Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If that's what you think, of course you are. But, there's a difference between thinking he's not all that, and deliberately skewing the truth to make him appear worse to others. His position isn't an opinion thing, it's a fact thing.

You have a habit of painting him in the worst light possible ('let's ignore some of his goals so that he doesn't seem as good'), so of course you're going to argue he's a striker, because a striker who only scores 14 goals (sorry, 11 league goals, sorry, 8 league goals from open play) makes him seem worse than a midfielder who has scored 14 goals (sorry, 11 league goals...).
See, you can't avoid subjectivity can you....Barnes supporters always ignore the many many poor passes, lost control, failure to even get a shot off...... so we are even then aren't we?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry, I assumed this was a rhetorical question...... if he was midfield he would be consistently tracking back to pick up the ball from the defence,.... this he doesnt do does he,... he is mostly receiving the ball in an advanced position from the other midfield/wide players..... thus leading me to the conclusion that he is a forward.... simplistic, but I find that works on NSC.

Not all midfielders track back though. So he can still be a midfielder, maybe an attacking midfielder?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not all midfielders track back though. So he can still be a midfielder, maybe an attacking midfielder?
... or maybe a slightly withdrawn striker in a free role?!..... anyway I am off to the pub,.... Boule and cider in the West country before heading down to Sussex on Tuesday for the week, and Cardiff and Barnsley..... ttfn.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
See, you can't avoid subjectivity can you....Barnes supporters always ignore the many many poor passes, lost control, failure to even get a shot off...... so we are even then aren't we?

Where in my post did I pass judgement on Barnes? What appraisal did I give where I might have ignored aspects of his game? Or do you just see people credit him with all fourteen goals and assume they have a pro-barnes bias that prevents them seeing the good and bad of him?

All I've done is point out how your anti-barnes sentiment is clouding your interpretation of his play. That doesn't mean I'm saying there's nothing wrong with Barnes, or even that I think he's the greatest. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone calling out a poster's "anti-cms" bias, while clearly exhibiting their own "anti-barnes" bias.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, I assumed this was a rhetorical question...... if he was midfield he would be consistently tracking back to pick up the ball from the defence,.... this he doesnt do does he,... he is mostly receiving the ball in an advanced position from the other midfield/wide players..... thus leading me to the conclusion that he is a forward.... simplistic, but I find that works on NSC.

I remember seeing him track back and defend, collect the ball from mattock/painter/other left back, and bring it forward and often hugged the left touchline throughout last season.

He mostly player midfield/left side. That is a fact. How well he did it, well, that is opinion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here