Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull vs Wednesday

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I managed to keep awake until the end, but I nearly dozed off.

I was out for a meal and a few beers and watched it when I got in. Nodded off right at the end. Woke up in time to see the red card. Not a bad result in the end, especially the red card.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It just shows you how STUPID everyone is apart from me. He goes down after barely being touched rolls around in agony clutching his leg then forgets that soon as the ref gets the card out . Deserved second yellow for SIMULATION

STIMULATION surely?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
That Wednesday kit is the proper way to do a blue and white striped shirt, obviouslyapart from the badge and sponsor. Stripes on the sleeves, and on the back :sigh:

Agreed, it is a nice shirt. Maybe Nike do a similar version? Need to check the catalogue.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had a look on the Weds :)lol:) forum & they're not happy about him missing the game against us. That's a big boost for us & will no doubt help - feel more confident about our game v them now :)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Perfect, that little shit Forestieri always seems to do well against us and the draw was an ideal result.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Had a look on the Weds :)lol:) forum & they're not happy about him missing the game against us. That's a big boost for us & will no doubt help - feel more confident about our game v them now :)

I think it's disgraceful that we should be applauding Foresterie's exclusion from the upcoming game with us.

I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself. Or at least I would be, if I wasn't overcome with glee. :blush:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Whale ooze

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

The first yellow was quite clearly for pulling the Hull player back by the shirt, admittedly it wasn't clear from the original angle, but when seen from behind Forestieri clearly initially pushes the Hull player, then pulls him back by the shirt, Carlos Carvalhal had no problem with this card.

However the second one is more contentious. Dawson's challenge was quite clearly reckless, which he knew when you watch his reaction when he gets up. If he didn't actually catch Forestieri it was more by luck than judgement - you don't have to break someones leg with a reckless challenge for it to be a foul and a foul against Forestieri it definitely should have been.

What has been pointed out though, is that Forestieri now has a reputation for this sort of thing, and the ref was quite clearly looking for it - yes Forestieri did make a meal of it, but I could show you a hundred players who would have done exactly the same thing in that situation, it was a dangerously reckless challenge that Forestieri wanted to make sure the ref couldn't miss!

At the very least Forestieri should have got the free kick, Dawson should have got at least a yellow for the dangerously reckless challenge - then and only then should the ref have dealt with Forestieri if he thought he was making a meal out of it...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd say well done ref and to be frank this little shite needs to stop bloody diving all the time....What's the purpose of rolling around and cheating?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The first yellow was quite clearly for pulling the Hull player back by the shirt, admittedly it wasn't clear from the original angle, but when seen from behind Forestieri clearly initially pushes the Hull player, then pulls him back by the shirt, Carlos Carvalhal had no problem with this card.

However the second one is more contentious. Dawson's challenge was quite clearly reckless, which he knew when you watch his reaction when he gets up. If he didn't actually catch Forestieri it was more by luck than judgement - you don't have to break someones leg with a reckless challenge for it to be a foul and a foul against Forestieri it definitely should have been.

What has been pointed out though, is that Forestieri now has a reputation for this sort of thing, and the ref was quite clearly looking for it - yes Forestieri did make a meal of it, but I could show you a hundred players who would have done exactly the same thing in that situation, it was a dangerously reckless challenge that Forestieri wanted to make sure the ref couldn't miss!

At the very least Forestieri should have got the free kick, Dawson should have got at least a yellow for the dangerously reckless challenge - then and only then should the ref have dealt with Forestieri if he thought he was making a meal out of it...

I don't think that Forestieri made a meal of it at all. With a big lump like Dawson lunging at you at 100mph wouldn't your natural reaction be, to throw yourself out of the way? It certainly would be mine.

As you say, a yellow card for Dawson at the very least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have loved us to have signed Forestierii, class player

Bit worried that the giant Wednesday brought on at the end might cause our defenders big problems if they choose to play him. Looked good in the air and on the ground in that short cameo.

Oh and that ref last night was an embarrassing homer

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just seen the incident on SSN. I can see why he had to dive to avoid the tackle, and that should have been a free kick to Wednesday. However, the defender barely touches him, and he then rolled around holding his leg. This was to presumably to try and get the defender sent off, so tough shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here