Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull vs Wednesday

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Still don't see how a draw helps in any way, a team above us moves further away and a team below us moves closer. I would guess any game where a team higher placed drops points is good....but then I'm a bit simple.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The best result is an incredibly dirty ill tempered clog-fest resulting in a slew of season sending injuries and lengthy violent conduct bans. If they could contrive to field an ineligible player amid the chaos that would be perfect.
When I started to read this thread I kid you not, nearly word for word....this is what I was thinking.
Spooky:ohmy:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Definitely a Wednesday win. No need to worry about teams below us getting points

Of course there is. We're not going to win every game left I'm afraid. Draw for me - one point vanished into thin air - draws aren't much good to any teams in the top 6 atm & Weds are on fire in the last 15 or so games...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not nearly as bullish as some of you lot, that a play-off place is already in the bag, so I vote DRAW.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We can't take points off Hull so why would we want them to even get a draw?

As previously posted, a Wednesday win followed by us taking 3 points off them at the Amex. That leaves us in control!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that a play off place is the least we can expect so a draw would not help either side provided of course we win Monday. The 1 point Hull get would be overcome with a similar result or two in the coming weeks. An ideal result would be 0-0 with both sides getting a red card,to both Hernandez and Hooper As the season moves on any dreaw for a top team is 2 points lost us included.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
IF you think we are only going to get in the playoffs then a draw or even a Hull win is the best result, but if you think we could make top two then a Wednesday win is best.
Also if you think we are only going to get a play off place you have to look at 7th place, Birmingham. They still have to play us, Hull, Middlesbough and Burnley. And make up 9 points on us but with a game in hand.
I filled out the spreadsheet that was posted on here a couple of days ago and with my albion tinted glasses on still have us in with a shout for Auto even with a Hull win.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not nearly as bullish as some of you lot, that a play-off place is already in the bag, so I vote DRAW.

9 points clear. While it's not "in the bag", it's certainly hovering over the bag invitingly. It would take a fair SLUMP for us not to make it. At this stage in the season and with the form we're in I'd certainly hope we are looking up, not down. Top 2 is definitely achievable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
9 points clear. While it's not "in the bag", it's certainly hovering over the bag invitingly. It would take a fair SLUMP for us not to make it. At this stage in the season and with the form we're in I'd certainly hope we are looking up, not down. Top 2 is definitely achievable.

Only six points clear of Birmingham if they win their GIH, and with an inferior DG. Just TWO defeats back to back, could see us seventh...

#NotThereYet

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Only six points clear of Birmingham if they win their GIH, and with an inferior DG. Just TWO defeats back to back, could see us seventh...

#NotThereYet
Thats fair enough but they have to win their GIH first and also have to play Us, Hull, Middlesbrough and Burnley. So basically all of the top four in the next 14 games.
I like to feel optimistic but with a tinge of reality.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A 0-0 draw with four from each side sent off for violent conduct, plus a shed load of injuries for the rest wouldn't be be worse possible outcome.

We can dream.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thats fair enough but they have to win their GIH first and also have to play Us, Hull, Middlesbrough and Burnley. So basically all of the top four in the next 14 games.
I like to feel optimistic but with a tinge of reality.

Didn't someone point out that Wed haven't beaten any of the top four?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Didn't someone point out that Wed haven't beaten any of the top four?

Not sure of your point there, matey.
Not wishing to argue with you or anyone on here as all opinions are equally valid, but the quote you referenced was about Birmingham.
Ultimately I think we dont need to worry about 6th but who is in 7th. And if Weds havent beaten any of the top 6 yet, I hope that changes tonight :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here