish as high as possible but have no interest in European football.
You may not but from a club perspective it’s the only way we can protect our assets/climb the ‘club reputation’ scale

So I’d suggest if you like players like Caicedo/Mac/Mitoma etc playing for us you should definitely have some interest in European football.

RDZ would be disappointed not to get European football, and so that’s the mentality we should have, look at the players, I know it’s weird as Brighton fans to say it but with the starting XI we have we really should be competing for European spots.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Given the teams around us and the games we have left im not looking at it as if European football is likely. There's a chance, but I wouldnt say it is likely. So no I wont be disappointed, still a great season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would be bitterly disappointed. I've followed this club for four decades and we've been shit for most of that time. These are the days that make it all worthwhile. Our squad is basically as good as some of the biggest clubs in the country. This is our time.

Fourth is a stretch, but top six or even better, a cup win, would just be fantastic. And can you imagine turning over clubs like Roma, Feyenoord, Seville, Dortmund or Celtic? That's where we could be this time next year? It might then never happen again.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You may not but from a club perspective it’s the only way we can protect our assets/climb the ‘club reputation’ scale

So I’d suggest if you like players like Caicedo/Mac/Mitoma etc playing for us you should definitely have some interest in European football.

RDZ would be disappointed not to get European football, and so that’s the mentality we should have, look at the players, I know it’s weird as Brighton fans to say it but with the starting XI we have we really should be competing for European spots.
Well, happily for you and them my desire to finish as high as possible, whichever league we are in, comes this season with a possible by-product of European football. The question was though would we be disappointed not getting it and I wouldn’t.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I wouldnt be disappointed for me, but would feel for RDZ and TB. TB because it would make it easier for him to keep the players we need. For RDZ, I hope it would spur him on to achieve even better results next season. You have to remember he came in 6 games after the start,without a pre season and with the players playing the Potter model. I think that this is only the beginning and that we can play DeZerbi ball better next season. Im excited.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It would be disappointing as much because RDZ and the players have been open that’s it’s their ambition. So if we don’t do it they have failed to achieve what they have set themselves and that would be disappointing for the morale of the whole club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not at all. I want to finish as high as possible but have no interest in European football.
I think you may have taken your disdain for the EU too far on this occasion :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes it would be great I would rather watch late summer pre season games that mean something rather than dull friendly training exercises. Doubt we will get top four although why not for the Europa league two games in hand won so far 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here