Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia offered to resign on Monday...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If Bloom genuinely received such an offer he would be mad not to accept it, as it would offer a path to change without incurring buy out costs that would hamper next year's FFP figures. He's not mad, which is why I doubt such an offer was made, at least not without some strings attached.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would a manager offer to resign on a Sunday, then lose on Saturday and say he doesn't expect the get the chop before training on Monday?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Catch 22 situation for TB , whatever he does will cost him and his wallet.

well if he does not sack him or let him resign then we will be in the 1st division next season ,now either that's what he wants or he is playing a very cagey game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would a manager offer to resign on a Sunday, then lose on Saturday and say he doesn't expect the get the chop before training on Monday?

No need for any one to worry about this any more. He is quoted in the Argus this evening as wanting to stick about and turn it around and has no intentions of quitting. Smashing.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Because he's been told he's safe and the Derby result alone was going to change nothing...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
The Derby result wasnt exactly unexpected so I am surprised that so many are saying sack him now. I think the next 3 games will be more telling.

Very true. The big game is this Friday. Bruno got interviewed by BBC Sussex and said "each game is a cup final now and Friday is a massive game"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe TB is waiting for Sami to buy his way out of his contract ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So he's forcing a manager who isn't good enough and doesn't want to do the job to stay?

GENIUS from Tony Bloom.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've got three pages through this thread, and it goes like this:
Sami has a private conversation with Bloom and offers to resign. That's understandable. Yet...
... there was also either a player present, or one of Sami or Bloom disclose such information, and ...
... that player tells a few mates
I'm of the view that this thread is tosh. A bit like recruitment policy over the past 18 months. And Sami's midfield selection today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Derby result wasnt exactly unexpected so I am surprised that so many are saying sack him now. I think the next 3 games will be more telling.

It's not losing this game per se that's the problem, it's losing it within 20 minutes of kick-off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's not losing this game per se that's the problem, it's losing it within 20 minutes of kick-off.
With a team selection my 13 year old said ' that's shite dad the guy is a f@@king ****'. Or in words of a well mannered young man.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Problem being, with Hyppia in charge of a relegated BHA there is no indication that he would be the ideal candidate to turn fortunes sround in L1. Bloom may have to bear the loss of Championship football and sack Hyypia. Better now to pay up Hyypia and get an experienced manager to give us a chance if staying up.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here