Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia offered to resign on Monday...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Garcia told bloom a month before the end of last season that he wanted to leave and bloom tried to get him to rethink. Bloom will not let anyone go, didn't poyet tell Bloom he wanted to go mid season as well.

Bloom has lost the plot.
Rather large difference being that GP and OG actually did very well, and them leaving was a loss.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Catch 22 situation for TB , whatever he does will cost him and his wallet.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can't be true; if he offered to resign I'd be thinking he's given up the fight, or he's already letting the boo boys and associated pressure affect his judgement. Naturally with this in mind - I cannot believe a man who makes some serious cash out of playing poker would say no. Sami represents a busted flush, he's laid his cards, car keys, wedding ring and all, he's all in... he's finished. So this guy says I'll walk, and Mr B says "no." I'd say there would say this is a case of people creating news where there is none, or certainly nothing close to an actual offer of resignation. A meeting, a discussion and a none too pleasant one at that far more plausible.

I'd say he's nearly on his way after todays predictable yet shambolic public undressing. Nearly but not quite.

Kosh

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If true Bloom should be sectioned

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't be true; if he offered to resign I'd be thinking he's given up the fight, or he's already letting the boo boys and associated pressure affect his judgement. I cannot believe a man who makes some serious cash out of playing poker would say no. Sami represents a busted flush, he's laid his cards, car keys, wedding ring and all in, he's all in... he's finished. So this guy says I'll walk, and Mr B says "no." I'd say there would say this is a case of people creating news where there is none, or certainly nothing close to an actual offer of resignation. A meeting, a discussion and a none too pleasant one at that far more plausible.

I'd say he's nearly on his way after todays predictable yet shambolic public undressing. Nearly but not quite.

Kosh

As the other poster says, Poyet tried to leave in March, TB refused. Garcia rumoured to have wanted out after christmas but TB said no..

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Rather large difference being that GP and OG actually did very well, and them leaving was a loss.

I'm trying to say he tried to keep those two who were great but is trying to keep some clueless manager who everyone can see is taking us in one direction. It's about money and Bloom will suffer financially if we get relegated and we will under Hyypia.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a resignation doesnt cost anything, otherwise its a negotiation. it would be nonsensical to force manager to stay if the performances are so bad. so one concludes this is bollocks or at best a distant reflection of something that occured.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As the other poster says, Poyet tried to leave in March, TB refused. Garcia rumoured to have wanted out after christmas but TB said no..
Why does this have any bearing on how TB might have responded to SH? Poyet and Oscar showed themselves to be really good managers that a chairman would want to stay.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Why would Sami tell the players he's offered to resign? That's weird in itself... basically tells the players he's given up

If true, Bloom is a clown

Could be anyone who told the player. Lawyer, HR, Burke, Barber, jones, other board member...loads of people.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Under wholly totally differing circumstances - successful managers, winning teams (for the most part) which makes a little more sense. This would make NO sense. Besides this is not a dictatorial boardroom, from the outside looking in, Bloom would not solely be responsible for these monumental decisions. Surely a fact. Second an offer of this kind would certainly be accepted by many in the boardroom (given current form and prognosis), nah it's just not true.

Kosh

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Under wholly totally differing circumstances - successful managers, winning teams (for the most part) which makes a little more sense. This would make NO sense. Besides this is not a dictatorial boardroom, from the outside looking in, Bloom would not solely be responsible for these monumental decisions. Surely a fact. Second an offer of this kind would certainly be accepted by many in the boardroom (given current form and prognosis), nah it's just not true.

Kosh

But giving up the fight and quitting is the same, regardless of circumstances surely

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maybe TB didn't want the new managers first game to be away to Derby? Better to have a home game against Millwall as an opener.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here