chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good point because by all accounts Wembley was a huge success
That went wrong for other reasons . There's nothing to stop people breaking into the Amex is there now. Definitely easier to break into than Wembley

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still don't understand why you need to show ID? You didn't need to when going to Wembley to watch the euros? This is the club's choice.

At present if the government says ‘jump’ the clubs reply ‘how high’ as they are desperate to be allowed full attendance ASAP. Therefore being seen to apply Covid protocols is essential as otherwise those in power, with no interest in the game, will simply impose restricted/zero capacity crowds and blame football/the fans/EU/global warming etc for the restrictions.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I mean I can go online now and register a barcode against any name I want and report whatever result I want. So kind of makes the need for ID a tad pointless.

So you keep saying. Hopefully most people have a slightly more developed sense of social responsibility and will try to play their part. But yes, sadly there will always be selfish ***** with no regard for anyone but themselves. The rest of us just have to carry on in spite of them.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can't wait for our Palace chums to turn up and have to go through all these checks ! Absolute scenes !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
At present if the government says ‘jump’ the clubs reply ‘how high’ as they are desperate to be allowed full attendance ASAP. Therefore being seen to apply Covid protocols is essential as otherwise those in power, with no interest in the game, will simply impose restricted/zero capacity crowds and blame football/the fans/EU/global warming etc for the restrictions.
Makes sense. Shame it's come to this though. Slippery slope.

On a side note I'm stunned NYC are implementing a covid vaccine passport only initiative for indoor public gatherings.

Maybe this will come into force in the UK after all.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't wait for our Palace chums to turn up and have to go through all these checks ! Absolute scenes !
They're gonna have to double stewards hourly rate for starters. This is gonna be the worst job in the country !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I mean I can go online now and register a barcode against any name I want and report whatever result I want. So kind of makes the need for ID a tad pointless.

Why are people constantly looking at ways of jibbing the system ? By correlating your ticket details with photo ID it proves you are the actual ticketholder.

If you are a covid-riddled MESS then there's probably a way of screen-grabbing an NHS barcode that isn't yours, or falsifying an LFT result. But can we just not be dickheads about this ?

BHAFC didn't invent COVID, and I'm sure life would be much easier for them and us if they just ignored all protocols and just waved everyone in. They're just doing the best out of a shit situation. If some people can't be arsed, well then see ya.

I'm prepared to jump through some hoops, because I haven't seen my team since the shit sandwich I had to eat against the scum last Feb.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Makes sense. Shame it's come to this though. Slippery slope.

On a side note I'm stunned NYC are implementing a covid vaccine passport only initiative for indoor public gatherings.

Maybe this will come into force in the UK after all.

Surely not..after all it’s merely a conspiracy theory

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why are people constantly looking at ways of jibbing the system ? By correlating your ticket details with photo ID it proves you are the actual ticketholder.

If you are a covid-riddled MESS then there's probably a way of screen-grabbing an NHS barcode that isn't yours, or falsifying an LFT result. But can we just not be dickheads about this ?.

All of this. Probably the same people who drink drive because nobody else matters except them. Until it goes tits up and they end up wrapped round a tree. Then they’re suddenly quite keen on the concept of everybody pulling together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Temporary measure until your Covid pass is directly linked to your season ticket I reckon (after the Government insist on two jabs for entry to sporting events)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IF the Govt bring this in from 1 Oct then I wonder how many people won't be able to go?

Club not even sold all their ST for this year.

I've not been jabbed due to personal reasons (don't give a sh1t about your thoughts on that) and my daughter who I go with has recently given birth to my grandson, so she's been pregnant and now breastfeeding him so she's been categorically told not to get the jabs.

Can see it not being implemented and a continuation of the sh1t show handling.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
IF the Govt bring this in from 1 Oct then I wonder how many people won't be able to go?

Club not even sold all their ST for this year.

I've not been jabbed due to personal reasons (don't give a sh1t about your thoughts on that) and my daughter who I go with has recently given birth to my grandson, so she's been pregnant and now breastfeeding him so she's been categorically told not to get the jabs.

Can see it not being implemented and a continuation of the sh1t show handling.

Nobody knows how many won't be able to go - but there will be hundreds upon hundreds of thousand more who suddenly can.

If people can't go through personal choice then that is entirely their decision. If people can't go for medical reasons then that makes perfect sense and will apply to many things other than just a football match.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
So you keep saying. Hopefully most people have a slightly more developed sense of social responsibility and will try to play their part. But yes, sadly there will always be selfish ***** with no regard for anyone but themselves. The rest of us just have to carry on in spite of them.

Thing is, if I'm being responsible then I will report my covid status accurately so there is no need for a photo ID. And if I'm being irresponsible then I will fake my covid status and the photo ID will just corroborate the faked information. So it doesn't seem that the photo ID is useful in the cases of either the responsible or irresponsible people.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Will we need our vaccine passports to get on the full trains at Brighton? Asking for someone who will get on the trains, but won’t go to the games.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thing is, if I'm being responsible then I will report my covid status accurately so there is no need for a photo ID. And if I'm being irresponsible then I will fake my covid status and the photo ID will just corroborate the faked information. So it doesn't seem that the photo ID is useful in the cases of either the responsible or irresponsible people.

Will it? Won't it? I don't know anymore - I'm completely lost now.

If I was Paul Barber I'd just say, "**** it, this is too much like hard work. Tell Tony we're going to sell a few more more players, carry on behind closed doors and run the club off the TV money."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here