Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Get your frickin chins up . Jesus f g christ. A ball has not been kicked in the league season yet and some are bitching like girls. Get a grip.

Hull are potentially a top 6 side and nothing is decided today. 4:3:3 away from home so although might not look creative the intent is there

Get behind the boys

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Team with numbers:

Starting Formation: 4-3-3

29. Tomasz Kuszczak 2. Bruno 3. Gordon Greer 6. Adam El-Abd 28. Wayne Bridge 8. Andrew Crofts 18. Gary Dicker 26. Liam Bridcutt 9. Ashley Barnes 12. Craig Mackail-Smith 11. Craig Noone

Subs
16. Casper Ankergren 5. Lewis Dunk 14. Inigo Calderon 17. Ryan Harley 22. Marcos Painter 23. Torbjorn Agdestein 25. Kazenga LuaLua

With Vicente & Buckley injured we do NOT look dangerous.

I figure Craig Noone is included because he is better defensively than Kazenga Lualua. We could easily slip into two banks of four in a 4-4-2 if defending. Or even five across the centre. I would be pleased if it is 0-0 at half-time.

Apart from the missing Vicente, the squad (if not the team) is exactly as expected.

Last edited:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ankergren

Painter
Dunk
Greer
Calderon

Bridcutt
Dicker
Sparrow
LuaLua

Barnes
Mackail-Smith

COMPARED TO:

Kuszczak

Bruno
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge

Bridcutt
Crofts
Dicker
Noone

Barnes
Mackail-Smith

I'm pretty happy with this line up and think we can win it

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can't see anything other than a draw today - 0-0 or 1-1 I think :)

Good luck to all the lads and lasses that have made the trip up there (not to mention the team itself!!), REALLY buzzing for Tuesday night when my season properly begins!! :D

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sometimes, when a player has a total mare, the best thing you can do is stick him back on the pitch next game. So I'm happy Nooney is starting.
Yep, he can't be much worse than Tuesday so the only way is up.

Not quite sure how people can moan about a lack of creativity and then moan about Dicker playing with the next breath, his biggest flaw is a lack of pace, but in a midfield three with Bridders and Crofts he shouldn't be caught out for that as he was occasionally last season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Being a solid unit away from home is the most important thing.
We can be all attacking and flair laden at home on a big, flat nice pitch that suits our play.

The KC Hull pitch is bigger, certainly wide than the Amex.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would say this is an away team. Not defensive, but tougher. The beauty of Vicente is watching him play, why give the Hull fans a treat?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
See it as a 4-2-3-1
Crofts a part of the 3 more advanced than Bridcutt and Dicker

At home expecting to see Vicente in the advanced role with Crofts slipping back to replace Dicker. Similar formation home and away but different personel. Gus wants 2 CM who don't roam much so the full backs can bomb on.

Always think of it a bit like the Liverpool Midfield that won Champs League.
Bridcutt / Mascerano breaking things up and covering full backs who push on
Dicker / Alonso Deep lying passer
Crofts / Gerrard Advanced player not quite free role but true box to box (always ahead of where the ball is as much as possible if not on it himself)

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Quick query... do we know if the football league show is returning tonight?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Can you listen to Sussex Counties radio on the internet?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Get your frickin chins up . Jesus f g christ. A ball has not been kicked in the league season yet and some are bitching like girls. Get a grip.

Hull are potentially a top 6 side and nothing is decided today. 4:3:3 away from home so although might not look creative the intent is there

Get behind the boys

Well said that man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here