Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I am very proud to be the coach of this club." Oscar Garcia 5th October 2013

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You guys are very naïve. If Oscar loses the next 6-8 games he would be sacked, no doubt about it. Pretty much every football manager is only 10 games from the sack, unless they have built up a huge amount of credit with their club.
That may be the case with a full squad and discipline/respect issues within the team, (nobody said your name Mr Di Canio).

Should he happen to lose the next 6 having not been backed with replacement player(s) he'll be fine.

You're x amount of games away, if someone has handed you a blank cheque book and your still ploppy.
Oscar hasn't become ploppy over night.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You guys are very naïve. If Oscar loses the next 6-8 games he would be sacked, no doubt about it. Pretty much every football manager is only 10 games from the sack, unless they have built up a huge amount of credit with their club.

No, that how impatient, usually foreign owners - act. Poyet went a fair few games without a win a couple of times - he never got sacked.

With TB in the owners chair, we wont be sacking managers at the first sign of bad form, especially when they are in the middle of an injury crisis.

Good to have a manager with class though. Saying all the right things, just need 1 or 2 changes, players back from injury and some luck then we can reap the rewards.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: "I am very proud to be the coach of this club." Oscar Garcia 5th October 2013

I love a good soundbyte. Means a lot.

Classic managerial spiel, but everyone loves it. Very thin paper over real cracks. There's no pressure on Oscar at the moment, we all know the injury situation and the relevance of them, it's become a very difficult job for a lot of reasons.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like Oscar and the way he is conducting himself in interviews before and after matches, also after that shocker of a game on Tuesday he came over to the north stand and clapped the crowd, I don't recall Gus coming out clapping the fans after Watford at home...... Give the bloke time and fit players we will move on in leaps and bounds late surge and go up through the play offs..... It's in the cards I tell ya

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very happy with him, and am sure he will get a fair crack of the whip - time to get things the way he wants.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game - pity it wasn't just 45 minutes long. We were beaten by a very good team, and I heard plenty of people comment "They will be in the premiership next year".

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I appreciate the injury issues are a massive disadvantage to Oscar, but he still has a number of quality players to work with. If we lost the next 6-8 games it would include Yeovil (a), Doncaster (a), Blackburn (h), Barnsley (h) and Bournemouth (a). There is NO chance he would survive defeats in all of those. The next step is to provide him with the funds for a loan striker. If we were to continue losing after that he would go. Also, even if we didn't go on a losing run but hovered in/around the relegation zone over the next few months, do you really think he would be okay? Remember Tony Bloom was quite happy to announce publicly that he expects us to be in the top six this season.

Bloom is no fool. He knows the situation. I know what you are saying but teams need to give managers time. It causes more disruption in most cases.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Very happy with him, and am sure he will get a fair crack of the whip - time to get things the way he wants.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game - pity it wasn't just 45 minutes long. We were beaten by a very good team, and I heard plenty of people comment "They will be in the premiership next year".

Were you sitting with the FFP committee rubbing their hands about the £100k "fine" they will be squeezing out of Forests £120million promotion haul?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Don't forget Oscar's boy Ruben Martinez, the goalkeeping coach, who would give sexy Pete a run for his money in the looks and dress department. He defended the honour of the Club, and got sent to the stand for his trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate the injury issues are a massive disadvantage to Oscar, but he still has a number of quality players to work with. If we lost the next 6-8 games it would include Yeovil (a), Doncaster (a), Blackburn (h), Barnsley (h) and Bournemouth (a). There is NO chance he would survive defeats in all of those. The next step is to provide him with the funds for a loan striker. If we were to continue losing after that he would go. Also, even if we didn't go on a losing run but hovered in/around the relegation zone over the next few months, do you really think he would be okay? Remember Tony Bloom was quite happy to announce publicly that he expects us to be in the top six this season.
I wonder how gutted you would be if we came away from those 5 games with 9 points?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Bloom is no fool. He knows the situation. I know what you are saying but teams need to give managers time. It causes more disruption in most cases.

Very much this. I'm sure that Oscar is feeling the pressure at the moment but there is nothing he can do to bring back the injured players any quicker. I'm sure Tony Bloom is disappointed too but also understands that Oscar is very unlucky with injuries. I'm also confident that Tony is grateful that he has a latin manager who isn't throwing his toys out of the pram, quite the opposite and is being very dignified.

Yes it will be uncomfortable for everyone should would lose another 3-4 games in coming weeks but very harsh if Oscar were to lose his job. Sacking Oscar in such circumstances only a few months after the Gus saga would hardly encourage applications from managerial candidates think it is becoming a poisoned chalice. I really don't think that Tony wants to go through the upheaval of another managerial departure and finding a replacement plus unwanted financial implications.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How does Oscar come across to you in interviews?

I'f i'm totally honest i find him extremely dull person with no charisma. A bit like Brian McDermott I don't really enjoy watching his interviews unlike Gus who managed to get you tuned in no matter what. This isn't a Poyet/Oscar comparing thingy either,just an observation.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
How does Oscar come across to you in interviews?

I'f i'm totally honest i find him extremely dull person with no charisma. A bit like Brian McDermott I don't really enjoy watching his interviews unlike Gus who managed to get you tuned in no matter what. This isn't a Poyet/Oscar comparing thingy either,just an observation.

Yes, but more importantly perhaps... which of those two would you prefer to buy a second hand car from?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He seems like a nice bloke, not much to say for himself and not one for playing to the cameras. Other than that don't really have much of an opinion, waiting to see how good a job he does before deciding which bandwagon to jump on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here