Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thing is, if I'm being responsible then I will report my covid status accurately so there is no need for a photo ID. And if I'm being irresponsible then I will fake my covid status and the photo ID will just corroborate the faked information. So it doesn't seem that the photo ID is useful in the cases of either the responsible or irresponsible people.

I think the overriding point is that the vast (VAST) majority of people attending aren't going to be there jibbing the system. Is it still possible ? Yes. Nothing is entirely foolproof.

If you are not a dickhead though, then you can return to the Amex without any of the ADDITIONAL tricky hoops of trying to trick your way through the system. So the photo ID is useful, in that it will filter out the vast majority of pricks who would descend on the Amex if it was just basically a free-for-all with no checks.

I don't really understand what else you want the club to do. Other than just throw the doors open, with no checks whatsoever ? In which case - that would probably put me off going.

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
I asked Whats acceptable id amd clearly no one knows. Plenty on here quick to shoot the messenger but few have answers. We know its required for over 12 year olds but what type of id? If say your 13 year old hasnt a passport (millions dont) and no bus pass what can be used? Birth certificate?

Surely club must know and will brief stewards.

What happens if soneone hasnt id?

These are sensible questions that others will encounter.

Im.amazed club havent made this crystal clear. And before you reply saying phone the club have a think is it really a good idea all 30000 plus do that?

Ah yes its me or "him again". For the educated here Im Jay. But dont let that stop you taking cheap shot insults.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the overriding point is that the vast (VAST) majority of people attending aren't going to be there jibbing the system. Is it still possible ? Yes. Nothing is entirely foolproof.

If you are not a dickhead though, then you can return to the Amex without any of the ADDITIONAL tricky hoops of trying to trick your way through the system. So the photo ID is useful, in that it will filter out the vast majority of pricks who would descend on the Amex if it was just basically a free-for-all with no checks.

I don't really understand what else you want the club to do. Other than just throw the doors open, with no checks whatsoever ? In which case - that would probably put me off going.

Absolutely this. 90% of people being vaccinated will mean we can manage the virus generally. Similarly, 90% (it’ll be more the vast majority are compliant) of people following the (simple) rules and not trying to get round them means matches can operate safely with full grounds.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I asked Whats acceptable id amd clearly no one knows. Plenty on here quick to shoot the messenger but few have answers. We know its required for over 12 year olds but what type of id? If say your 13 year old hasnt a passport (millions dont) and no bus pass what can be used? Birth certificate?

Im.amazed club havent made this crystal clear.

This is only my interpretation but I imagine acceptable ID would be something oficially issued that has the holder's photograph on it. So (for example) a current passport or photo-card style driver's licence or bus / rail pass. I don't believe a bith certificate would be acceptable as they don't include a photograph.

Also, it quite clearly says in the comms from the club on this thread that no ID means no admission. Have you read it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Im.amazed club havent made this crystal clear. And before you reply saying phone the club have a think is it really a good idea all 30000 plus do that?

Ah yes its me or "him again". For the educated here Im Jay. But dont let that stop you taking cheap shot insults. Some ppl on here need to grow up.

Have you looked at the clubs statement issued today? It doesn’t say anything about ID for 12 year olds…but 18 plus

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017

My point was that regardless of if the person is trying to deceive the stewards or not, the photo ID is pretty much worthless when a dishonest person can scan the QR code on an unused lateral flow test and show a negative result without even bothering to test themselves. Proving they are who they say there are by showing a photo ID doesn't do anything to catch out a dishonest person in that situation, so is doing nothing to protect everyone else.

Do I have some wonderful idea for a better system? Nope, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree that the current system is any use at all in stopping people with covid from entering the stadium.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Will we need our vaccine passports to get on the full trains at Brighton? Asking for someone who will get on the trains, but won’t go to the games.

I'd like to thank you for raising this question.

I've had a shit day with work etc., and reading your amusingly crap attempts at reductio ad absurdum gives me no end of joy.

It's like the Portsmouth Sinfonia without the self awareness or underlying musical ability :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My point was that regardless of if the person is trying to deceive the stewards or not, the photo ID is pretty much worthless when a dishonest person can scan the QR code on an unused lateral flow test and show a negative result without even bothering to test themselves. Proving they are who they say there are by showing a photo ID doesn't do anything to catch out a dishonest person in that situation, so is doing nothing to protect everyone else.

Do I have some wonderful idea for a better system? Nope, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree that the current system is any use at all in stopping people with covid from entering the stadium.

Putting aside the COVID proof of being double-jabbed, or having a negative LFT though - if your e-ticket on your phone does not correspond with your photo ID, then you're not even getting to the turnstile. You won't get past the perimeter checks set up around the outdoor concourse of the stadium.

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...or-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season?s=09

Appears photo id for over 18s only. Not kids. I ask again whats acceptable photo id? A friend who doesnt use computers asked me. He has never driven never travelled abroad. Last saw BHA game at Goldstone. Has no bus pass as he walks everywhere. I said ive no idea and club statement doesnt say. He isnt a youngster so no NUS or young person card. Never been on a train in his life no railcard. How us he supposed to show id?

No mention of one way systems thankfully.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...or-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season?s=09

Appears photo id for over 18s only. Not kids. I ask again whats acceptable photo id? A friend who doesnt use computers asked me. He has never driven never travelled abroad. Last saw BHA game at Goldstone. Has no bus pass as he walks everywhere. I said ive no idea and club statement doesnt say. He isnt a youngster so no NUS or young person card. Never been on a train in his life no railcard. How us he supposed to show id?

So your "friend" has never driven, doesn't use buses, has never been on a train and has never travelled abroad. He also doesn't have a computer.

He last saw Albion at the Goldstone Ground but now, 24 years (or more) later, he suddenly wakes up from his coma (or emerges from the cave he has been hibernating in) and decides he suddenly wants to go and watch the Albion again.

Can we guess who your friend is?

I'm thinking it could be Rip Van Winkle, or maybe Sleeping Beauty. Did either of those support the Albion? Not sure.

I really am intrigued and have lots of questions: what's the furthest your friend has ever walked in one day? Do they always return home, or do they ever make multi-day trips? How many pairs of shoes do they get through in a typical year?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Is your "friend" Kung-Fu ?

F*cking hell.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

So how does your 'friend', who doesn't use computers, even know about the attempts by BHA to comply with anticipated new Government rules? Did he walk to the club shop to ask someone today (of all days), just in case BHA had suddenly decided to issue advice on their website, and in case he suddenly decided he would like to walk to Falmer to watch a team that he hasn't seen play live since the days of the Goldstone?

Too silly for words - give it up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll have a pint of what Jay has been drinking please.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Putting aside the COVID proof of being double-jabbed, or having a negative LFT though - if your e-ticket on your phone does not correspond with your photo ID, then you're not even getting to the turnstile. You won't get past the perimeter checks set up around the outdoor concourse of the stadium.

I think your ID needs to match your COVID pass at the stadium perimeter. E tickets are for the turnstiles.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Contact the club on his behalf; they are generally very helpful and offer pragmatic solutions. However I wouldn't blame them for not being overly bothered about the problems of some bloke that hasn't been to a football match in over 24 years and doesn't actually exist.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Tell him to take mirror. You look in it and say yes, that's me.!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good grief ! You and your non Albion supporting, Luddite, hermit ‘friend’ need to sort out your own problems then either go to the match or not. It really isn’t important either way.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Why would your make believe friend care?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ah yes its me or "him again". For the educated here Im Jay. But dont let that stop you taking cheap shot insults.

After reading the post below you leave yourself wide open. :mad:

I want to know why your “friend” hasn’t watched an Albion game since the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here