Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "if they don't close that stadium someone will get killed there."

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There seems to be some kind of invisible force field keeping the two groups apart?

I mean, that line of part time, 21 year-old stewards from The University of East London couldn't possibly be keeping our countries' TOP BOYS from getting to each other.... could they?
This is modern day football hooligans....Can't fight and wave their arms and throw bottles and coins:lolol:

You're right as those hundreds of meat heads surely could've broke through....they didn't because they're pussys it's that simple.
In the 70's and 80's fans actually wanted a fight and would fight....Christ it's embarrassing at times!!!:facepalm:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Why don't they stick a bit of the Anti Neanderthal netting up , it has a incredible power of stopping rampaging yoofs

I was listening to Final Score after and when that Wet Spam fan made that quote, I thought that's a massive overreaction. Someone could lose the sight in an eye with a coin for life at worse. And it wouldn't be a thug. Oh no, it would be someone's child who was trying to get out of the way. Making season tickets and cup matches dirt cheap brings in the cowardly scum.

They are not dirt cheap just the price they should be:rolleyes: Cost was never a problem for the hoolie element:moo:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also you'd think the police would have been deployed before now in the ground wouldn't you? They haven't been until last night because the radio system emergency services use to communicate will not be operational until 2017. When you consider that I'm not sure how it got a safety certificate.

This is modern day football hooligans....Can't fight and wave their arms and throw bottles and coins:lolol:

You're right as those hundreds of meat heads surely could've broke through....they didn't because they're pussys it's that simple.
In the 70's and 80's fans actually wanted a fight and would fight....Christ it's embarrassing at times!!!:facepalm:

tbf when mobs were up to 500 strong it didn't require all to fight,today too many hoolies filming on phones for a proper dust up!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It just further exposes the monstrous vanity project that Olympic Stadium was in the first place. Despite all the talk of “legacy” at the time, there was absolutely NO tangible plan put in place about what the frig to do with that stadium once the 2 weeks running and jumping contest was finished. Coe and the IOC insisted that the athletics track had to remain in place, steadfastly ignoring the fact the three men and a dog turn up to watch athletics (see the Don Valley stadium closure – 25k capacity), and a stadium that size, with the associated running costs, would never be viable just for athletics.

£486m to build the thing, then another £272m to convert it into an inadequate football stadium where something as simple as a radio system isn't even in place. Unreal. They had a blueprint of how it COULD have been a successful and beneficial project for all parties just up the road in Manchester, where a plan was put in place for Man City to move into the City of Manchester stadium after the Commonwealth games. That’s a proper stadium designed with football in mind post-games. In contrast, the London Stadium in football terms is a joke, and I would be absolutely GUTTED if I was a West Ham fan losing Upton Park and having to go and watch my team play in that awful soulless bowl a mile from the pitch.

Shambles.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

To be fair, this stuff is embarrassing all the time. Bleedin' grown men acting like children.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It's West Ham, it's Chelsea - why on earth is anyone surprised ? All clubs have their thugs but West Ham and Chelsea abuse that privilege

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why don't they stick a bit of the Anti Neanderthal netting up , it has a incredible power of stopping rampaging yoofs

Oh, they already have that.

Didn't stop Heston Blumenthal just wandering over it.

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 09.18.41.png

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This.

Try explaining segregation to an NBA/NHL/NFL fan in the US and they'd give yo an incredulous look.

Worst I saw was about three Penguins fans giving it large at MSG and getting a load of semi- friendly abuse from Rangers fans.

Sadly there are still too many people going to games who see it as a tribal thing rather than just a game.

But comments about a return to the 70s? Do me a favour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh? I'm no defender of the violence but you can't pretend it doesn't happen in US sport! I've seen fighting at a hockey game (not just on the ice!) and it doesn't take an intensive search to find a video or 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgI3aKykvUQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxQ71rhOkQ

for instance....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh, they already have that.
A Chelsea fan gets past the police line and walks over to West Ham fans...

...but stops before he or anyone else could get hurt.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Also you'd think the police would have been deployed before now in the ground wouldn't you? They haven't been until last night because the radio system emergency services use to communicate will not be operational until 2017. When you consider that I'm not sure how it got a safety certificate.

Why should the police have to be used inside a football stadium? How pathetic can individuals be that an away supporter coming into their stadium to support their team would fill them with rage to the point of needing police intervention. Such a poor reflection of a club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here