Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Hull City v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Worried about the lack of attacking threat in our side with Nooney not in good form and no Vicente. Dicker starting again is a shame too.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I have the utmost respect for Gus as a manager, and completely trust him. But I really don't understand why Sparrow and Vincelot don't make that bench!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
are we really saying that we are a one man team?
if so then its bollox I will be happy if we grind out a 1-0 win today
things might be better with Vicente but he is not there and the team will manage without him I am sure

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
are we really saying that we are a one man team?
if so then its bollox I will be happy if we grind out a 1-0 win today
things might be better with Vicente but he is not there and the team will manage without him I am sure

I do agree. Incredibly weak bench though! Apart from Lua Lua, we do not have any players that I trust to make a positive impact on a match...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Vicente has a minor niggle apparently. Wasn't risked as the long journey would have made it worse.

I have this image of him having to run behind the coach and the rest of the team relaxing in the cool inside the coach

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
What's with all this pessimistic rubbish? Surely the first game of the season is one where we can jump in with blind optimism.

We're gonna CRUSH 'em 6-0!

RAGHHHHHHHHH!

:albion2:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Noone is clearly 3rd best of our wingers but Buckley is injury prone and LuaLua often a super-sub. Solid flexible player who hopefully if we all slag off, will knock in or create our goal today. Think CMS will knock in a rebound from him or spilled shot etc.

Vicente may have been told he won't start (Crofts and not playing 2 ACM away) and thus allowed to stay home rather than be on bench. Slippery slope that but

Glad Dunk moved to bench. Like him but form been poor. Have we got the 16 named first game last season to compare to 18 today? Think today even without Buckley and Hoskins injured and Vicente missing, will be significantly stronger :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what's with all this pessimistic rubbish? Surely the first game of the season is one where we can jump in with blind optimism.

We're gonna crush 'em 6-0!

Raghhhhhhhhh!

:albion2:

noone is clearly 3rd best of our wingers but buckley is injury prone and lualua often a super-sub. Solid flexible player who hopefully if we all slag off, will knock in or create our goal today. Think cms will knock in a rebound from him or spilled shot etc.

Vicente may have been told he won't start (crofts and not playing 2 acm away) and thus allowed to stay home rather than be on bench. Slippery slope that but

glad dunk moved to bench. Like him but form been poor. Have we got the 16 named first game last season to compare to 18 today? Think today even without buckley and hoskins injured and vicente missing, will be significantly stronger :thumbsup:

thats the spirit we want

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Not liking that line-up, i would be happy with 10th again this year. Think we're going to start off the way we finished last season - badly.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Solid looking lineup perfect for tricky first away fixture. Close game I reckon more likely a low scoring draw with the optimist in me thinking we will ride out a 1-0 win

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
CMS will be right up for this. With or without Vicente I'm thinking 2-1 Albion with CMS to grab the winner!! Did I say thinking... Perhaps hoping

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
CROFTS COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE HERE
really good signing
might even get a goal

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sometimes, when a player has a total mare, the best thing you can do is stick him back on the pitch next game. So I'm happy Nooney is starting.

Shame about Vicente, if he starts against Cardiff it could be worth it. He may have taken a knock at Swindon, but I also think away to Hull will be a physical game with some crunching tackles, I see Cardiff at home as being a more footballing game probably better suited to Vicente's style of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here