Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
All you lot labelling him a great manager, I presume you were doing the same when he took Leicester down and going nowhere at Plymouth? No, thought not. Winning the play-offs doesn't make someone a great manager, it means they've had a good season.

A good season with mostly the same players from the year before, and also a season where Blackpool where pre-season relegation favourites? Personally, I think what he acheived should get him manager of the year but then I've always liked him so I'm probably biased :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
My, what a wonderfully well thought out response.

All you lot labelling him a great manager, I presume you were doing the same when he took Leicester down and going nowhere at Plymouth? No, thought not. Winning the play-offs doesn't make someone a great manager, it means they've had a good season.

i LOVE this quote purely for the irony of it with your micky adams worship!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Was a hero at Rovers during his spell. They still love him down there

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have to agree with ,Complete on this and i would suppose when you think about it I/H would himself. He is not shy of the truth and has had a good season. Along with Warnock always good news copy. Good luck to Blackpool and I.H.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Won`t be surprised if Charlie Adam ends up at a bigger club before the start of the season.If someone offers good money it will be difficult for them to turn down.
Equally the right back`s on loan from Everton and he is real quality, they will miss him.
Its going to be very interesting to see what sort of players they can attract cos with that Baptiste at centre half it could be a long old season for them.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I wanted him as manager when Adams left second time around but we ended up with Slade. Quality guy and manager and always provides entertaining football (and chat).

Stumpy Tim

I agree with TCB on this one. He's a hit & miss manager, and obviously he's a hit this time. He could just as easily been shit for us. Nice guy though, and fully deserves his triumph.

The Premier League strugglers will be loving it. That's one relegation place NAILED on

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
funny really, nobody on here wanted him when Adams was sacked.

fickle idiots

edit: just seen that bounced thread. think it says it all

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
funny really, nobody on here wanted him when Adams was sacked.

fickle idiots

edit: just seen that bounced thread. think it says it all

I'd have loved him!

But yeh I agree. We managed to pull off an absolute coup in Poyet but in general nearly every decent manager linked with us is slated on here.

Many were moaning at the thought of having Pardew, Boothroyd, Holloway, Cotterill, Wilson. When realistically all of them have decent enough track records and would have been good appointments.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd have loved him!

But yeh I agree. We managed to pull off an absolute coup in Poyet but in general nearly every decent manager linked with us is slated on here.

Many were moaning at the thought of having Pardew, Boothroyd, Holloway, Cotterill, Wilson. When realistically all of them have decent enough track records and would have been good appointments.

Which is why I HATE it when the HAND WRINGERS, after sacking a manager say, "oh but who will replace him"

Sorry but there is your answer. Plenty of candidates.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It is very difficult to judge a manager because we never know the whole story behind the scenes. All great managers have had bad spells at clubs because of a) the conditions b) problems with the players c) problems with the board. Somtimes the faces just don't match.

So, although what Holloway has done is unbelievable it doesn' t prove him a great manager... if he can follow it up by keeping them in the Prem then THAT will be amazing. Consistency is the sign of a great manager.
Don't get me wrong... Holloway has shown potential and I have a soft spot for him but I remember watching a programme about the Balckpool owner (Latvian) a couple of years ago and thought that this club would really get behind their manager... they looked a club on the move.

As a person I have a lot of respect for Ian... wish him well.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Interviewed on 606 last night, he said; "Individually they might have had the edge, but collectively they couldn't break us"
This is just the sort of philosophy that we need to develop again.
Blackpool have played with a team made up of 7 free transfers and 4 loanees this season.
A club can have great success when the players, manager, chairman and supporters all respect and support each other. Lets hope that it happens for us again soon eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here