Ian Holloway

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Ian holloway interview after winning play off final

Ian holloways interview after Blackpool winning the play off final was superb,a true genuine bloke who really told it how it is.

Anyone else see it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ledge, seemed lost for words at the end of the game which I don't think has ever happened to him!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yeah, loved it. Although he moaned about the premier league just being about money, I am sure he won't be turning his nose up to the £90 mill they will pocket :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
be good to bounce the old threads on here where the majority hated the thought of getting him.

Quality bloke

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Top bloke, he will be quality next season for his post match interviews, the Premiership needs more like him.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He is on R5 at the moment, if he wasn't a football manager I would pay to see him appear as a stand-up comedian...some brilliant comments.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've always had a great deal of time for the guy & it's great to see he's getting the respect he deserves for his managerial nous* - as well as his witty asides. A real character in a game increasingly inhabited by management clichés & psycho-babble, so here's to him doin' the do in the Premiershite next year. :clap:

Edit: *apart from the know-it-all who posted just before me.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Tremendous respect for a man who's done so much for the Albion.

After all, didn't he sell as Zamora & Michel?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My, what a wonderfully well thought out response.

All you lot labelling him a great manager, I presume you were doing the same when he took Leicester down and going nowhere at Plymouth? No, thought not. Winning the play-offs doesn't make someone a great manager, it means they've had a good season.

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just goes to show though that with a few shrewd acquisitions and an overall work ethic there is a chance for the likes of Blackpool / Burnley (and hopefully us one day) to make the Promised land. Money isn't everything in the Championship but unfortunately it is when you make that jump up to the Prem. Good luck to Blackpool - it was a good game to watch and they deserve their chance next season.

Lets hope this could be us in a few years ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bet his chicken coops have gone up in value

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports