Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Here we go - no Vicente

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he's reading NSC is the commentator
Vicente not starting have I missed something is he injured or coming on as super sub.............after 5 mins

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hull start with two strikers and two very attacking wingers. Let's hope we don't sit back and invite pressure like we did in so many away matches last season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No Vicente,,Dicker and Noone start ,,,Lualua on bench,talk about da jarvu,,pmsl..What a joke,especially Noone.

Maybe Lualua has not got 60 minutes in him because of recent injuries? So therefore better to play Noone for 60 odd and thing bring him on against a tired defence?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
After seeing the squad its going ot be close, 1-1 or 2-1 either way

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This will probably be an unpopular observation but here goes...

Vicente reached full fitness and started making regular starts at the tail end of last season. By most accounts he was awesome and yet we didn't win a single game of the last eight (I don't immediately know how many of those he started). Is it therefore possible that all of his awesomeness is coming at the expense of something elsewhere on the pitch? Are we looking towards him too much and becoming one dimensional?

Viewed against this background, the fact that he is not starting is not necessarily the end of the world.

Just saying is all.

Cue binfest...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm glad Dunk has been dropped after recent performances.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Have to assume LuaLua is still not 100% to not be starting over Noone. I do find it slightly odd that last season Gus was copmplaining about the switch to five subs coming after he'd put together a squad for seven subs, but now he seems to be making a squad for five subs when we can now have seven.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not at all optimistic .. that team selection begs all sorts of questions, none of which will ever get answered. Winning at Hull wouldn't have been a shock but it will be now

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So the bizarre team selections continue.....apart from the obvious omission, did we really need painter on the bench with Calde and dunk there and el abd on the pitch.
What is the obvious omission??

I don't think we've left Vicente at home through choice if that's what you mean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports