Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I went to Gus' press conference this morning

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can we also ban people for posting shitty rumors about who we might sign?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No mate. Not this time. Put it this way probably the only MOD with enough balls (apols to Edna) to actually do smething about his trolling.
I actually consider that HKFC sometimes abuses his position to post confrontational, pompous, condecending, ill-informed, unsubstantiated and even downright laughable opinions on here,... who do I complain to, who is POLICING THE POLICE?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Should there be a poll? Or would that only lead to HB+B's computer screen becoming even more festooned with his own watery man product at getting all this attention?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It certainly is. Smashing stuff.

(I can't believe the odd quality poster like [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] is piling in to defend hb&b. The man is a total bum-hat and had this coming)

Bum-hat is a cracking insult. I'm going to start using that one.

It certainly is. Smashing stuff.

(I can't believe the odd quality poster like [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] is piling in to defend hb&b. The man is a total bum-hat and had this coming)

I just don't find Timmy offensive or annoying Simster, what I do find annoying is a mod carrying out personal vendettas because he can.

But hey ho, I can always ignore him, not officially of course, I've tried that and you're not allowed to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As an NB, if you really thougth he should be banned you should have banned him and put it onto Moderating decisions, not make a big song and dance about it on a thread so you can look good. But I guess then you wouldn't get the attention that you accuse HB&B of seeking. You didn't look good.

In all honesty Nibble, I had no intention of banning him - I didn't imagine I'd need to. I assumed that in response to the first warning, he would either apologise for the attention seeking drivel, or alternatively actually share some of what he'd learned at the press conference, to make his thread worthwhile. He did neither, so he got the short ban.

And as with all bans, it is listed on Moderating Decisions - in this case within a few minutes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bum-hat is a cracking insult. I'm going to start using that one.
*tips hat*

Back to the main business of the thread and lovely to see [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] back in an attempt to have the last word just five mintes after promising to leave HKFC to his mod-induced binfest. :lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm not going to lose any sleep over HB and B being banned but it doesn't seem right to ban someone just for being irritating. Isn't that what the ignore button's for? And half the fun of NSC is the random nonsense that we all post on here, including starting new threads about poo/DIY/holidays etc etc. I'll read any old shite, doesn't need to be interesting or informative - sometimes its very randomness can be the attraction.

(For what it's worth, I've always found HB and B's irrepressible bumptiousness quite amusing.)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I respect that it must bore you to tears and probably others here. I guess, in my mind, I put HB&B's threads as minor journalist at an official BHAFC press conference, and making it out Poyet was confiding in him, in the same category as Ernest's SAUCE posts or the threads bhadebenhams used to make lusting after Dean Wilkins. The repetitiveness and you-know-what-to-expect nature of the posts are part of their joke, intended or otherwise. I'm surprised people allow themselves to get so worked up about them. I suppose everyone's different.

Ernest and his posts are to me a good giggle, some other posters such as HB&B are self indulgent to the point of cringe, to me and I'm sure many others this board in the past year has become a much poorer and less "fun" place to post within.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh well. It's done now I suppose, just felt bad for the guy. Blimey, this is 2 binfests in as many days for Nibble. Think I'll go for a stroll.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I actually consider that HKFC sometimes abuses his position to post confrontational, pompous, condecending, ill-informed, unsubstantiated and even downright laughable opinions on here,... who do I complain to, who is POLICING THE POLICE?

Sting?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just don't find Timmy offensive or annoying Simster, what I do find annoying is a mod carrying out personal vendettas because he can.

But hey ho, I can always ignore him, not officially of course, I've tried that and you're not allowed to.
I find hb&b a bit moronic but his feeble "look at me" posts don't really grate with me either, yet I'd still have to say I can understand WHY he is banned. Simply put, it is dull and repetitive and irritates plenty of NSC's users.

Equally, I don't care sufficiently but there are plenty of other repetitive bores on here who really ought to have no complaints if they are booted out for a few days. And lets be clear about this, we are ONLY talking seven days. I can't believe so many have got their kickers in a twist over this issue. He'll be back next week FFS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I can't argue too much with this (apart from the suggestion that posting my opinions represents an ABUSE - remember that all the mods are POSTERS first, and mods second). I am definitely confrontational and condescending, and occasionally pompous. I don't actually post stuff that's ill-informed or unsubstantiated though.

As for the complaining - you can report a mod's posts, just as you can any other. Fire away, if anything offends you.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I'm not going to lose any sleep over HB and B being banned but it doesn't seem right to ban someone just for being irritating. Isn't that what the ignore button's for? And half the fun of NSC is the random nonsense that we all post on here, including starting new threads about poo/DIY/holidays etc etc. I'll read any old shite, doesn't need to be interesting or informative - sometimes its very randomness can be the attraction.

(For what it's worth, I've always found HB and B's irrepressible bumptiousness quite amusing.)

For what its worth (which isn't a lot), this.

I find hb&b a bit moronic but his feeble "look at me" posts don't really grate with me either, yet I'd still have to say I can understand WHY he is banned. Simply put, it is dull and repetitive and irritates plenty of NSC's users.

Equally, I don't care sufficiently but there are plenty of other repetitive bores on here who really ought to have no complaints if they are booted out for a few days. And lets be clear about this, we are ONLY talking seven days. I can't believe so many have got their kickers in a twist over this issue. He'll be back next week FFS.

Fair enough Sim, it's only 7 days.

But I'm sitting at home bored with the plague and needed something to entertain me.

p.s. and totaly unrelated, Pakistan have a batsman called JAMSHED which is quality, if I was to have more kids, which I won't, JAMSHED would be somehow shoehorned into their name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here