Hyppia offered to resign on Monday...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I can understand TB refusing the alleged resignation, he is a poker player and weighing up all the odds.

He would refuse Sami's offer until he has the new manager lined up and waiting to come in, rather than leave Jones as caretaker
He probably wants Jones gone too, because the new manager wants to bring his own No2, so get rid of both of them in one hit.
I think he will go when TB is ready.......which hopefully is bloody soon.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I very much doubt Hyypia will walk away and not demand the paying up of his contract, 99% of managers wouldn't, nor would their agents let them.

Like Mackay at Cardiff, he's not not going to resign and give up the cash....... He will stay, regardless of everything, as its worth X number of £ to do so...... Bloom offered him X amount over 3 years and regardless of the fact he's an utter shite manager witht the carisma of a potato, and is going to relegate the club, its just an employment contract to Hyypia.

Bloom is going to have to accept he made a big mistake and either pay up or put him on gardening leave and pay week by week. #BINtheFIN.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it could be that TB could not take his resignation because he does not have someone to replace Sammi........just yet

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've got three pages through this thread, and it goes like this:
Sami has a private conversation with Bloom and offers to resign. That's understandable. Yet...
... there was also either a player present, or one of Sami or Bloom disclose such information, and ...
... that player tells a few mates
I'm of the view that this thread is tosh. A bit like recruitment policy over the past 18 months. And Sami's midfield selection today.

Thanks thats saved me a lot of time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a lot of things that people don't want to believe about Tony Bloom.

He enjoys the less stressful life as a chairman of a League One club is not one of them I hope.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There's a lot of things that people don't want to believe about Tony Bloom.

Everyone's capable of entrusting the wrong person in a personnel arrangement. TB's a business man not an HR expert and Sami being a hugely successful and respected player, an international, managing a top team in the bundesliga, probably calm and reassuring in interview and willing to accept a recruitment set up that would put most off, must have looked very attractive on paper.

Its easy to see how at the time he looked like a good punt for an aspiring championship club. Its hard to Blame bloom in retrospect for reaching that conclusion at that time. Bloom made what he thought was the best decision at that time, but as with any important decision it must be constantly re-evaluated and flexible. Without re-evaluation of that decision if circumstances change, there are big dangers in carrying on regardless.

imho our club is going down unless hiring decisions are re-evaluated taking into account all the factors as of today.

And whilst TB is obviously a wealthy man and has done much for our club he's not a bottomless pit, he's no Warren Buffet or Bill Gates. Sami's managerial ineptitude will take the club down to League 1, but what are the financial implications of that to a club with huge debts and a limited benefactor? could Sami take Bloom down with him?

#BINtheFIN

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Derby result wasnt exactly unexpected so I am surprised that so many are saying sack him now. I think the next 3 games will be more telling.

Exactly. Losing away against the top of the league and clearly one of the best teams in the division is not unexpected.... although the nature of the performance might leave something to be desired.

If we don't do well against Millwall on Friday, things might look a lot different.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As the other poster says, Poyet tried to leave in March, TB refused. Garcia rumoured to have wanted out after christmas but TB said no..

The only difference with them was we were fighting for promotion/play-offs and it probably made more sense to keep them ..... with Hyppia if he sticks to his guns and keeps him the outcome will be relegation and a big loss in revenue. I think TB needs to think very carefully on this and stop letting his pride get in the way of the decision which should be pretty straight forward I would say

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can understand TB refusing the alleged resignation, he is a poker player and weighing up all the odds.

He would refuse Sami's offer until he has the new manager lined up and waiting to come in, rather than leave Jones as caretaker

there's nothing to weigh up. we're in relegation with nothing to show improvment. Jone cant do any worse and would probably just revert to an "english" formation and backs to the wall seige mentality that might actually get a result or two against poorer teams (like millwall and fulham coming up this month). right now i know more or less how we will line up and so do the opposition managers, who'll set out to exploit the now well known flaws in Hyypia's tactics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I may have missed it, but what is to stop Bloom sacking Hyppia on grounds of performance, and replacing him with Brian McDermott? Even if Hyppia has to be paid off (but . . . why?) it's bound to cost less than we paid for Baldock (for whom we will recoup very little of the transfer fee when he goes). What has McDermott done to be ruled out as an instant replacement?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As I've suggested on another thread TB appears to be behaving like a rabbit caught in the headlights at the moment. Is it just that he is completely unable to admit that he's made a number of mistakes commencing towards the end of the Poyet reign or does he have some other bizarre scenario that he's working to? Either way its f**king this club up right royally at the moment.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So a player texts you? Or does he leave a voicemail? He must trust you not to go to press?

Even members of the press get texts and don't take them straight to editors. Trust is, indeed, the key factor.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Okay, so Derby away was never going to me a make-or-break game. But that surely doesn't justify going into it with no defensive midfield player.

The other point made here that concerns me is that the last three managers have all offered to resign in mid-season. That can't have happened at many clubs. (Pulis, of course, resigned just before this season, or otherwise our chums up the A23 would certainly qualify).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Okay, so Derby away was never going to me a make-or-break game. But that surely doesn't justify going into it with no defensive midfield player.

A massive failing in a game where the opposition were guaranteed to come flying out of the traps and keeping it tight for the first 20 minutes was key.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
A massive failing in a game where the opposition were guaranteed to come flying out of the traps and keeping it tight for the first 20 minutes was key.

How can he be so CLUELESS?! It defies belief.

Easily our worst manager in my lifetime of supporting the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports