Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know its only been 3 or 4 games, but what is your impression so far of Ulloa

Jimmy Grimble

Reasonably pleased so far. His all round game seems pretty good. Haven't been convinced by some his runs into the box for crosses, and he hasn't got the savvyness in his game to win as many free-kicks/not give away too many free-kicks as I'd like, but I'm hopeful these attributes will come with time.

themightyalbion

Mar 28, 2010
Yes I agree!!
Dont think he,s the complete article yet. Not quite match fit, and still getting up to speed with the Championship style and pace. However, he shows good touch , control, and is powerful on the ball!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really like the look of him. Good in the air, can hold the ball up well and makes very intelligent runs that are sometimes not appreciated by the other players.

Considering he has been here a very short time, only played four games and he has come from a completely different league and culture I'm quite impressed, he will only get better.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon 'es a triffick lad, with a triffick attitude. :thumbsup:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I would guess Wood was going to cost too much. Ulloa looks to be a good player,(power,some pace,skill,and passion)but he will need to perform at once, to give us that edge for the playoffs or more.IMO this will not happen in time,and the more i think about it ,its next season that will be the "Make or break " season for Gus and his team.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I think he doesn't look match fit yet.

I was very surprised when I assumed we bought him a s a target man that when Vicente was tearing Blackburn apart, he kept drifting towards the ball and not into the area.

He was a tad frustrating in that respect.

Also whilst we are at it, Lua Lua's strength is tearing into defenders...again, that did not happen yesterday. I hope that is not being coached out of him and he gets back to running at teams rather than passing it back to safety all the time.

On the whole...frustrating first half and much better second half. Should have buried them though( how many times have we said that this season)

BTW is it correct that at the Amex, the last game we won from being 1-0 behind was the Doncaster game on teh opening day of last season?

If we had had him from the beginning of the season we would be in the top 1 of this division

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He looks a good skilful player to me.....few more games and he will be scoring a few!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I thought he would be a bit better/stronger in the air than he has shown at present. Hopefully, that will come - apart from that :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

I thought he would be a bit better/stronger in the air than he has shown at present. Hopefully, that will come - apart from that :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I am sure he will come good scoring goals. I certainly hope so. But you cannot tell me if he goes another 6 games without a goal you wont be in the lightest bit worried...

That would be a worry to any fan. Yes i don't rate CMS very highly (don't know if you noticed) but how long do you give someone to perform? Its not just the lack of goals but his overall play is mediocre at best. He just doesn't have the skills needed at this level. However, I think Ulloa does. He is everything that CMS is not. I'm sure he will provide and score many goals for us

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Looks strong, holds the ball up well, stays on his feet well for an Argie, lays it off well. But he really should have scored at least one last night. That's is what the money was paid out for. Early days and I think he will be ok, but 1 in 4 is not a great return for a striker. I would have rather paid half the money and got a younger Chris Wood.

Think you are being wise after the event....many people were saying C Wood was not the answer,when playing for us.....

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Considering the rather brutal introduction to the championship I think he is showing fantastic early promise and seems to have a really strong all round game. Looks a real handful and links well with the rest of the team

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He works very hard, has skill and I think will score goals. Just needs to add a bit more physicality to his game and I think he will be a great signing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
granny weatherwax;5512294 Also whilst we are at it said:
Over 5 yds LUA LUA looks very quick over 15 yds not as quick as Buckley more than that and he is F....D and unfortunately he is unable to beat a player on a one on one with ball skill other than pushing it past and running. Last night I think that it was wrong to bring him on as I feel we would have done better with CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here