Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last 12 games?! We've started a new season, with a load of new signings, last season means absolutely nothing now. We've been knocked out of the league cup with a pretty shit performance, fair enough. But one game into the league, we put in a fairly decent performance and get unlucky towards the end, having been unable to score against one of the best defences in the league.

Another day it could have easily gone the other way and we would have won. By the sounds of things we certainly played the better football, the goals will come.

So you disregard our form but then say Hull have one of the best defences in the league after 1 game basically completely smashing your argument into the ground.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
McSmudger said he was going to work on his game this summer, and fitting in with the way Gus wants the team to play.Looks like he did not f***ing bother

He's had almost zero game time in pre-season, due to injury. Give the bloke a chance to get his sharpness back!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So you disregard our form but then say Hull have one of the best defences in the league after 1 game basically completely smashing your argument into the ground.

What?

I said that the fact we didnt score against one of the best defences in the league isn't too much to worry about. And the way we played last season, 3 MONTHS AGO really doesn't have much bearing on now. How do they contradict each other?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Last 12 games?! We've started a new season, with a load of new signings, last season means absolutely nothing now. We've been knocked out of the league cup with a pretty shit performance, fair enough. But one game into the league, we put in a fairly decent performance and get unlucky towards the end, having been unable to score against one of the best defences in the league.

Another day it could have easily gone the other way and we would have won. By the sounds of things we certainly played the better football, the goals will come.

sensible comment old chap.........i share your optimism at the moment,just wish we could score away from home , sounds like we played quite well today........i watched the swindon game and we were ,frankly........pants.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
we appear to need a player or two who are capable of hitting the net...........f*** that was frustrating to listen to......end of last season all over again, surely cms has got to start scoring sooner rather than later...there goal sounded like a sucker punch.......new player on the pitch unmarked in the middle of the box.......fuckit.

According to the commentator Barnes fell asleep

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem we have is the same as the back end of last season. We do not have strikers who are clinical enough. Mind you nor do most of the teams in this division. I suspect Bloom will hold back on giving Poyet another 3 million to spend on a striker at this moment in time. We might have to make do with someone well below that sort of valuation.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are we have a woefully inadequate strikeforce for this division, one of the weakest in the league, certainly totally useless for a promotion push and this has been found out already. Sure drag it out for another 10 games but it will still be completely inadequate then and a quarter of the season is gone and Poyet is ok, nothing special.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What?

I said that the fact we didnt score against one of the best defences in the league isn't too much to worry about. And the way we played last season, 3 MONTHS AGO really doesn't have much bearing on now. How do they contradict each other?

How do you know it is one of the best defences in this league after 1 game played ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The problem we have is the same as the back end of last season. We do not have strikers who are clinical enough. Mind you nor do most of the teams in this division. I suspect Bloom will hold back on giving Poyet another 3 million to spend on a striker at this moment in time. We might have to make do with someone well below that sort of valuation.

Any idea of Charlie Austin's value? He'd do nicely and should be cheaper than that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
If you're as short sighted to only consider one game, then yes it is. But it's pretty clear to anyone that a good performance, even in defeat, puts you in a better position in the next match to iron out those few errors and progress.

f***ing hell some people on here tonight are idiotic. ONE game does not decide our entire season :facepalm:

It's not one game. We have been awful all year, scored hardly any goals. For FFS smell the coffee. Will it hit you when we are bottom after 10 games, 20 or 30 games?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
What?

They have one of the best defences in the league? After 1 game.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
How do you know it is one of the best defences in this league after 1 game played ?

Their four defenders are very good players, well drilled and used to playing with each other. (Yes I know they proved that last season - but my point is that form is temporary, class is permanent)We have a different core make up to our team and they need time to settle. We're clearly in the market for another striker, I really don't see why you're getting so worried about one game where we played pretty well. Change one or two things and we'll be absolutely fine.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Just on the way back now. We had a good game, we played really well and had chances to win. Wouldn't mind seeing the goal but from where we were it was a ball that should have been cut out. Only one game in, and we could have easily won it. Noone's booking looked a joke, atwell was a shocking ref today, and gave some terrible decisions.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That was last season , the comment made to me.

Come off it, you're being pedantic. They had a brilliant defence for the whole of last season. You were making the point about us having a bad run of form towards the end of last season. Form doesn't count one bit now we're in a new season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come off it, you're being pedantic. They had a brilliant defence for the whole of last season. You were making the point about us having a bad run of form towards the end of last season. Form doesn't count one bit now we're in a new season.

But theirs does ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here