Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia offered to resign on Monday...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
But giving up the fight and quitting is the same, regardless of circumstances surely

Agreed, but if handled well momentum might well be preserved... Listen I'm not privy to anything on the 'inside.' You just wouldn't say no, it's the easy way out, no need for excuses and awkward backtracking. I cannot accept a man as reasoned and Tony, would decline this offer given the current shit storm.

Kosh

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Maybe TB didn't want the new managers first game to be away to Derby? Better to have a home game against Millwall as an opener.

That was my initial thought, although he could have used Jones for one game.

Bloom must surely have a shortlist by now and have been in contact with interested parties. I write that more out of hope than anything else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has anyone felt the need to email barber to let their feelings known.

Mass email campaign.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
And was the player pleased that he had offered to resign and pissed off that it hadn't been accepted or was it vice versa.

Personally, aside from what I have been told, I think we are starting to see a few weaknesses in our chairman. I would stick a huge amount of money on what I have been informed being absolutely true. I think the question being posed out of all this is, do we have proper footballing people making decisions right at the top? I would suggest we don't. We may have a very passionate chairman whose generosity knows no bounds, but he will have weaknesses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Personally, aside from what I have been told, I think we are starting to see a few weaknesses in our chairman. I would stick a huge amount of money on what I have been informed being absolutely true. I think the question being posed out of all this is, do we have proper footballing people making decisions right at the top? I would suggest we don't. We may have a very passionate chairman whose generosity knows no bounds, but he will have weaknesses.

Someone tell Dave Whelan

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
And was the player pleased that he had offered to resign and pissed off that it hadn't been accepted or was it vice versa.

Couldnt tell either way from a short text message

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
100% true, though I'm obviously not going to name the player I will say he's a senior member of the squad

So you personally know a senior squad member who told you directly that Hyypia had offered to resign?

How did this squad member get to know - did Hyypia tell all the players that he had offered to resign, it had been rejected so to keep on keeping on?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody on the radio phone in suggested Calderon to take over as caretaker manager while we sort another one out but WA shot him down in flames by saying this is a big club with big ideas no way would they consider Calderon and no way would Calderon apply.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The message I received said that he offered to resign on Sunday and that the offer was refused.Other than that I know no more or no less than anyone else. The person that told also told me the reason some of our players were arrested on returning from Wrexham a couple of years back, including details not common knowledge until the court case, within a few days of it happening. He has never, unfortunately , told me anything about the shit in the Palace dressing room.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Garcia told bloom a month before the end of last season that he wanted to leave and bloom tried to get him to rethink. Bloom will not let anyone go, didn't poyet tell Bloom he wanted to go mid season as well.

Bloom has lost the plot.

There is a big difference in not wanting to lose your play off chasing manager and a relegated threatened one!

Hyppias record not just here, is poor to say the least. Tony needs to admit he got this one wrong and move on!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This does seem to make Sami a dead man walking, maybe TB is already looking for a new man and has told Sami to stay at the helm until that point.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Brighton manager Sami Hyypia:

"I think I can turn it around. If I don't think I can turn it around then I will walk away.

"I will still be here and taking training on Monday. Only if I am told from elsewhere will I not be taking training, but that is a matter and a decision that is out of my control.

"However, I don't expect to be told. I don't expect that to happen."

**** It

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here