Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This. Could not be more simple.

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't TBH. If PL football restarts with no checks and cases spikes then Boris could blame football even if it was actually down to the relaxation of border controls which will kick in around the same time. But far easier to blame prole football than business travel when you're a Tory and we'll be back to 50% or less capacity games and lotteries to see if you get in. Far better to trial this now, iron out the kinks, keep the majority of fans safe and keep out the worst 1% or so of conspiracy theorists and mask refusers. If it goes wrong we're essentially following what will be policy post October and it's hard for football to be blamed.

If you want to go to the football this season and you're over 18 then get vaccinated, It's that simple. As a bonus you're far less likely to get Covid and far, far less likely to die from it. Win / win.

If you really are a Brighton fan then also back the club who are in an almost impossible position and working round the clock so you can have two hours on the piss on a Saturday.

This.

FFS :shrug:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Can’t understand the uproar in this announcement. The only people that should be dissatisfied are those that have paid for a ST and not double jabbed. Specific to ID’s most people probably had these in their wallet the last time we were at full capacity. You might need to flash it at someone. That’s all.

Things may operate slowly but without these policies we wouldn’t be going to the Amex and we’d be stuck at home or in a pub watching on TV. Let’s be thankful.

Don’t even need the double jab yet. The club will accept a negative lateral flow test via the NHS app.

ID is, honestly, annoying just to confirm I haven’t logged someone into my NHS account on a different phone, but it’s no more than an annoyance.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It seems club has to go down this route. Just hope we dont find we are far over the top compared with other clubs

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When I downloaded the app, it only took a short while to set up. Used my NHS numberm then had to take a picture of my passport and a short video reciting a code number to confirm ID (the app takes the photo and records the video). It then says it will notify when it has verified your id/if it requires any further evidence. It took a few minutes to process my ID check.

Strange, didn't have to do any of that. Can't recall details in addition to NHS number but no photos or videos required.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Very simple…don’t read my posts if you are so worried about them.

This is not real life…this is a chat board!

PS. Golf going well thanks..down to single figure HC now.

Maybe I am a miserable sod, but after 43 years of following albion up and down the leagues, country, Europe etc etc..nothing excites me about what is happening with the club anymore. Yes it’s great for the youngsters watching us against the super rich teams and getting the odd win or draw here and there to keep us in this circus, it’s a nice stadium, if a pain in the arse to get to and away from, especially queuing in the rain to get on a P_R bus, and yes having to go through hoops to give your ST to a family member is a ball ache!

Anyway hope you enjoy the season coming. I have no malice in my posts

No problem. I wish you the same.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Strange, didn't have to do any of that. Can't recall details in addition to NHS number but no photos or videos required.

I would be inclined to check this. First you have to take a photo of your passport or something like that, then you are sent a code which you video yourself saying the code. We all had to do this and we got an email saying that the photo used, the passport one, and the video was acceptable.

That then authorises the app COVID passport……..

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I would be inclined to check this. First you have to take a photo of your passport or something like that, then you are sent a code which you video yourself saying the code. We all had to do this and we got an email saying that the photo used, the passport one, and the video was acceptable.

That then authorises the app COVID passport……..

No ID is required for a domestic covid pass on the NHS app.

You only need to provide ID if you're requesting a covid pass for international travel.

The pass will only begin to be available on the app two weeks after the second jab.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

You only need to provide ID if you're requesting a covid pass for international travel.

The pass will only begin to be available on the app two weeks after the second jab.

This. When I done it there was an option to confirm id if requiring it for travel. Domestic covid pass was a simple process

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't understand why the club has rushed this through just four days before a game.

I have been doubled jabbed but can't prove it yet. I have applied for the NHS paper passport thingy but that won't appear for five working days - next week.
I can't get the app or online pass as I don't have a working phone at the moment, my only option is to go for the lateral flow test at the end of this week.

If they are going to bring something like this in - at least give us fighting chance of complying with the bureaucracy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very simple…don’t read my posts if you are so worried about them.

This is not real life…this is a chat board!

PS. Golf going well thanks..down to single figure HC now.

Maybe I am a miserable sod, but after 43 years of following albion up and down the leagues, country, Europe etc etc..nothing excites me about what is happening with the club anymore. Yes it’s great for the youngsters watching us against the super rich teams and getting the odd win or draw here and there to keep us in this circus, it’s a nice stadium, if a pain in the arse to get to and away from, especially queuing in the rain to get on a P_R bus, and yes having to go through hoops to give your ST to a family member is a ball ache!

Anyway hope you enjoy the season coming. I have no malice in my posts

I can certainly understand how an eternity of finishing circa 16th on circa 40 points until we inevitably go down one season, whilst celebrating the odd win again teams in our own division because they are so huge, massive and worldwide isn't exactly earth shattering. It's exactly that purgatory I can't stand about the PL.

But rain in a P&R queue or rain all game long, sitting soaked in a temporary stand and on the journey there and back? Two minutes of checks looking at your driving licence or a two hour drive to Gillingham for a "home" game? Photo ID and a smart phone ticket or physical body searches by Plod on the turnstile and being filmed by Beardo and Binnsy every time you arrived at or left the ground?

We've never really been free. Our old grounds were great on the big occasion but shite 80% of the time.

And the current shambles is not down to the club or EPL in any way. Blame appalling and lax Wet Market conditions in China. Blame international travel, Blame Trump. Blame face saving. Blame all of us for shitting up the planet. Blame Johnson for being utterly useless and The Sun for getting him elected because "Brexit". Blame anti vaxxers. But this isn't Bloom and Barber's mess. They're doing more than their best.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

That is interesting as we didn’t get the option…that was all we had to do.

Cheers

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That’s me chucking my season ‘ticket’ in then :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Odd. Perhaps they have added a simple process for those that just want a the vaccine record/covid passport thing rather than the full function? Or perhaps your NHS digital account had previously been verified?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The whole bl**dy world has gone over the top. Non smart-phone owners are the new underclass.

I suspect smartphone option was decided on statistics of sales so hardly inferring they are new underclass.

I don't think going over the top equates to trying to protect people from a proven deadly disease

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here