Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know its only been 3 or 4 games, but what is your impression so far of Ulloa

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think he doesn't look match fit yet.

I was very surprised when I assumed we bought him a s a target man that when Vicente was tearing Blackburn apart, he kept drifting towards the ball and not into the area.

He was a tad frustrating in that respect.

Also whilst we are at it, Lua Lua's strength is tearing into defenders...again, that did not happen yesterday. I hope that is not being coached out of him and he gets back to running at teams rather than passing it back to safety all the time.

On the whole...frustrating first half and much better second half. Should have buried them though( how many times have we said that this season)

BTW is it correct that at the Amex, the last game we won from being 1-0 behind was the Doncaster game on teh opening day of last season?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think hes done well. Nothing spectacular but he is still gaining match fitness. Once fit he will be a major player for us.

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
He keeps backing into defenders... Away from home I can se ehim conceeding a lot of freekicks.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Good touch, great feet, big and strong.

A few more matches and a pre season and he will be flying.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He will tear the league apart next season when in full flow and has worked out how to play to his strengths in the league. I have one little criticism if I may he needs to stop throwing his arms up in the air when things dont go his way or the ref does not see a perceived foul, he needs to cut that out and learn to deal with the ruff and tumble a bit better.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Good touch, great feet, big and strong.

A few more matches and a pre season and he will be flying.

very much this,has great feet for a big man,doesnt need to keep drifting imo,but so far impressed with him

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Very good. I'm delighted we've got him on a long deal as I can just see him getting better and better as we, and he, adapt.

The difference now when we are out wide is huge. We now are willing to cross it. He was so close to nicking the ball at the front post on a couple of occasions.

Also his touch is VERY good. The ball actually sticks with him which is great to see. Once he develops a partnership I think he will thrive. Yesterday was always going to be difficult to find space as Blackburn's recent away record has been very good defensively.

We just need to make sure we use his ability in the air as an OPTION and not the NORM which I know Gus won't let happen.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've been impressed and definitely see potential. All the attributes we were missing are there and the goals will surely come.

I have one little criticism if I may he needs to stop throwing his arms up in the air when things dont go his way or the ref does not see a perceived foul, he needs to cut that out and learn to deal with the ruff and tumble a bit better.

I know what you mean but he did take a real kicking last night, didn't he?

BTW is it correct that at the Amex, the last game we won from being 1-0 behind was the Doncaster game on teh opening day of last season?

Yep, it's true. Why has no one mentioned this before? :rolleyes:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Looks strong, holds the ball up well, stays on his feet well for an Argie, lays it off well. But he really should have scored at least one last night. That's is what the money was paid out for. Early days and I think he will be ok, but 1 in 4 is not a great return for a striker. I would have rather paid half the money and got a younger Chris Wood.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Needs time to adjust to the English game , it hasn't taken him long to suss out that contact from an opposition player doesn't guarantee a free kick as it would in Spain. Shows his Latin temperament by gesticulating more than CMS. At least he isn't another Turienzo.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i like him a lot, a right handful which we have needed, great touch for a big man and bags of skill, need him now in the right positions, but so far, i am impressed.

D

Deleted member 18477

good potential... can't handle the pace of the english game for 90 mins yet but he will get there in time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Its going to take 15-20 games for him to bed in, once he has had a preseason he can be judged.
Agreed, although this being NSC don't be too surprised to see the occasional comment along the lines of "Only got one goal in four/five [whatever] games. Get rid."

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
He keeps backing into defenders... Away from home I can se ehim conceeding a lot of freekicks.

He's good at getting in front of a defender and holding the ball, laying it off etc. Yes, he does back in a bit but that's part of the game, not really any different than the technique of our defenders getting behind a forward and edging them forwards so the ball goes over their head back to keeper/other-defender etc. i.e. do it a bit and it's strong technique, over-do it and possibly you concede a free kick.

He's certainly got a far better first touch than the likes of CMS and I think that in itself will create him more/better chances. I can see him linking up very well with quick touches with Lopez/Orlandi/Vicente.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here