Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I am very proud to be the coach of this club." Oscar Garcia 5th October 2013

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
12 year old insecure possessive jealous girls? Really? You do realise how stupid you come across when you post things like that don't you? I thought you were better than that.
It may well be sooo stupid, you know, but is it like actually wrong?

Totes amazeballs.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It may well be sooo stupid, you know, but is it like actually wrong?

Totes amazeballs.

Of course it's wrong:-

Fan A - "I'm not best pleased with the way Poyet keeps touting himself for other jobs in the middle of a potential promotion campaign. In fact his tendency to do this since he got here is getting on my tits now. Pretty disrespectful when you think of the support he's had from the Chairman and the fans"

Fan B - "Grow up you 12 year old insecure possessive schoolgirl"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Fan A - "I'm not best pleased with the way Poyet keeps touting himself for other jobs in the middle of a potential promotion campaign. In fact his tendency to do this since he got here is getting on my tits now. Pretty disrespectful when you think of the support he's had from the Chairman and the fans"

Bedwetter, you forgot bedwetter which is the other term of endearment for fans who were pissed off with the touting

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Bedwetter, you forgot bedwetter which is the other term of endearment for fans who were pissed off with the touting

In a more grown up sense, could you imagine a senior member of a business talking about how he loves rival competitors in the marketplace and wouldn't mind going there one day? It's not a trivial matter - organisational identity and culture are very important, and these are impacted on by these comments.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Apologies.

Fan B - "Grow up you 12 year old insecure possessive schoolgirl, and whilst you're at it, stop wetting the bed".

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
In a more grown up sense, could you imagine a senior member of a business talking about how he loves rival competitors in the marketplace and wouldn't mind going there one day? It's not a trivial matter - organisational identity and culture are very important, and these are impacted on by these comments.

Very true that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Apparently it's OK in football, it just shows ambition and honesty. These are good traits and what you have to expect if you are lucky enough to have a manager who is punching below his ability at the club he is employed at.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Whilst I agree that Mellotron hasn't helped himself with this schoolgirl nonsense, I don't really understand why so many are still so upset by Poyet. It was always a bit of a marriage of convenience, but until that final match he had done everything we could reasonably have expected of him, surely? I doubt we'll see football as good as that for a long while unfortunately.

Ultimately there was a clash of personalities somewhere along the line, and it all came to a head just at the wrong time. He wasn't perfect, but all this bad mouthing of GP seems ridiculous to me. :shrug:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sadly this is true. He left Maccabi Tel Aviv after one successful season, when a better opportunity came along.

I have nothing against him, or Gus, or anyone who wants to better themselves, after all, I certainly have throughout my career. I do find it slightly peculiar that football fans rarely believe such an inevitability to be true.

I thought he left cos his missus and kids didn't like the rockets being launched from palastine...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Whilst I agree that Mellotron hasn't helped himself with this schoolgirl nonsense, I don't really understand why so many are still so upset by Poyet. It was always a bit of a marriage of convenience, but until that final match he had done everything we could reasonably have expected of him, surely? I doubt we'll see football as good as that for a long while unfortunately.

Ultimately there was a clash of personalities somewhere along the line, and it all came to a head just at the wrong time. He wasn't perfect, but all this bad mouthing of GP seems ridiculous to me. :shrug:

I agree, and I'm not upset, I was only ever irritated by him at times. He's gone and I wish him well. I only got involved in this thread as the usual suspects started on about Poyet again rather than accepting that Oscar is different and, arguably, his approach to fans has more merit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree, and I'm not upset, I was only ever irritated by him at times. He's gone and I wish him well. I only got involved in this thread as the usual suspects started on about Poyet again rather than accepting that Oscar is different and, arguably, his approach to fans has more merit.
You're probably right about his approach to fans, but it won't mean anything if he ends up ruining the club (and I'm not saying that he will!) I really don't care that he says he is "proud" to be at the club. I'd be every bit as happy if he came across as more neutral on the subject, but it's obvious that going too far the other way really does bother a lot of people on here. Just not me though.

Ultimately the jury is out on Oscar. He certainly needs more time and a bit more luck than he's had in order for me to make any sort of judgement on him.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You're probably right about his approach to fans, but it won't mean anything if he ends up ruining the club (and I'm not saying that he will!) I really don't care that he says he is "proud" to be at the club. I'd be every bit as happy if he came across as more neutral on the subject, but it's obvious that going too far the other way really does bother a lot of people on here. Just not me though.

Ultimately the jury is out on Oscar. He certainly needs more time and a bit more luck than he's had in order for me to make any sort of judgement on him.

Absolutely. Couldn't really care less what he says about the club, or the fans, as long as he's not actively slagging either off. It's about the way we play football and the results where everything will be judged.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

All fair points. I think it's only such an "issue" due to the stark contrast in public styles between he and Poyet. If both or either had been more neutral then no-one would be talking about this.

It is of course plausible that Oscar may have even been given direction by Bloom to the tune of "some of the fans are feeling hurt by what's gone on, make sure you show them some love, we know you're a nice bloke and all that". But, even if that is the case, I'm sure he's been genuinely impressed by the support.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here