Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull vs Wednesday

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Best two goalkeepers in the Championship on show tonight, both showed why so far. Still gutted we missed out on Westwood a couple of years ago.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Didn't they have a Rugby League match there last night? The pitch looks remarkably well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still 0-0. Come on, biggest club in the world, give us a goal!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Righto , about 2.30 in is about right.

Well, that's balanced. I'm not making comparisons with our goalkeeper, but for me, these two tonight are the best in the league. Obviously Stockdale is one of the better ones, along with Marshall of Cardiff and Tom Heaton of Burnley. It's no coincidance that they're playing for teams at the top end of the league and I wouldn't be surprised if Middlesbrough and Derby were jealous of all of them - Konstantopolous and Carson/Grant aren't at the same level.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best two goalkeepers in the Championship on show tonight, both showed why so far. Still gutted we missed out on Westwood a couple of years ago.

I think I would pick Marshall (Cardiff) and Westwood (Wednesday).

Who did they say has the best strike record in the Championship? (A few weeks ago it was Bobby Zamora).

Prediction: Hull will up their game in the second half and win by one or two goals.

If they can't up their game, they are not as good as I thought they were.

The other possibility is Hull lose the ball trying to play football and Wedneday get the run of the green and pinch a goal on the break. Less likely.

HT: 0-0

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably not the best time to bring this up, but anyway, Peter Swan:

The betting scandal, which also involved two other Wednesday players, Tony Kay and David Layne, involved the three betting on Sheffield Wednesday to lose their away match at Ipswich Town F.C. on Saturday 1 December 1962. Ipswich won the match 2–0 with two goals from Ray Crawford. In an interview with The Times newspaper in July 2006, Swan said “We lost the game fair and square, but I still don’t know what I’d have done if we’d been winning. It would have been easy for me to give away a penalty or even score an own goal. Who knows?”. The betting ring was uncovered and publicised by a major article in The People newspaper. Swan was banned on Monday 13 April 1964 just as he was preparing to play against Tottenham that evening, his place in the team being taken by Vic Mobley. Swan received a four-month jail sentence in Lincoln jail and a life ban from football. It is believed that Swan might otherwise have been part of the England squad that won the 1966 World Cup; he was once told by England manager Alf Ramsey that he was "top of the list".

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scoring records per 90 minutes this season
Austin 80%
Hooper 80%
Hernández 70%
Zamora 70%

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The biggest club in the world only took 2000 to a Yorkshire Derby...poor that is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here