Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

Just like Fulham’s attacking intent? They played very attractive football. Took Brighton twice.

It’s only points that count. You can only play with the hand you’ve been given. This Brighton squad are exactly where they should be. Other fans laugh at our own fans stupidly in regards to Hughton. It’s bloody ridiculous. This season started well under defensive tactics. It was the more expansive switch in tactics with the change to 4-3-3 around Christmas time that turned the season. I’m not saying Hughton is perfect. He isn’t. He makes mistakes. But he’s done what’s been asked of him since he arrived.

Is there a bigger myth propagandised about our football that we became “attacking” with a “4-3-3”. What everyone actually saw was the No10 guy close to Murray dragged 20 yards back into our desperately useless midfield

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Pre season against Crawley, Hastings and Worthing will set us up for a top six finish without a doubt

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Here in lies the problem. We are not going to be competing for a top 6 finish next season but plenty of supporters seem to expect it and therefore start whining when things don't look rosy

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don't necessarily disagree with this but very few managers ever make subs in the first half.
I guess he wanted to try and find a way to keep Andone's pace and Gross' creativity on the pitch at the same time?

There was a study done on few years of Champions league games, to see if first half substitutions were more effective than those made at other times. Essentially it found that first half tactical subs were twice as effective.

Chris usually likes to do subs like for like and generally at the same time every match and never in the first half. Although I concede this is not unusual, just uninspiring.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
There was a study done on few years of Champions league games, to see if first half substitutions were more effective than those made at other times. Essentially it found that first half tactical subs were twice as effective.

Chris usually likes to do subs like for like and generally at the same time every match and never in the first half. Although I concede this is not unusual, just uninspiring.

Would have loved a first half sub but they very rarely happen. (I think Bournemouth may have made one yesterday but it is rare).
At least he changed it after 45 minutes rather than waiting for 60 minutes.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh f#ck off. That's disrespectful to the lads playing for your team who have earned 35 points this season

The back 5 are the only players that have not had both hands tied behind their backs.
Most of those points have been earned by heroic performances from D and D and the odd other player like Knocky and March.
Even Murray must be p*ssed off with the lack of support he has been given.
You need to be an Albion fan to realise the lack of intent has been unbearable and unacceptable and for fans that pay there hard earnt cash to watch such crap is just not cricket.

Take your Hughton hat off and look at it from a fan's perspective, even wrighty and Shearer said there was zero effort to press the ball until March was brought on and i can only assume orders were to chase the one-nil deficit again.
When Hughton turned away in frustration when Duffy or Murray missed efforts he is out of order, he is the one person that has put the entire squad under pressure, what does the man expect.

Sooner he has gone the better, he can play his brand of football with Millwall or someone, not that I think they would put up with that for anymore than six matches.

He has been lucky that Brighton fans in general would forgive a mass murderer for running over their granny.
He will never change his ideas in what he calls football, if he is so great maybe he will get snapped up by a top 10 side, but I think he is better off going to help the ROI team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Here in lies the problem. We are not going to be competing for a top 6 finish next season but plenty of supporters seem to expect it and therefore start whining when things don't look rosy

I assume thats a joke.

Here's anothe one, Hughton has given Knocky a free role to express himself.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The back 5 are the only players that have not had both hands tied behind their backs.
Most of those points have been earned by heroic performances from D and D and the odd other player like Knocky and March.
Even Murray must be p*ssed off with the lack of support he has been given.
You need to be an Albion fan to realise the lack of intent has been unbearable and unacceptable and for fans that pay there hard earnt cash to watch such crap is just not cricket.

Take your Hughton hat off and look at it from a fan's perspective, even wrighty and Shearer said there was zero effort to press the ball until March was brought on and i can only assume orders were to chase the one-nil deficit again.
When Hughton turned away in frustration when Duffy or Murray missed efforts he is out of order, he is the one person that has put the entire squad under pressure, what does the man expect.

Sooner he has gone the better, he can play his brand of football with Millwall or someone, not that I think they would put up with that for anymore than six matches.

He has been lucky that Brighton fans in general would forgive a mass murderer for running over their granny.
He will never change his ideas in what he calls football, if he is so great maybe he will get snapped up by a top 10 side, but I think he is better off going to help the ROI team.

I don't say that the football has been great; however some posters are becoming ''tiresome'' - Its like listening to the SNP who have only one Policy which is ''Independence''

For some posters here now, every thread leads to '' CH '' - It is sore on the ears .

And as for your last line - What have you suddenly become his Agent ? - You posted a few days ago that you never wanted him at Brighton at all so you have probably been waiting 4 years for this moment like the Pied Piper just waiting for people to start to follow your ''Hughton Out Brigade'' - The successful seasons must have been even more painful for you than the pain you are alluding to now.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't say that the football has been great; however some posters are becoming ''tiresome'' - Its like listening to the SNP who have only one Policy which is ''Independence''

For some posters here now, every thread leads to '' CH '' - It is sore on the ears .

And as for your last line - What have you suddenly become his Agent ? - You posted a few days ago that you never wanted him at Brighton at all so you have probably been waiting 4 years for this moment like the Pied Piper just waiting for people to start to follow your ''Hughton Out Brigade'' - The successful seasons must have been even more painful for you than the pain you are alluding to now.

Hardly the Pied Piper, just a fan that believes in our players to be able to win matches in the right manner not to nick 1 nil sit back and pray that we don't make any mistakes for the rest of the match.
I admire his salesmanship and single-mindedness, but when the single-mindedness is to defend with 10 players it really is as boring as f#ck.
I hope he would understand why that I hate that brand of football and it kills me to see my club playing like that week in and week out as for falling back with my players are not good enough excuses.

Now that is insulting the lads on mass scale.

To me I saw this early, probably 6 games in and made that decision there and then it would frustrate me immensely to watch the Albion play like that every week.

When the club asked me why I didn't renew my ST I was honest with the guy to help my club with their feedback, most would say I can't afford it or i have just bought a new hamster and can't leave him at home on his own.

It really isn't personal just hate the way he sets up our team and just thought the ROI might put up with that style.
He probably needs some time off anyhow this really is a win-win position for everyone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hardly the Pied Piper, just a fan that believes in our players to be able to win matches in the right manner not to nick 1 nil sit back and pray that we don't make any mistakes for the rest of the match.
I admire his salesmanship and single-mindedness, but when the single-mindedness is to defend with 10 players it really is as boring as f#ck.
I hope he would understand why that I hate that brand of football and it kills me to see my club playing like that week in and week out as for falling back with my players are not good enough excuses.

Now that is insulting the lads on mass scale.

To me I saw this early, probably 6 games in and made that decision there and then it would frustrate me immensely to watch the Albion play like that every week.

When the club asked me why I didn't renew my ST I was honest with the guy to help my club with their feedback, most would say I can't afford it or i have just bought a new hamster and can't leave him at home on his own.

It really isn't personal just hate the way he sets up our team and just thought the ROI might put up with that style.
He probably needs some time off anyhow this really is a win-win position for everyone.

I can’t remember many supporters complaining about CH and his brand of football from Aug 15 to Apr 17. There might have been some whinging after each rare defeat, but that’s normal.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do you mean 6 games into this season or into CH tenure?
CH tenure.
I can’t remember many supporters complaining about CH and his brand of football from Aug 15 to Apr 17. There might have been some whinging after each rare defeat, but that’s normal.
No they probably didn't, surprising how 1 goal wins will excite some however we nick them.
Just saying that isn't for me I think it destroys the mentality of a positive player and frustrates me as fan who likes to see creative football.
I just couldn't see that football sustainable long term.

D

Deleted member 2719

So you were fed up with Hughton after 6 games in Feb 2015 and gave up your season ticket that March 2015
Blimey. Oh well.

Like me or not I am consistent.
If only we had ask the club now they could confirm it, even Barber had to mention it when emailing me, so its in their CRM system.
I feel its only right to give honest feedback.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
If only we had ask the club now they could confirm it, even Barber had to mention it when emailing me, so its in their CRM system.

Fair play and very honest.
However I think VERY few of our fans would have described Hughton as negative and defensive in our last 2 seasons in the Championship.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Did you come on here in 2015-2018 making a case for why he should be sacked ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CH tenure.

No they probably didn't, surprising how 1 goal wins will excite some however we nick them.
Just saying that isn't for me I think it destroys the mentality of a positive player and frustrates me as fan who likes to see creative football.
I just couldn't see that football sustainable long term.

Was it really ghastly 1-0 wins from Aug 15 to Apr 17, based on a boring defensive style?

I must be going mad, as I don’t remember that whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here