Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You assume it is all planned with meticulous detail but it might be completely disorganised and shambolic for all any of us knows.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Thoughts of a Hull fan:

'Thought Brighton played some good stuff at times, largely bossed it.

I said to my mate in the 2nd half, when Brighton had about 5 or 6 chances & half chances in a row, missing them all, that we'd nick it.

And we did.

If I was a Brighton fan, I'd be sick, they deserved something.

But oh well.'

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
You assume it is all planned with meticulous detail but it might be completely disorganised and shambolic for all any of us knows.

Yes I'm sure it is. Despite the rest of the club clearly being run with some of the best organisation and professionalism we've ever seen, when it comes to scouting and transfers we just throw it all out the window.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes I'm sure it is. Despite the rest of the club clearly being run with some of the best organisation and professionalism we've ever seen, when it comes to scouting and transfers we just throw it all out the window.

None of us know do we ? And some of the organisation at the club is totally useless to be fair.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting to read so many moans about CMS yet he had a strong game today and its not his fault that the Ref didnt give him a penalty in the 1st minute. His first touch and pace caused Hull all sorts of grief and we even managed to give him the ball early as he made his runs but again he had little support. Barnes was largely peripheral but should have dome better with that beautiful chip by Dicker that put him one on one with the keeper about 8 yards out.

Both KLL and Nooney had the beating of Rosenior (again) who resorted to conning the Ref a couple of times to earn Nooney his yellow and nearly got him a red too. We got some decent crosses in, shame we don't have someone with real aerial presence to make the most of them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Barnes is playing in midfield, and he still gets more than CMS!
No he isnt,.. he is a slightly withdrawn striker in a free role.... but dont let the facts get in the way of your anti CMS sentiment eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No he isnt,.. he is a slightly withdrawn striker in a free role.... but dont let the facts get in the way of your anti CMS sentiment eh?

I'd say midfield.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Id say striker in a free role.... where do we go with this now then?

You said withdrawn striker. How withdrawn does striker have to be to make him a midfielder?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You have got to love NSC. We lose and within minutes people are slagging off Gus for being too defensive, saying he is under pressure and our second league game of the season (yes, second game) is a must win. I am assuming as they are writing on here right after the game that these people weren't even at the game, which makes it even more ridiculous.

I thought we played really well yesterday. We weren't unlucky as we should have taken our chances and one mistake cost us but we will play worst and win this season. It is frustrating but compared to Swindon the performance was different class. Yes, we do need a striker but we also have Vicente and Buckley to come back and LuaLua and Mackail-Smith can't be fully fit after missing much of pre season.

As for the people slagging off Mackail-Smith, why not give him a chance to prove you wrong rather than jumping on his back whenever he doesn't score. We played more to his strengths yesterday and he caused Hull problems. There wasn't really a bad performance from any of our players but special mention to Bridcutt who was superb.

I know we didn't get anything but I can't believe the performance is regarded as irrelevant. If we had played like Tuesday and lost 1-0, I would have been worried but as it is I think we will be in the top half this season with this squad and a new striker would give us a great chance for the play offs.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So would I, but then, I don't have an anti-barnes sentiment.
...but if I think he is not 'all that'..... surely I am allowed to air that view!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...but if I think he is not 'all that'..... surely I am allowed to air that view!!

Can you answer my question please? I'm genuinely interested.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If that's what you think, of course you are. But, there's a difference between thinking he's not all that, and deliberately skewing the truth to make him appear worse to others. His position isn't an opinion thing, it's a fact thing.

You have a habit of painting him in the worst light possible ('let's ignore some of his goals so that he doesn't seem as good'), so of course you're going to argue he's a striker, because a striker who only scores 14 goals (sorry, 11 league goals, sorry, 8 league goals from open play) makes him seem worse than a midfielder who has scored 14 goals (sorry, 11 league goals...).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
how many did we take yesterday?

i didnt see it mentioned anywhere and wasn't on either site

I wanna know this too. The match report isn't linked to the fixture list yet, perhaps the article will be updated with this info when it is.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You said withdrawn striker. How withdrawn does striker have to be to make him a midfielder?
Sorry, I assumed this was a rhetorical question...... if he was midfield he would be consistently tracking back to pick up the ball from the defence,.... this he doesnt do does he,... he is mostly receiving the ball in an advanced position from the other midfield/wide players..... thus leading me to the conclusion that he is a forward.... simplistic, but I find that works on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here