Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not one game. We have been awful all year, scored hardly any goals. For FFS smell the coffee. Will it hit you when we are bottom after 10 games, 20 or 30 games?

Someone who can see through their blue and white glasses.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Their form? A whole season is hardly form.

Alright then, what would you suggest are the problems, seeing as you seem to be such an expert? How would you fix them?

Get someone who can score goals. It is not rocket science. Barnes and CMS are simply nowhere near good enough.

Aug 23, 2011
It's not one game. We have been awful all year, scored hardly any goals. For FFS smell the coffee. Will it hit you when we are bottom after 10 games, 20 or 30 games?

yes but this one game we've played better than we have done recently. If we continue playing like that the goals will come and we won't be anywhere near bottom

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Looks like the same old failings..........can't take our chances even with a highly priced striker who must be a candidate for one of the club's most expensive mistakes ever!
Then after all the huffing and puffing is done by our boys,the other lot go and nick a late goal.
Hmm,think that has happened before hasn't it?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If you're as short sighted to only consider one game, then yes it is. But it's pretty clear to anyone that a good performance, even in defeat, puts you in a better position in the next match to iron out those few errors and progress.

f***ing hell some people on here tonight are idiotic. ONE game does not decide our entire season :facepalm:

You appear to have forgotten the FACT that this is just a continuation from the end of last season. IT IS NOT JUST ONE GAME!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do like CMS but lets be honest the bloke is not good enough. Running around a lot and trying hard is not enough. He has scored 2 league goals since last October I think. I believed the emporers new clothes like everyone else at the start of last season but the bloke cannot score at this level.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh dear God, you're right. If only someone at the club had thought of this. Someone should probably tell them.

Well obviously it has not been enough of a priority has it ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get someone who can score goals. It is not rocket science. Barnes and CMS are simply nowhere near good enough.

This, although IMO Barnes is good in support, in midfield, or as a sub. CMS = a £2.5m rising to £3.25m headless chicken, and not a natural footballer whatsoever.

Only 1 stat matters - winning & 3 points. Don't care about we had more attempts or allegedly played quite well. Who cares.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This, although IMO Barnes is good in support, in midfield, or as a sub. CMS = a £2.5m rising to £3.25m headless chicken, and not a natural footballer whatsoever.

Only 1 stat matters - winning & 3 points. Don't care about we had more attempts or allegedly played quite well. Who cares.

Exactly.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

PRECISELY! The only thing that matters is winning football matches!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Well obviously it has not been enough of a priority has it ?

They obviously do know. But, why not deal with it sooner and give others the head start?

Honestly, how can you even say that? Do you really think they haven't been trying right from the close-season, if not before? Unfortunately things just aren't that easy, especially when it comes to strikers and when you have a limited budget. Players and clubs hold out for more, agents work around all the clubs to get the best deals. I'm sure the striker has been just as much, if not more, of a priority than our other signings, it's just that the others have gone more smoothly and easily, mostly due to them being free agents I suspect.

its not realy worth arguing with them, you won't change their mind, i think they like looking on the gloomy side of everything

I think you're probably right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here